• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
claiming catches?
This picture has been playing in the media a lot:

After he said he definitely didn't ground the ball wanting the teams to take the fielder's word for it.

Not that I think its a big deal, but in part, that's why Ponting is being criticized.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Dire picture. Doesn't prove a thing. Already posted my thoughts on it and other examples.

Not aimed at all at you SS, but I've just remembered why I'm trying to stay away from ths thread. :(

PhoenixFire

International Coach
Tbf on Ponting, a lot of catches could look like in hi-motion and look as dodgy as that, even though they were totally legitimate catches.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
And this one too:

Just explaining why people are upset at Australia. Every team pretty much would have went up for the appeal (remember Dhoni did in England, and Pieterson was called back?).

See it live here

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
*madness ensues*
I agree with you. It's a bit rich coming from India. Of course, this time there was supposedly a pact between Kumble and Ponting, but I think all of that is BS. As a professional, of course you should try to get iffy things in your favor.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I agree with you. It's a bit rich coming from India. Of course, this time there was supposedly a pact between Kumble and Ponting, but I think all of that is BS. As a professional, of course you should try to get iffy things in your favor.
favour

ColdSnow

School Boy/Girl Captain
I wonder why India are still continuing this tour. They should scrap this tour immediately because nothing will change the fact that the screbook now reads 2-0 instead of 1-1 like it should.

And Im not Indian...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nah, doesn't exist in India.
That view is stupid:

By IBNLive.com

New Delhi: The arrest of three Nigerians in the Rahul Mahajan case for alleged drug peddling has increased the fears of Africans in India that prejudices against them will increase.

Only a few people of some African countries have been booked for drug peddling, Internet fraud and petty crimes, but the community fears that the media, the police and Indians in general have branded them as criminals.

Young Africans come to India, their land of hope and a bright future, because it offers quality and affordable education. Khaled, a PHD student at JNU and the president of the university’s foreign students union, is one such student.

Coming to India from Sudan was Khaled’s dream come true, but he feels Indians are prejudiced. “I came to India because it’s feasible but I feel the attitude of Indians is very biased. A black man will find it very difficult to get a house on rent in Delhi. A white man will get a house by paying a token of Rs 100. I will not; that’s why I prefer living on the campus,” he says.

Khaled’s friends from Sudan his are studying in universities across the country. Eihab is a management student and Mujahid, who has cut his sidelocks like Hritik Roshan, is studying IT. They agree that India offers them opportunities but say they have to suffer racial stereotypes.

“People here don’t know about Africa. They hear Nigeria and think drug peddling. This is not true and people don’t realize Africa is a huge continent with many nations,” says Mujahid.

Khaled and his friends say they have to suffer constant racism. There are taunts; there are stereotypical media images and there is suspicion from the police.
Plenty of stories like this one, even ignoring all this stuff.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
BTW, what do people feel about Bollyline as the name for the scandal? Liking it a lot personally. Punning & a nod to cricket's (in)glorious past.

Slow Love™

International Captain
I think shortpitched was being sarcastic...

Stranger things have happened though, there aren't any homosexuals in Iran, for example.