• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Tait not confident of playing;

http://content-aus.cricinfo.com/ausvind/content/story/330258.html

Think he's right. The Aussie selectors have always been reluctant to pick four pace bowlers and no spinner and when they have, it hasn't really worked. Johnson was hot and cold in Sydney and the key thing was that Ponting gave him more overs than anyone else so he's obviously in favour and he did try his guts out to get a wicket. With Johnson, you get the feeling he's not far away from a really good groove as I think he's got the guns working, just not in sync as yet. I would reckon the Aussie selectors would feel the same way.

Also, I know everyone goes on about how well Tait bowled in the 20/20 match at the WACA but, aside from Tait's first over, Lee looked far more threatening and just as quick. Why? Good line. He beat the bat numerous times and if you asked them after the game who they would rather have faced, I'm sure the NZ batters would have said Tait. Johnson also bowled well because of his good line, the ball to get Sinclair was a classic leftie quick dismissal. And I say this as an unabashed Tait fan. Johnson should get the nod and I reckon if he doesn't bowl around the wicket as much and uses that angle, he'll be far more dangerous on the WACA. If he gets into rhythm, he'll be a handfull and if given the nod, I'm tipping him for a big Test.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Akram makes a good point. "Who will bowl the new ball in the next test is an interesting point. If Ishant Sharma is to bowl the new ball in the next test, he should be bowling now as it is difficult to control the new ball (and so as much practise you can get, the better)."

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
- Ishant is bowled in the 18th over of the inning. Takes 2 wickets first up. Haha.

- VRV is really struggling with his no balls.

Simon

First Class team, or First Grade? Because they're definitely up to First Grade standard.
most of these guys are fairly good, was supposed to be playing against Perera tomorrow but cause he's playing here he's out of 1st grade. We are in the middle of Two dayers here so its the same for every club losing players. He's pretty quick, going by last weekend I'd say high 130's.
But with Rogers and Cowan in there its slightly stronger than a usual Comets side that compete pretty well in the 2nd XI comp.

Simon

hope John Rogers goes well here, only a young guy and is probably the brighest batting prospect to come from Canberra in a long time, i think he's only 20 and was captaining the Comets earlier in the summer.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Sharma has not taken a wicket for the whole second test and gone for 146 runs.

On another note Chris Rogers made 60 (got dismissed lbw just then). He could get a call-up if Matthew Hayden doesn't play.