• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Lol, welcome back C_C, don't know why you had to start a new account when the other one wasn't permanently banned though. It's also against the forum rules so if you could kindly use your proper account for now and the two will be merged in time.
Really mate, i have no idea who this CC is/was and i am not him/her.

Prodigy

Cricket Spectator
Ofcourse I am anti-Australia ! Duh! I've been to your country, i've lived there for a while and i've read your history and current affairs politics. Fairminded people like Slow_love are literally one-in-a-thousand down under and i've seen/read/heard nothing that convinces me that Australia deserves my respect in any field. The most racist nation on the face of the planet, with a history that makes Nazi-Germany look like a little gangster-thug, with current policies that are despicable even by third world standards and you want my respect ? Whatever for ?
But i have backed up every single point i've made with logic and precise recollection of the event, so biassed or not, my stance still stands.
really, what about Zimbabwe, who's president has white men killed because of their colour, or some middle east countries, that kill women who do not wear the hijab, even though they are not Muslim, or some asian countries that kill people that wear a crucifix or another Catholic symbol.

If we make Nazi-Germany look bad, then i must have missed something. We have not commited a genocide against over 2 million people. We have not put people into concentration camps and we have not killed the Mentally ******** because they do not look right.

And what policies are you refering to?

ozone

First Class Debutant
You also maintain that a wicketkeeper standing directly behind you just 2 feet away cannot see that your bat is tucked firmy BEHIND your front foot. Shows how much credibility you have, mate.
Despite what you say, I will always maintain this. We have discussed this previously and as I explained then, the keeper is focusing on the ball and therefore only notices the deviation and not where it hits if the bat and pad are close together. As for questioning my credibility over it, as I recall, you were on your own in the argument.

Well reading history, current affairs and experiencing the mentality in that nation is as good a reason as any to slag off that nation. If you cannot draw conclusions about a society based on their past and present conduct, then i am sorry to say, you are just a politically correct do-gooder even at the expense of the truth. I did mention that there are some excellent Aussies but by and large, i found (and still do) most Aussies to be pretty low on my scale of likeability.
Simply give me an example of something you have read which has made you draw these conclusions.

As for Ponting's grassed catch- there is a picture of it floating around, i can easily post it.
Go ahead.

really, what about Zimbabwe, who's president has white men killed because of their colour, or some middle east countries, that kill women who do not wear the hijab, even though they are not Muslim, or some asian countries that kill people that wear a crucifix or another Catholic symbol.
1. Zimbabwe has been at it for less than 5 years now. Australia had been at it for over 100.
Scale matters.

2. NO middle eastern countries kill non-muslim women for not wearing the Hijab. The worst middle eastern offender, Saudi Arabia, will simply deport you if you are a non-muslim woman and refuses to wear the hijab. In ALL other middle eastern nation, non-muslim women can go in public without the hijab.

3. Again, scale matters. Its your nation that went around genociding its natives and then f*cking over the survivors by forcing them off their land, taking away their children and shooting them when they strayed out of their confines. It is your nation that has by far the most attrocious conduct in treatment of refugees, that even most 3rd world countries do better in. Sorry, but in the whole picture, Australia is one of the lowest of the low in my opinion. Doesn't mean you don't have excellent blokes there- just that they are (from my experience) as rare as a rainbow on an overcast day.

If we make Nazi-Germany look bad, then i must have missed something. We have not commited a genocide against over 2 million people. We have not put people into concentration camps and we have not killed the Mentally ******** because they do not look right.
Yes you have- with the aboriginals. On a far bigger scale than 2 million and over a far bigger timeline than just 7-8 years and unlike Nazi germany, your perpetrators ALL got away scot-free. So yes, Australia does make even Nazi-Germany look like just a local thug and that is no mean feat.

Last edited:

Evermind

International Debutant
1. Zimbabwe has been at it for less than 5 years now. Australia had been at it for over 100.
Scale matters.

2. NO middle eastern countries kill non-muslim women for not wearing the Hijab. The worst middle eastern offender, Saudi Arabia, will simply deport you if you are a non-muslim woman and refuses to wear the hijab.

