• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Controversies ignite in Australia

The_Bunny

State Regular
I forgot to mention Jaffer getting bowled by a potential no-ball as well.
Bit off topic, but i would love to see a study done on just how many wickets have been given where a no ball should have been called in the last few years.
Personally I would expect there to be a few.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Bit off topic, but i would love to see a study done on just how many wickets have been given where a no ball should have been called in the last few years.
Personally I would expect there to be a few.
I'd be surprised if there were any/many. TV replays would find out pretty quickly, and it would make the news (I haven't heard of it at least, but there might be).

Barney Rubble

International Coach
I know there's been some diabolical decisions against India in this series, but I don't think calling off the tour is a sensible idea. I'd like to see the Indian team knuckle down and possibly win one (or both) of the last two games. The sort of histrionics we're seeing over bad decisions etc in the last test are a little silly in my opinion. Knuckle down, do your best, and if poor umpiring remains the problem at the end of the series then we all know what's happened as we've all seen it. I think player performance (in some cases a severe lack of) gets lost in the furore.
Hear, hear.

I think the notion of refereeing or umpiring "bias" in modern professional sport is totally and utterly outdated and irrelevant. The stakes are far, far too high in any form of competition these days for any official to gamble their career, their future and their livelihood by deliberately making decisions that favour one team above another, just because of some personal grudge or vendetta.

That is not to say that the idea of match-fixing, a completely separate issue, is far-fetched - you only have to look at Italian football to see that it's not - but frankly, the idea that there is some sort of global conspiracy against subcontinental teams is absolutely ridiculous.

When asking whether or not such a conspiracy exists, the key question is, "why?". Why would umpires discriminate against subcontinental teams? What purpose does it serve? What's their motivation? None of these questions have answers, and the continued claims of subcontinental fans that they are being discriminated against in some way is only going to serve to agitate the international cricket community further. Anyone who entertains these notions is doing their nation and themselves no favours, and is acting immaturely and irrationally.

It should say a lot for the issue that the most high-profile proponent of these conspiracy theories is Navjot Singh Sidhu - why anyone would take the biggest idiot in the global cricket media seriously is beyond me. His lust for attention and controversy surpasses that of even Ian Botham, and I can't understand why anyone would listen to his mad ramblings.

biased indian

International Coach
The Indian is jeopardy after the second test match over bad umpiring, and allegations of racism and unsportsmanlike conduct

The above lines are there in the first page of cricketweb at 2 places..can somebody tell me wht does indian here means ????????? :@ :@ :-O

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
The Indian is jeopardy after the second test match over bad umpiring, and allegations of racism and unsportsmanlike conduct

The above lines are there in the first page of cricketweb at 2 places..can somebody tell me wht does indian here means ????????? :@ :@ :-O
I think they're talking about the newspaper "The Indian", which is in jeopardy, because not many people are buying it due to its lack of coverage of this whole situation. And so when it did decide to cover it, it went OTT.

biased indian

International Coach
I think they're talking about the newspaper "The Indian", which is in jeopardy, because not many people are buying it due to its lack of coverage of this whole situation. And so when it did decide to cover it, it went OTT.
so that ponting is a life time achivemnt award for you ???

i used to read your post now i think i will have to skip them..i just hate that guy..the biggest cheat the game has seen i think.....

Shaggy Alfresco

State Captain

# a member of the race of people living in America when Europeans arrived
# a native or inhabitant of India
# of or relating to or characteristic of India or the East Indies or their peoples or languages or cultures; "the Indian subcontinent"; "Indian saris"
# Amerind: any of the languages spoken by Amerindians
# of or pertaining to American Indians or their culture or languages; "Native American religions"; "Indian arrowheads"

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I literally sat here for 10-15 minutes trying to make sense of it, but I couldn't. BI bro mind explaining? :p

biased indian

International Coach
I literally sat here for 10-15 minutes trying to make sense of it, but I couldn't. BI bro mind explaining? :p
r u asking about my second post.......?????

i was just asking ..is that ponting in u r avatar becuse u lost the avatar challange you had
with pasag

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
r u asking about my second post.......?????

i was just asking ..is that ponting in u r avatar becuse u lost the avatar challange you had
with pasag
Ahhhh I see. Nah not with Pasag, this one is for one month with Evermind.

As far as the lifetime one goes, it's with Sam (not Pasag), India hasn't lost yet.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
True. But there are so many typos in my posts and articles that I never, ever, ever say anything. Am i the only one who always types "in the" as "int eh"?

If i am the only one, I am not about to ask for opinions as to why :)

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
so its fixed for life.....you better get banned and come in with a new name..may be turbinator-2..just hate that guy in your avatar
It's not that bet, I edited the post. And yes I hate this **** as well, with a passion.

Last edited:

river end

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's times like this I wish Adam Gilchrist was Aust captain. He seems like he would more likely have the character to diffuse the situation better than Ponting. Anyone agree?

But because the Aust selectors have always avoided making wicket keepers Australian captain, then it wasn't to be.