• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

tooextracool

International Coach
Why not Hayden or Symonds?

They've been quite happy to smack him around
Hayden and Symonds are fairly decent players of spin. Point is a player whos been hyped up as being the next best to bradman in his homeland has been made to look like an absolute Novice. I dont think he quite likes it, nor I am sure did he take too kindly to Harbhajans celebrations when he last got his wicket.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
And Symonds has absolutely no grudge against him? These two apparently had an alteraction all the way back in the ODI series in India, you dont think theres no bad blood still sprewing?
Let me ask you a question: in the test match in Perth, if a similar situation arises between say Ponting and Yuvraj, an altercation results on the field, do you honestly think Kumble, Ganguly, Harbhajan(if he plays), Yuvraj and Dhoni for example will have any hesitation in testifying that Ponting called Yuvraj a derogatory/racist term? I have no doubt that they wont.
So you're saying that they condone racism?

pup11

International Coach
think about this for a second. That was 4 bad decisions made over the course of the series(although there were more). There were far more bad decisions made in this test match ALONE.
Umpiring was shocking to the say very least and anybody who denies or argues to that has no clue what he is talking about, but we have bigger issues now with India possibly pulling the plug and seriously i don't want that to happen.

tooextracool

International Coach
I was using these as points of example, not giving them as a comprehensive list.

Noone is debating that the quality of umpiring was poor in this test. I am merely saying that there is a time and a place for complaining about the umpiring, and that in the end, India blew their chances by bowling poorly and batting poorly in the second innings.

No, they can feel aggreived, as I'm certain Martyn was after being dealt with poorly over the course of a five test series in 2005. I am just stating that in the end, India have noone but themselves to blame for not getting the draw. Similarly to how Strauss could feel wronged at being given out incorrectly on the final day at Adelaide last year, but in the end it was England who were not good enough to play out the draw.
Australia are the better team, I dont doubt that. But this test has been a farce because of the bad umpiring that has ensued. A test like this was always going to happen at some point because people continually dismiss technology for reasons such as ' they even out over the course of the series'. Bottomline is that that is all fairytale bull****. There is no conclusive evidence to suggest that if the decision had been given against Symonds early on in his innings that Australia would not have lost this match. I have nothing against Umpires Benson and Bucknor, they are human and they had a bad test just like Ponting. I do have a problem with people not using technology despite the fact that it is readily available. We are at a point in cricket when being 90% correct is simply not good enough.

Slow Love™

International Captain
I can't believe two posters here have claimed they'd happily lodge a false complaint of being racially abused if it would be advantageous to themselves or their team.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Didn't Harbs put up his hand in apology after the confrontation? Suggests to me that he said something.

tendulkar

Cricket Spectator
i may be wrong but since the BCCI is appealing - i believe harbhajan is allowed to play until the appeal has been done

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
I really hope India call off this tour immediatly. I wanted AUS to win 4-0, but the way they played the 2nd test is really disappointing with all the excessive appealing( any other team would have got a fine for this) and claiming dropped catches in desperation to win the match and forgetting cricket is a gentleman's game. Not to mention Symonds tapping Bucknor :laugh: and now ban on Harbhajan. I hope unless Hogg gets the same ban, India call off this tour. And also try and get the ICC to take away this test win from Aus because clearly this is cheating at its best.

Unattainableguy

State 12th Man
I'm not sure ban on Hogg will make any difference as he is unlikely to play in the next games anyway. India should have picked someone like Lee or S Clark for this.