• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

sideshowtim

Banned
Two wrongs don't make a right. He's the captain of the AUSTRALIAN cricket team not East C4s in Sub-districts. The Australian cricket captain should not be kicking turf and carrying on like a spoilt brat. He should conduct himself with dignity. If he doesn't want to do that, hand back his 1 million a year and I'm sure we can find someone else to do it.
If someone is totally disrespecting you, I don't see any reason why you should have to treat them with respect. The journalists were being awful to Ponting, and he was mild mannered compared to them. In the past, when journalists have treated Ponting with dignity and respect, he has done the same to them.

Agent TBY

International Captain
Worst ****ing thread.

Cevno is just ****ing dire, and sideshowtim is even worse because he has no clue at all about the cause-effect theory, attributing a completely different and fabricated cause to the effect that is the suspension of the tour.

The Indian team being crybabies because they suspended the tour is just in your head, because you believe they're doing it because of the umpiring errors, when it's in fact in protest against the Harbhajan banning. Get your facts straight before posting unadulterated crap.

I didn't bother reading the rest of the thread because that post just incensed me no end. If I'm going to be proven wrong, I apologise in advance.

sideshowtim

Banned
Worst ****ing thread.

Cevno is just ****ing dire, and sideshowtim is even worse because he has no clue at all about the cause-effect theory, attributing a completely different and fabricated cause to the effect that is the suspension of the tour.

The Indian team being crybabies because they suspended the tour is just in your head, because you believe they're doing it because of the umpiring errors, when it's in fact in protest against the Harbhajan banning. Get your facts straight before posting unadulterated crap.

I didn't bother reading the rest of the thread because that post just incensed me no end. If I'm going to be proven wrong, I apologise in advance.
They're still crybabies even if it's against the Harby hearing. Man up and accept the bloody punishment. They're esentially blackmailing the ICC into having the result of the hearing overturned by threatening to cancel the tour. I don't know how you can suggest they've done anything BUT throw their toys out of the pram.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ponting's behavior was quite childish in the press conference and unbecoming of a Test captain. But Kumble also acted the same way by making his grievances public. Shut up and do what you need to do behind closed doors.

awesam1981

Cricket Spectator
It was not only the Indian writers working themselves into a lather over the result, in an admirably balanced piece in the Sydney Morning Herald Peter Roebuck concluded that: "India have been dudded. No one with the slightest enthusiasm for cricket will take the least satisfaction from the victory secured by the local team ... It was a match that will have been relished only by rabid nationalists and others for whom victory and vengeance are the sole reasons for playing sport. Truth to tell, the last day was as bad as the first. It was a rotten contest that singularly failed to elevate the spirit."

Agent TBY

International Captain
They're still crybabies even if it's against the Harby hearing. Man up and accept the bloody punishment. They're esentially blackmailing the ICC into having the result of the hearing overturned by threatening to cancel the tour. I don't know how you can suggest they've done anything BUT throw their toys out of the pram.
Based on what exactly?

burr

State Vice-Captain
Calling for his sacking is extreme and just the case of Roebuck wanting to be heard above everyone else while cricket is on the front pages, but as I said earlier, Ponting needs to clean his act up, especially the way he handled the press conference. I would like to see him calming down on the field as well, the times when he looks like he's about to blow up are pretty ugly tbh.

yep. I think Ponting's tactical captaincy has improved a lot and there are times when I love his terrier spirit. But too often he lets himself down by just lacking grace in his actions. For example I didn't see him applaud Tendulkar when he got his ton - I may be wrong, but if not, that's really disappointing. One of the best moments of the match was that young Indian bowler seeking out Symonds to congratulate him at the end of play - despite the missed edge off his bowling. And the way Ponting carried on after the win - I get you'd be thrilled but given the slightly tarnished nature of events a little restraint would have been nice. And when he started screaming about Grieg on live national tv, well that was just ugly.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Maybe because they believe he didn't say it and the Aussies are unfairly targeting them? You really need to try to see the perspectives from both sides SST. I disagree with sacking of the tour, and acting the way they do as well, but you need to try get yourself out of a warped field of view.

