• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Ok all the guys who are blasting Bucknor and saying how he has such an Australian bias, then correct if i am wrong isn't he the same idiot who made Australia bowl virtually in pitch black darkness (or told them to comeback on the reserve day to complete the overs) in the world cup final when Australia had won the game on D/L.
This clearly shows that the man is just not good enough to stand as an umpire in international games, and obviously Symonds was patting his back because he virtually has helped Symonds in cementing a place in the test-side, with all the diabolical decisions he made.
He does not have autralian bias,but he is biased against india.
There have been countless examples of this.
Last time ganguly gave him a damning report and 0 points while in sachin's 100th test he gave him out without even razzaq appealing and once he teased dravid by smelling the ball as he entered the pich .
He also refused to refer jonty rhodes dismissal to third umpire when he was clearly out.
and there have been many more,he is always friendly with opposition but with india his outffield behaviour has been bad too.
Now he has just crossed the limit.The thing with these decisions is that he has not given ffity fifty decisions against india but absolute blatant boy which a ten year old boy can tell about.

Majin

International Debutant
Haven't seen the last days play, but so far from everything I've read I'm pretty much in agreement that every occurance that has upset people is basically down to some shockingly bad umpiring. Things not being referred, bad decisions, all of it comes down to the umpires, even if you think Aus shouldn't have been claiming catches or whatever, it still comes down to the umpires to notice and make the right decisions, which they apparently haven't done.

anyway, gutted from the point of an Indian fan 'cause felt we should have a least saved this test, but can't do anything about it now it's over, congrats to Australia on win #16.

tooextracool

International Coach
According to the news, Harbhajan has been banned for 3 tests. Not looking forward to the reaction to this in India if this is true.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Well played Aussies. Keep going! Again Indians were not able to save test match in the 4th inngs. Was a good decsion by Ponting on declaration... Predicts 4-0 to Aus

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
According to the news, Harbhajan has been banned for 3 tests. Not looking forward to the reaction to this in India if this is true.
Wow, big news. Lehmann got what, a two match ban? And ODIs at that. I suppose this is meant to have been on the field, and perhaps in earshot of the umpires, but it's still quite a harsh punishment unless there's more to the story than expected.

Does anyone remember if Lehmann made a public apology of any sort? Could be a mitigating factor.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Well played Aussies. Keep going! Again Indians were not able to save test match in the 4th inngs. Was a good decsion by Ponting on declaration... Predicts 4-0 to Aus
You forgot to mention benson and bucknor unless you include them as aussies.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Wow, big news. Lehmann got what, a two match ban? And ODIs at that. I suppose this is meant to have been on the field, and perhaps in earshot of the umpires, but it's still quite a harsh punishment unless there's more to the story than expected.

Does anyone remember if Lehmann made a public apology of any sort? Could be a mitigating factor.
Tour over unless now hogg gets the same ban.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Tour over unless now hogg gets the same ban.
Thanks for that relevant reply that answered my question.

Anyway, I don't think the tour will be called off. There's too much money to be lost, and the BCCI would be subject to fines and so on, I'd imagine.

tooextracool

International Coach
Meh according to whats going on on tv, they are talking about the possibility of abandoning the tour. Not sure at all how they managed to get conclusive proof of what was said on the field, but the outlook for the rest of this series is not looking good.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yes he has but bcci is appealing with lawyers and now there is objection to the fact that ponting was talking to proctor in the morning.
Proctor is supposed to be the judge and he was talking to the main prosecuto which is inappropiate.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Lehmann definitely made an apology. I'd like to see Pathan play in Perth.
That could a significant factor then, if Harbhajan refused to apologise or whatever. All speculation at this point anyway, haven't seen this anywhere online yet.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Thanks for that relevant reply that answered my question.

Anyway, I don't think the tour will be called off. There's too much money to be lost, and the BCCI would be subject to fines and so on, I'd imagine.
They can afford it and btw the icc has to go vote for fines and asian bloc and zimbabwe will back the bcci.
This might turn up as Asia verus the rest.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Meh according to whats going on on tv, they are talking about the possibility of abandoning the tour. Not sure at all how they managed to get conclusive proof of what was said on the field, but the outlook for the rest of this series is not looking good.
India feared of losing ? I suppose why they want the tour be boycotted! They can prove a point by winning the next matches! I think they do not have the fighting spirit in them..Indians making hell out of nothing