• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rogers has made a few runs of late, but noone comes close to matching the form of Katich. As Matt said though, Haydos will probs play, he's been "in doubt" numerous times before iirc and played. Another big question if he doesn't play is who fields at 1st slip?

Freddie_Fittler

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Rogers has made a few runs of late, but noone comes close to matching the form of Katich. As Matt said though, Haydos will probs play, he's been "in doubt" numerous times before iirc and played. Another big question if he doesn't play is who fields at 1st slip?
Gilly is just so gun we don't need one.:laugh:

Johnners

He is a consistent player who won't be anything special or disappoint most of the time. I think Hayden will play.
He hasn't been a consistent FC player over the last few seasons though. His OD form should count for jack, especially considering the form of Katich, and Rogers (not so much this season, due to injury, but the season just past).

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
They seriously can't consider Katich. He is not a big performer at national level and besides, the selectors should make room for the youngsters.

Freddie_Fittler

He hasn't been a consistent FC player over the last few seasons though. His OD form should count for jack, especially considering the form of Katich, and Rogers (not so much this season, due to injury, but the season just past).
I would also prefer Katich and Hayden over Elliot, I was just throwing his name in the mix.

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
The 1st slip thing is a concern. I think Ponting is the best choice, maybe Hussey? Clarke can be decent, but he's too useful patrolling the infield. Ponting, by comparison, is still a superb catcher, but has slowed across the ground that fraction.

The slips cordon sure has declined since the days of Taylor, Mark Waugh, Shane Warne and Steve Waugh at gully all lined up together.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Ponting at first, Clarke at second, Hussey at 3rd, IMO. I think Rogers may be a slip fielder of sorts as well but I'm not 100% sure of that.

Johnners

They seriously can't consider Katich. He is not a big performer at national level and besides, the selectors should make room for the youngsters.
Why pick someone younger though, when noone comes close to the immense form Katich is in? He's a far better batsmen now, then when he was in '05 (when he was dropped), and is clearly the best batsmen in the Pura Cup atm by some margin.

Freddie_Fittler

Why pick someone younger though, when noone comes close to the immense form Katich is in? He's a far better batsmen now, then when he was in '05 (when he was dropped), and is clearly the best batsmen in the Pura Cup atm by some margin.
ZOMG, you didn't just say the "F" word in front of EWS?

gwo

U19 Debutant
I said 9 or 10 blatant ones which even kid can tell.
He gave sachin out in his 100th test without even razzaq appealing:laugh: .
Last time we toured here ganguly in his report gave him zero points and a damning description..
If i counted all wrong ones then we are talking about atleast easily over 200 dismissals.

If you can count 200 wrong dismissals by Bucknor and India, (list all of them out...) I will give you some credit for what you are saying. Otherwise stfu and post facts.

http://stats.cricinfo.com/statsguru...1;opposition=6;template=results;type=official

have fun.