3. Again, scale matters. Its your nation that went around genociding its natives and then f*cking over the survivors by forcing them off their land, taking away their children and shooting them when they strayed out of their confines. It is your nation that has by far the most attrocious conduct in treatment of refugees, that even most 3rd world countries do better in. Sorry, but in the whole picture, Australia is one of the lowest of the low in my opinion. Doesn't mean you don't have excellent blokes there- just that they are (from my experience) as rare as a rainbow on an overcast day.

Yes you have- with the aboriginals. On a far bigger scale than 2 million and over a far bigger timeline than just 7-8 years and unlike Nazi germany, your perpetrators ALL got away scot-free. So yes, Australia does make even Nazi-Germany look like just a local thug and that is no mean feat.
In before ban!

ozone

First Class Debutant
Scale matters..
Even accepting some of the junk you have come out with, Zimbabwe could never be as bad as Australia no matter how bad you think Australia is/was, and if you truly (not just trying to wind people up) believe that, you seriously need to do some reading.

Fusion

Global Moderator
If Rollypolly1 is not C_C, then their thinking and posting styles are almost identical. But why would C_C post from a duplicate account when his original hasn't been banned? Therefore, this guy must be someone else…imagine the fun we'd have if both of them started posting! :)

We have discussed this previously and as I explained then, the keeper is focusing on the ball and therefore only notices the deviation and not where it hits if the bat and pad are close together.
Yeah, only if you have tunnel vision. Sorry, but if you cannot see a 3-4 inch thick and a foot-n-half long bat directly behind the front foot ( from the vantage point of the wicketkeeper, it is bat behind the front leg, obscuring the leg), you are either a liar and a cheat or blind as a bat.

As for questioning my credibility over it, as I recall, you were on your own in the argument.
Kiddo, credibility is not determined by how many hawkers you can attract. I am a newbie here, you have been here a while. Obviously you will have more backers. Credibility is about logic and facts, not about democratic opinion.

Simply give me an example of something you have read which has made you draw these conclusions.
I refuse to give 'an example' because opinions such as these ( how one views a nation/culture) is NOT subject to one article but many and also on personally experiencing that nation- something that you admittedly have not done.
I will be more than happy to talk about how low Australia is compared to most other nations in ethical and humane conduct in its little period of existance as well as today but i think that is a topic and half by itself perhaps better debated in the off-topics forum.

Go ahead.
Happy to oblige :

Categoric, clear and absolute- Ponting grassed it and is a CHEAT for claiming it. The same standard applied to Latif should apply to Ponting and he should be banned.

But why would C_C post from a duplicate account when his original hasn't been banned?
Thats a damn good question. And me thinks this CC character must've been quite popular/well known/etc. for so many here to remember this chap. And if its true that this poster isn't banned, then it makes no sense whatsoever to start a new account, considering that an old account will draw atleast some familiar faces in corroboration/support to the argument. But hey, simple logic like this escapes most.
I repeat, i am NOT this CC chap.

ozone

First Class Debutant
I refuse to give 'an example' because opinions such as these ( how one views a nation/culture) is NOT subject to one article but many and also on personally experiencing that nation- something that you admittedly have not done.
I will be more than happy to talk about how low Australia is compared to most other nations in ethical and humane conduct in its little period of existance as well as today but i think that is a topic and half by itself perhaps better debated in the off-topics forum.
These posts appear to be getting longer so I'm going to cut out most of the quotes.

Firstly, you are wrong about the wicket-keeping thing. No two ways about it.

I have been on here for less than two weeks so I've hardly gathered a fan folowing over the past fortnight and I genuinely believe that people agree with me simply because they think you are mad.

Now, your opinions about Australia. The real reason I feel you haven't provided an example from your reading is that there isn't an obvious one. Of course, every country has events in there past which are not savoury. I don't feel Australia today is worse than any other MEDC nation.

Finally the catch. Yes, it is obvious he grassed it, I believed that before you showed me the picture. However, there is no conclusive evidence in this picture that he knows he has done so. I think a video is needed to prove this as it would need to show him pushing down on the ball. This is why I feel Ponting should not be banned.

Even accepting some of the junk you have come out with, Zimbabwe could never be as bad as Australia no matter how bad you think Australia is/was, and if you truly (not just trying to wind people up) believe that, you seriously need to do some reading.
Mate, enough with shotgun statements with no backup. If you think its junk, show me what exactly is junk.
And yes, it is FACT- far less white people have been killed in Zimbabwe than Aborigines in Australia and Zimbabwe has gone to the $hitter in racial violence against whites only in the last 5-6 years, while Australia did their genocide against Aboriginals for over 10 times longer period.
So it is only logical to say not even Zimbabwe compares to the depravity of Aussie societerial history.

You may not like the fact- maybe you have some elements of racial attachment or cultural attachment to Australia but facts are facts, mate.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Evidence that Zimbabwe is worse than Australia for racism:

The following extract is from a letter sent from a group called the Sons and Daughters of Zimbabwe. This is just one group, and there are many others which you can research for yourselves. The letter was sent to the England cricket team in the build up to the 2003 WC. IMO, it proves that Zimbabwe has more problems than Australia.

This letter is coming from Harare, Zimbabwe, but it is going to be posted in Britain. Congratulations on your decision to come and play cricket in Zimbabwe.
We were interested to be informed that a spokesman of the department of culture stated: "We are pleased the ECB has made it clear players will not take part in Mugabe's propaganda". What a cynical piece of crap! By coming to Zimbabwein the first instance, your players ARE, wittingly or unwittingly, taking part in Mugabe's propaganda.
Our message to you is simple: COME TO ZIMBABWE AND YOU WILL GO BACK TO BRITAIN IN WOODEN COFFINS!

If you have read nothing else I have typed, read that and it might change your mind. These are only the first 3 paragraphs of a letter which is two pages long. I think that is hard evidence enough TBH.

Firstly, you are wrong about the wicket-keeping thing. No two ways about it.
In that case, you are either blind or a liar.
A wicketkeeper who can spot a ball blindsided on his 'wrong side' at 90mph can VERY OBVIOUSLY see a 3-4 inch by 1.5 foot bat firmly behind the front foot, standing directly behind and only 2-3 feet away.
if you claim otherwise, you are just arguing for the sake of it and being disingeneous about it.

. I don't feel Australia today is worse than any other MEDC nation.
Whats a MEDC nation ?

However, there is no conclusive evidence in this picture that he knows he has done so
Who the hell are you trying to kid matey ? You are holding the ball in your hand and you do not know if the ball is firmly touching the grass or not ? Like what, Ponting is stupid enough not to understand the basics of gravity ?
In either case, if he doesnt know he grassed it, he has no right to claim that he is SURE the catch was clean as he claimed ( he is officially not only a cheat but also a LIAR for making the false claim).

This is why I feel Ponting should not be banned.
yet this is EXACTLY what Latif did- claim a grassed chance and got banned. Clear double standards, mate.
That Ponting officially said he is SURE he took the catch clean and yet the evidence CLEARLY shows the catch to've been grassed, is evidence enough of Ponting lying to authority and deserving a ban.

If you have read nothing else I have typed, read that and it might change your mind. These are only the first 3 paragraphs of a letter which is two pages long. I think that is hard evidence enough TBH.
Again, Aussie policy towards Aborigines was far worse. Not only did they kill far more aborigines than whites killed in Zimbabwe, they also took away their children by force, forced them to live in penal-type colonies, etc and as i said, Australia did it for MUCH MUCH longer.

There are only two points in basis of comparative genocide/racist-violence : scale and time period. In both cases, Australia is easily far far more depraved than Zimbabwe is and Australia didn't come under any sanction either, ie, unlike Zimbabwe, they paid literally no penalty for it. So Australia's culpability is far greater.

ozone

First Class Debutant
Again, Aussie policy towards Aborigines was far worse. Not only did they kill far more aborigines than whites killed in Zimbabwe, they also took away their children by force, forced them to live in penal-type colonies, etc and as i said, Australia did it for MUCH MUCH longer.