In any case, I agree the Indians are forward in this in the most immature manner possible. If you think the hearing was unfair, spell out your reasons why, and present them to the ICC meeting. And then you can make changes going forward. There is no reason for this type of reaction - what exactly are they trying to accomplish? How do they see the end game here? OK, they can cancel the tour - but then what? It means nothing, and the best way to move forward is to fix any problems they may have with the current system.

I was rallying against the umpiring decision as much as anyone, but this is going way over the top. It's not the end of the world. Yes, they cost you a match but you should do what you want at the ICC and push for changes in the way Tests are umpired instead of throwing a hissy fit as they are now. This is getting to be ridiculous. If BCCI do not push with everything they have and get immediate and significant changes in umpiring (in terms of referrels, technology, increase in elite umpires, whatever), then they have no right to complain and should just shut up.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Maybe because they believe he didn't say it and the Aussies are unfairly targeting them? You really need to try to see the perspectives from both sides SST. I disagree with sacking of the tour, and acting the way they do as well, but you need to try get yourself out of a warped field of view.

In any case, I agree the Indians are forward in this in the most immature manner possible. If you think the hearing was unfair, spell out your reasons why, and present them to the ICC meeting. And then you can make changes going forward. There is no reason for this type of reaction - what exactly are they trying to accomplish? How do they see the end game here? OK, they can cancel the tour - but then what? It means nothing, and the best way to move forward is to fix any problems they may have with the current system.

I was rallying against the umpiring decision as much as anyone, but this is going way over the top. It's not the end of the world. Yes, they cost you a match but you should do what you want at the ICC and push for changes in the way Tests are umpired instead of throwing a hissy fit as they are now. This is getting to be ridiculous. If BCCI do not push with everything they have and get immediate and significant changes in umpiring (in terms of referrels, technology, increase in elite umpires, whatever), then they have no right to complain and should just shut up.

Bingo. The man has shown little ability to empathise.

sideshowtim

Banned

Use logic mate. Why would the Aussies make up a charge of racism? That's pretty bloody serious stuff. If Harby didn't say anything untoward to Symonds, why on Earth would be he so damn apologetic towards him on the field? And if it was only minor, why would Symonds just not accept the apology? It seems the Indians are doing anything to get out of this charge and it's ridiculous. I just see absolutely no reason why the Australians would make up a fake charge against Harby...

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Use logic mate. Why would the Aussies make up a charge of racism? That's pretty bloody serious stuff.
I don't know, either the Australians are lying or Tendulkar is. To me, either one is possible. If Proctor had other proof, such as from the umpires, then its fair enough and I wouldn't mind it one bit.

sideshowtim

Banned
I don't know, either the Australians are lying or Tendulkar is. To me, either one is possible. If Proctor had other proof, such as from the umpires, then its fair enough and I wouldn't mind it one bit.
Of course Tendulkar is going to support his team mate. What do you think he'd do? Go on the Aussies side for this one? No way. The BCCI would've told Sachin exactly what to say.

Once again, if someone can give me a rational reason as to why the Aussies would make up a racism charge against a player, I'm all ears.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Many Indian posters have done the same. I would venture to say many more Indians have done that than Australians.
Yep true. But tim seems like the type of guy who could do it but chooses not to. Some of the indian trolls are beyond help.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Of course Tendulkar is going to support his team mate. What do you think he'd do? Go on the Aussies side for this one? No way. The BCCI would've told Sachin exactly what to say.

Once again, if someone can give me a rational reason as to why the Aussies would make up a racism charge against a player, I'm all ears.
So you find it possible that BCCI told Sachin to lie, but cannot fathom that the Aussies would have done the same?

Bracken

U19 Debutant
There is a third option. Perhaps it was said while Tendulkar was out of earshot, while the three Australians were present?

sideshowtim

Banned
So you find it possible that BCCI told Sachin to lie, but cannot fathom that the Aussies would have done the same?
There are many reasons why the BCCI would've told Sachin to lie:

* To keep a player available for selection in Harbajhan
* To try and prove that they aren't a racist organisation and their players aren't racist
* To keep their own integrity and the respect of other nations

Now what reasons would Australia have to lie and accuse Harby of racism? None as far as I can see.