• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
They do though. If they'd batted well enough they would've held on for 70 overs. They didn't. They weren't good enough not to lose 10 wickets in 70 overs.
Similarly I could say the Australians had Bucknor, Benson and Bruce to thank for putting themselves in a position where they could bowl them out.

But that'd be totally unreasonable of me right?

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
HB - examples on the bump ball issue please? There's the one he himself took, which half the people here think was a legit catch (but fair enough the umpire didn't give it out), and the Clarke one off Ganguly, which both Clarke and Ponting believed got to him on the full. I would have been annoyed if I was Ponting, because I think he actually took that catch fairly.

The standing when you know you've knicked an edge is a more serious issue IMO.
not really... didn't Clarke put the ball down when not in complete control while rolling over that catch????????

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I think that it is a bit rich expecting Kumble to be happy and gracious an hour after the end of such a debilitating and emotional match. The guy was obviously doing his level best to keep a lid on things, but he was clearly seething. I don't disagree that he probably phrased things in a way that he wouldn't in a better mood, but I think he did a pretty good job, all things considered.

Ponting's situation was similar. The first question was nothing untoward, but the follow up questions were certainly a bit beyond journalism, and went headlong into editorialising about the journalist's views on Ponting's integrity. Ponting certainly had cause to be annoyed.
Completely agree with Bracken.

sideshowtim

Banned
Similarly I could say the Australians had Bucknor, Benson and Bruce to thank for putting themselves in a position where they could bowl them out.

But that'd be totally unreasonable of me right?
Of course. Because one is fact and the other is mere guesswork.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Looked in that thread.

No quote anywhere!

Show me the proof!
Firstly, well done on missing my immature Simpsons joke.

Secondly, how about you show us some proof that it was said? I've already given the title of a book for you to look at. Although, it's not a picture book, so you might get bored five pages in....

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Well, India lost the match by 122 runs and Symonds was given 132 extra runs due to the umpires.

Therefore India win by 10 runs.

Well done lads. Top effort. :laugh:

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Yeah, for a split second whilst he had it wrapped in his hand. It was that quick I wouldn't be surprised if Clarke didn't even know he'd done it.
not sure how u can't feel the ball touching the grass when it is in your hand...

Look, I hate this bump ball issue more than anything in cricket. If you guys care to look up, you will see that I have admonished Dhoni more than anyone else for this same thing... AS a keeper myself, although at a very low level, I think it is easy enough to notice when the ball has bounced before it reached you or when u have grassed it when rolling over etc....

Bracken

U19 Debutant
And yes, you DON'T shake hands of people who are supposed to be neutral and who haven't been...
They weren't neutral? You honestly think that the two "elite" ICC umpires went out onto the field beforehand and said, "yeah, let's go out of our way to completely f-over the Indians so Australia win." Really?

There is a massive, MASSIVE difference between bad performance and corruption. If an umpire is corrupt, then by all means don't shake his hand. If he just had a bad (even horrendous, if you don't think that "bad" is strong enough) game, then to not shake his hand is poor form.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
I honestly reckon I would have pressed the ball against the ground heaps of times without realising after taking a catch - never really thought anything of it until yesterday.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
To be honest, these sort of comments are completely inappropriate and utter tripe. Accusing the umpires of cheating or being in collusion with Australia, as well as being a ridiculous idea, can also get this forum in trouble with defamation type court cases, there is history in Australia of that already.

Anyone who wishes to accuse the umpires of cheating, can expect to find it very hard to post for the next few days.
Reiterated.

Stu274

Cricket Spectator
Using honestbharani's logic the Indian players would rarely need to shake anyones hand they play so badly rofl....

They weren't neutral? You honestly think that the two "elite" ICC umpires went out onto the field beforehand and said, "yeah, let's go out of our way to completely f-over the Indians so Australia win." Really?

There is a massive, MASSIVE difference between bad performance and corruption. If an umpire is corrupt, then by all means don't shake his hand. If he just had a bad (even horrendous, if you don't think that "bad" is strong enough) game, then to not shake his hand is poor form.

Andrew Pollock

School Boy/Girl Captain
Firstly, well done on missing my immature Simpsons joke.

Secondly, how about you show us some proof that it was said? I've already given the title of a book for you to look at. Although, it's not a picture book, so you might get bored five pages in....
I did get it Ralph, and no you can not be my Valentine!:@

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I honestly reckon I would have pressed the ball against the ground heaps of times without realising after taking a catch - never really thought anything of it until yesterday.
Really? Where do you field, I doubt I've ever done it.

Craig

World Traveller
Can't believe I've spend nearly an hour reading this thread. This is usually why I say away from threads like this inn CC when they get so out of hand.

For my 5 Latvian Lats on the matter, this has been a massive OTT reaction by the BCCI. Perhaps Harby will think about what he might say in the future and if Hogg. If the tour was cancelled I think they will have no credibilty, well ever and would rank in the lows of the game.

Use it as fuel for Perth, not as fuel for a 747 jumbo jet back to either Delhi or Mumbai. And burning effigies, give me a bloody break!

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Anywhere, just diving and pushing myself up. Maybe not in matches, just in practice and stuff, I'm not sure. It just doesn't seem like all that foreign a movement.
Oh yeah. I'm sure I've done it at training, but never in a game.

The whole Ponting appeal has gone way over the top. Umpire gave it not out, I didn't think of it as an issue until Channel 9 kept showing replay after replay.