There are only two points in basis of comparative genocide/racist-violence : scale and time period. In both cases, Australia is easily far far more depraved than Zimbabwe is and Australia didn't come under any sanction either, ie, unlike Zimbabwe, they paid literally no penalty for it. So Australia's culpability is far greater.
FFS, AUSTRALIA TODAY IS NOT WORSE THAN ZIMBABWE.
You are talking about events many years ago.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, only if you have tunnel vision. Sorry, but if you cannot see a 3-4 inch thick and a foot-n-half long bat directly behind the front foot ( from the vantage point of the wicketkeeper, it is bat behind the front leg, obscuring the leg), you are either a liar and a cheat or blind as a bat.

Kiddo, credibility is not determined by how many hawkers you can attract. I am a newbie here, you have been here a while. Obviously you will have more backers. Credibility is about logic and facts, not about democratic opinion.

Happy to oblige :

Categoric, clear and absolute- Ponting grassed it and is a CHEAT for claiming it. The same standard applied to Latif should apply to Ponting and he should be banned.
Well, I've been away for a couple of weeks, but how did I know I'd come back to threads like this one?

I don't popose to get into Australia's record of racial abuse on this forum, but dealing with the things coming out of the Sydney test:

1. Ponting's claimed catch (photo above) - he ought not have claimed it.

2. Gilly's appeling the Dravid dismissal - his appeal was spontaneous and enthusiastic - of course, it doesn't mean he was right, nor does it mean he is in some way morally bankrupt for asking the question, just as the Indians aren't morally bankrupt to have gone off like ICBMs for an lbw shout when Ponting cut the ball in half in the first innings. People appeal for things all the time.

3. The umpiring - it was very, very bad. Thank goodness they were neutral umpires. Despite the poor umpiring, burning effigies of them seems OTT to me. No team should, however, be able to hold the governing body to ransom over whom it appoints to tests, especially when there aren't that many umpires around at international level. Rauf and Bucknor for Perth - I'm more concerned about the standard of the former than the latter, who at least has the excuse of age on his side.

4. The race thing with Harbhajan - I fail to see how you can't report something like that if it is said on the field, irrespective of who says it. It's just not on imo, so if it's said it should be reported.

Whether he should have been found guilty based on one person's word over another is a separate issue. I would find it hard to convict a person on that evidence, but then again I wasn't at the hearing.

People getting upset because Tendulkar's version was not preferred at the hearing are it way off the mark. Whether you've played no tests, one test or 150 tests, that doesn't mean what you say happened did happen, nor does it mean you're lying if it didn't. It simply means the person deciding the matter has preferred one version over the other.

The term which Singh has been found to have used is an offensive term and it's racist. What's more, he knew after October last year that it was an offensive term, just as Hogg knew or certainly ought to have known that the term ****ard is offensive to Indians and he should not have used it. If they said those things they should both get a spell, frankly.

Sad that a great match was overshadowed by these things. I do think, however, from a purely cricketing point of view that a draw would have been easily the fairer result. Imo once India got a 1st innings lead they ought to have pressed harder for runs than they did to give themselves more time to put the Aussies under more pressure. Easy to say from here, of course :) .

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nothing wrong? You must be kidding me.

Grow up, seriously. The Australian team has been responsible for onfield abuse for years now. I can't believe people are either denying it, or are perfectly ok with it. It's really the warped attitude of fans such as yourself who refuse to objectively look at the rot within the team's behaviour that's causing some of the silly debates on this forum.

It's pent up anger of decades coming up, sparked by an almost perfunctory incident. Indians are people who have an exceptionally strong regard for and sense of history, and there is no doubt that it's a matter of double standards, pride, and cultural considerations of decades. What they're outraged about is not that Ponting has reported this fact, but that after nearly half a century of copping racist abuse from Australians and being told to "keep it on the field", they're being shown the book of the law. No one is seriously defending racism here - what's flabbergasting is the double standard.

Madan Lal, Gavaskar, Wasim, Kapil are all talking about it now...hell, even Tony Greig has talked about Aussie sledging in the recent past. If you choose to bury your head in the sand and keep convincing yourself that the team's full of persecuted saints, that's your prerogative, buddy. But you're not going to convince anyone.
Do you have any proof of this? Or is this your first attempt at fiction?