• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I was asking for acknowledgement that there were poor decisions both ways. That was obviously too much to ask.
Meh, if you can't acknowledge that it was India who were most severely handicapped by them and by some distance as well then I've got no hope for you.

duffer

I don't agree that just because you've had the rub of the green during the game, that you can't immediately react to an umpiring decision with frustration.
I sort of took that article as being a bit of a comment on how they "work" the umpires, even when everything has gone well in their favour beforehand.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
Howlers that went Australia's way in this farce of a Test Match.

The magic 9
- Ponting caught off Ganguly on 17 (later offset by an incorrect LBW, but added 34 more runs)
- Symonds caught behind off Ishant on 30
- Symonds stumped on 48
- Symonds LBW off Kumble near 100
- Symond stumped again on 148*(quite inexplicably not even referred to the 3rd umpire)
- Hussey plumb LBW to Kumble in his 20s
- Hussey caught behind to RP Singh in his 40s
- Dravid caught behind off Symonds
- Ganguly caught off a grassed ball

The deluded might deny it all they want, but like Kumble said, everybody knows why India lost this Test Match. And I'm glad BCCI(about ****ing time!) will be doing something about it.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
Where does he say this?
In an interview with a news channel.
Btw was just watching Ponting's PC and the journalist's were grilling him with all sorts of questions, Ricky said "don't question my integrity, i play hard but i play fair"!
He said "the umpires are their to make the decisions and whatever decisions they make, me and my team would accept it".

Son Of Coco

I don't agree that just because you've had the rub of the green during the game, that you can't immediately react to an umpiring decision with frustration.
Neither do I, as to not react in accordance with how you felt would make you not human really. Sometimes you say things, and assess the benefit of doing so later.

Andrew Pollock

School Boy/Girl Captain
In an interview with a news channel.
Btw was just watching Ponting's PC and the journalist's were grilling him with all sorts of questions, Ricky said "don't question my integrity, i play hard but i play fair"!
He said "the umpires are their to make the decisions and whatever decisions they make, me and my team would accept it".
Ponting is such a spoiled brat!

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I have to wonder if I'm missing something. There were plenty of poor umpiring decisions - but they went both ways. Let's not forget:

- Ponting was given out LBW off a huge edge.
- Lee was given out LBW when clearly hit outside the line of off.
- In the Indian 1st innings Laxman was plumb LBW off Lee when 12.
- In the same innings Tendulkar was almost as plumb LBW of Clarke when 36. (Laxman's was hitting middle and leg about 2/3rds up, whereas Tendulkar's was only hitting leg about 80% up.)

How would India have gone if Tendulkar and Laxman hadn't received their two reprieves?

I'm not saying that the umpiring was good, or even that it didn't affect the match, but let's get some perspective here, it went both ways.
If they give fifty bad decisions against India and fifty bad decisions against Australia does that make it good umpiring ?

Evermind

International Debutant
And I'm glad BCCI(about ****ing time!) will be doing something about it.
Instead of taking emotionally-fueled ad-hoc and nonsensical decisions, the BCCI would do better at ensuring the team has more practice games, that it runs a proper domestic tournament and feel a bit of shame at its desperate greed.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Instead of taking emotionally-fueled ad-hoc and nonsensical decisions, the BCCI would do better at ensuring the team has more practice games, that it runs a proper domestic tournament and feel a bit of shame at its desperate greed.
So any country that does not
  • ensure its team has enough practice games
  • does not run a proper domestic game
  • and has greedy board of control
is to be punished by letting Steve Bucknor lose on them, right ? And no right of appeal since its there own fault in the first place.

Logic. :thumbs_up

spoonz

Cricket Spectator
If they give fifty bad decisions against India and fifty bad decisions against Australia does that make it good umpiring ?
Absolutely not - the umpiring was poor, as it was in the first match. The Australians probably got the better of it, although I disagree with another post about the first stumping of Symonds and the catch by Clarke off Ganguly - I believe that those two decisions were correct (the first one was at the very least consistent as there was no clear shot for the third umpire showing that he was out).

I commented that not all of the poor decisions went against the Indians, and gave a few examples of shockers that went against the Australians - that was it.

duffer

None of those are relevant to the farcical nature of this match. Good on em for going on the fron foot on this occasion.

funnygirl

State Regular
BCCI should do their maximum .Atleast i would like them to get an explanation from Mr Bucknor why didn't he refer a close stumping shout to the 3rd umpire?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Absolutely not - the umpiring was poor, as it was in the first match. The Australians probably got the better of it, although I disagree with another post about the first stumping of Symonds and the catch by Clarke off Ganguly - I believe that those two decisions were correct (the first one was at the very least consistent as there was no clear shot for the third umpire showing that he was out).

I commented that not all of the poor decisions went against the Indians, and gave a few examples of shockers that went against the Australians - that was it.
Fair enough.:)

Andrew Pollock

School Boy/Girl Captain

MY NAME IS SPOONZ.
I AM A ONE-EYED AUSSIE

McKanga

School Boy/Girl Captain
Just heard BCCI vice-president Rajiv Shukla say that they are going to take every possible action to make sure the umpires are severely punished and the official status of this test of is taken away from it (can such a thing really happen)!
Would that be the impartial Canadian Rajiv Shukla of Irish background?