• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Indian media is a grabage can ,it stinks a lot .As an Indian i never pay any attention to those glorified tabloid trash talks .
Tujhe dekha tho yeh jaana sanaam, pyar hota hai deewana sanaam. Yahaan se kahan jaaein hum, teri bahon me mar jaye hum!!

Tony

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yep only 20 or so people who are near the tv studio would be burning the effigies I would guess.

I'll get all my cricket comment from this chat room and channel 9 with the volume turned down in future.....then I know its reliable informed and up to date

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahahahahaha

Lol'd so hard, because it reminds me of Russell Peters talking about bollywood movies. About how they alway end up un a field full of flowers etc. etc.

EDIT:

Ninemsn poll today asking about Bucknor, good to see most are agreeing that he should've been dropped for the perth test.

Thoughts on how the ICC has handled the situation so far? IMO they've done a fair job to this point. But I guess the real iron test is yet to come in regards to the HB Singh appeal.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Tujhe dekha tho yeh jaana sanaam, pyar hota hai deewana sanaam. Yahaan se kahan jaaein hum, teri bahon me mar jaye hum!!
It clearly states in the rules that you must speak English. I'm fairly sure you've been warned about this before, too, so watch it.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Actually, just to take us further off-topic, would you mind translating it..:ph34r:
"When I saw you I found out sweetheart, that love is mad/crazy sweetheart. Where should I go from here, I'll die in your arms."

Something like that.

As far as ICC handling the situation goes, yes I agree they've done a pretty good job. But yeah the real test is yet to come.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Surreal thread, beats even the surreal cricketing world outside.

Two days ago was cricketing world war II (or III or IV), yesterday couple of folks were going around squirting kerosene on the still-smouldering embers. And now people are running around trees singing old Bollywood songs.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Surreal thread, beats even the surreal cricketing world outside.
AWTA. I don't know if I've enjoyed or hated reading this thread. It has brought out mixed emotions in me. There have been so many great posts on the issue, but they have been outnumbered by the incredibly poor ones. Some of the people posting in this thread should be banned imo.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Don't have to be denied. The preference of lighter skin over darker skin in a culture itself is racist. How could you deny it isn't? It's the definition of racism.
I am not sure what the EXACT definition of racism is and I don't want to get into a semantics battle again...

For me, racism meant the sort practiced in America and other parts of the world, when darker skinned people were kept out of society and were treated in unbelievably inhuman ways in preference to lighter skinned people... Such stuff never happened in India. In fact, even though there is a general preference for fair skin, esp. when it comes to defining a girl's beauty, there have been more than enough instances of people thinking that darker complexion is just as, if not more, beautiful than a fairer complexion. Two diff. situations, methinks...

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
From crikey.com.au. EDIT: Link.
16. Australian Test team: do we really hate them?

Thomas Hunter writes:

Australians love their sport, and we love most of our pro sportspeople. Even Jana Pittman seems to be rising in the estimations of the average couch-bound sportsfan.

Yet over the last few days, the nation’s media organisations have asked Joe Public what he thinks about the Australian Test team. When you aggregate the results, there’s one fairly obvious conclusion: we don’t much like our international cricketers.

Of course, “click here to vote” polling is inherently unreliable, so maybe there are no conclusions to be drawn from the following polls. Besides, the Indians were holed up in their hotel while the drama unfolded. Maybe they did most of the voting.

But if there is something to learn from it, perhaps it is this: before the final wicket fell on Sunday evening, there was a latent antipathy for the Aussies lurking in the national sporting psyche. A feeling of sympathy for the Indian team’s undeserving loss, coupled with the Australians' gauche victory dance, gave us reason to express it.

Is it success fatigue? Are we tired of tedious, one-sided cricket? On balance, do we consider the Aussies a bunch of bad winners?

The Age

Are Australian cricketers bad sports?

Yes: 76%
No: 24%

Herald Sun

Should Ricky Ponting be sacked as captain of Australia?

Yes: 67% (6958 votes)
No: 32% (3340 votes)

Daily Telegraph

Do the Australian team play in the true spirit of cricket?

Yes: 17% (1516 votes)
No: 82% (6918 votes)

Today Tonight

Do you think Ricky Ponting should be removed as Australian cricket captain?

Yes: 28%
No: 72%

Foxsports

Has Australia's behaviour in the current Test series changed the way you will support the team?

Yes: I will no longer support this side: 61.8% (5342 votes)
Yes: but I still love the baggy green: 11.63% (1006 votes)
No: I think their behaviour was appropriate: 26.56% (2296 votes)
Worrying, innit? On another note, Today Tonight's target audience happens to be Roebuck readers. Coming up next on Mythbusters......

Last edited: