• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd actually take things a stage further.

The idea of taking a fielder's word for it is complete nonsense and should be abandoned forthwith.

I'm not doubting that Clarke and Ponting were utterly convinced that the catches were fair, but it's not their job to make judgements - that's for the umpires.
Which is exactly why i think it's quite strange, and stupid, that people are blaming Ponting if Benson did indeed ask if he was out. It's the umpires decision in the end. (personally, I don't think Benson asked Ponting, instead Ponting asked Benson, as burr mentioned earlier)

Random Hero

Cricket Spectator
Anyone knows what was the outcome of the meeting regarding Harbhajan-Symonds row?
Been looking for the results of the hearing myself, but I haven't been able to find anything so far. It hasn't been postponed again has it? Cause it's 1am in Sydney so I'd assume its over!

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Even though the Australians left it a wee bit late and were possibly a tad fortunate, India got what they deserved. Kumble effectively gave up the ghost in Australia’s second innings with his ultra defensive field placements and criminally slow over rate, they showed no positive intent and subsequently that manifested itself onto their batting performance.

If the wicket in Perth is anything like the one the New Zealanders played on in the recent 20/20, then it really could be tough for the Indians.

Laurrz

International Debutant
If the wicket in Perth is anything like the one the New Zealanders played on in the recent 20/20, then it really could be tough for the Indians.
oh i hope so

cant wait

Perth is always a good batting wicket...but i want BOUNCE...

sideshowtim

Banned
Okay, now this is ridiculous. Bastard is a word that gets said on the cricket field all the bloody time...I have no doubts that Aussies in the past have called Indian players bastards on countless occasions. If the Indians don't realise that there is a difference between calling someone a bastard and racially abusing them well...I LOL very heavily at them.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Funniest thing I've ever seen on a cricket field:

Symonds patting Bucknor on the back after the over in which he received Dravid's wicket on a plate.

Sums it up for me.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Okay, now this is ridiculous. Bastard is a word that gets said on the cricket field all the bloody time...I have no doubts that Aussies in the past have called Indian players bastards on countless occasions. If the Indians don't realise that there is a difference between calling someone a bastard and racially abusing them well...I LOL very heavily at them.
why dont they just accept it.... if not, (if harbhajan didnt say anything which i doubt) just say that he didnt say it and tahts that...they really wanna play fire with fire and prolly mad that Ponting did this even though he had every right...

sideshowtim

Banned
I wonder if we'll see a Ponting re-enactment of "Which one of you bastards called this bastard a bastard?"

Bastard is so inoffensive that it even gets through CW's strict filter!

Evermind

International Debutant
Time and again, Australia have failed to acknowledge cultural differences. "Bastard" and what that implies is a hugely insulting term for the Indians - this can't be stressed enough. Yet, they've been taking this sort of foul-mouthed **** from the Aussies for years. Just because it's been done for years doesn't mean it's ok. I think it's great that it's coming out now - perhaps it'll put an end to all the one-sided "chatter" on the field once and for all. It's rude and insulting, and shouldn't have any place on the field. It's not good when the Indians do it, and sure as hell isn't any better when the Australians do - and they've been doing it for years.

sideshowtim

Banned
Time and again, Australia have failed to acknowledge cultural differences. "Bastard" and what that implies is a hugely insulting term for the Indians - this can't be stressed enough. Yet, they've been taking this sort of foul-mouthed **** from the Aussies for years. Just because it's been done for years doesn't mean it's ok. I think it's great that it's coming out now - perhaps it'll put an end to all the one-sided "chatter" on the field once and for all. It's rude and insulting, and shouldn't have any place on the field. It's not good when the Indians do it, and sure as hell isn't any better when the Australians do - and they've been doing it for years.
Hahaha. Australia have failed to acknowledge the cultural differences? Indians keep on telling us that there are Monkey Gods in India and that in no way is monkey offensive, when it quite clearly is in Western nations.

Bastard is insulting to anyone who is called it. That's the point! But if you can't see a difference between calling someone a bastard and racially abusing them by likening them to a less than human monkey due to the colour of their skin...Dear lord.

My point with bastard being said all the time is, that if Indians were REALLY that deeply offended by it, it would've come out years and years ago and it wouldn't be allowed to be said to Indians anymore. It just seems to me they're trying to twist this around on Australia in any way possible...and if by saying Brad Hogg called them a bastard is the best they've got well...I wish them all the best as their case is set to fail big time.

Laurrz

International Debutant
My point with bastard being said all the time is, that if Indians were REALLY that deeply offended by it, it would've come out years and years ago and it wouldn't be allowed to be said to Indians anymore. It just seems to me they're trying to twist this around on Australia in any way possible...and if by saying Brad Hogg called them a bastard is the best they've got well...I wish them all the best as their case is set to fail big time.
yep totally agreed...it just seems so desperate ..and yea if this is the best they have than.. :mellow:

Evermind

International Debutant
My point with bastard being said all the time is, that if Indians were REALLY that deeply offended by it, it would've come out years and years ago and it wouldn't be allowed to be said to Indians anymore.
That's the whole bleedin' point, isn't it? India and other teams have been screaming hoarse about the sledging from the Aussies for years now. They have found it insulting, cause there's no "matey" culture in India where such things are taken lightly. Yet, the Australians say that "all that's said on the field should stay on it" and therefore try to smother all attempts to put an end to the rude banter. It may be a culturally acceptable thing to call someone a bastard on the field for whatever reasons in Australia - but it isn't in India. And you can't possibly push around your own cultural practices on the field and expect everyone to stick by them. That's not merely rude in the specific aspect of what is said but also incredibly inconsiderate looking at the bigger picture of cricket as a global sport. Indians don't understand "friendly jabs" and that sort of humour - it's not a part of their culture. It's incredibly disrespectful of the Aussies to impose it on them.

It just seems to me they're trying to twist this around on Australia in any way possible...and if by saying Brad Hogg called them a bastard is the best they've got well...I wish them all the best as their case is set to fail big time.
They're trying to claim "look, Harbhy is a silly guy who said something stupid but so do you Aussies all the time, and we're sick of it". I don't condone racism, but nothing wrong with that.