• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Agent TBY

International Captain
Great decision by Bucknor. Give him stick for the bad ones, but if you're gonna do that, praise him for the good ones. And that was a good decision.
Er, I was cursing Dhoni for getting out. Besides, I doubt I've said anything at all about the umpiring in this thread.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I really hope it's a draw. I don't think it would be particularly fair for Australians to win, but its cricket, these things happen.
This Test with so many controversies would be dead certain unfair result if Australia won...Just like the recent second Test in Kandy between England and SL where Harper earned the wrath of the Barmy Army and the Englishmen .....

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Five men around the bat, pressure on Kumble. Batted like a champ so far, can he see his team through to the draw?

Ospi

School Boy/Girl Captain
yep good decision.

Also find it sad how there is so much hate towards symonds for mistakes that the umpires made. yes they helped him bat longer and get more wickets but how is it his fault? He has every right to stand his ground in a close call whilst batting and if he is not given out then lucky him, not his fault, just poor umpiring on some accounts.

He is also a love or hate kind of person, but it's just those who want to see him fail because of decisions made this test match alone which annoy me.

/flame suit

JBH001

International Regular
yep good decision.

Also find it sad how there is so much hate towards symonds for mistakes that the umpires made. yes they helped him bat longer and get more wickets but how is it his fault? He has every right to stand his ground in a close call whilst batting and if he is not given out then lucky him, not his fault, just poor umpiring on some accounts.

He is also a love or hate kind of person, but it's just those who want to see him fail because of decisions made this test match alone which annoy me.

/flame suit
Agree with that. I dont understand the depth of anti-Symonds feeling on this board (especially by some Australians). I think he has done pretty well in the last year or so (and played two, yes two, good knocks in this test).

Last edited:

Trossa

Cricket Spectator
Main question now is whether Harbhajan can stop himself from making rash strokes. Although you could argue it's a good idea to play at the ball hard too.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Test cricket at it's finest. Not often I get to see this. Made a prediction to James about 4 hours ago about the score at stumps, looks good.

Perm on MSN said:
all my blood for the sweetness of her laughter... says:
220/8

Evermind

International Debutant
Agreed - Symonds is a top performer, and incompetent umpiring is not his fault. That said, he's appealing every damn ball right now, what's up with that?

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Great innings from Kumble this. They've thrown the kitchen sink at him and he's been pretty solid. I think it's time for Lee personally.