• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
If I had my way, Hogg and Johnson would both be out for the WACA test for Tait and Noffke - but that isn't going to happen.

I get the feeling Tait will come in for the next test.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If Kumble and Dhoni manage to play out time we may still get a great end to this test match :dry:

Dhoni fighting hard along with the battle scarred skipper. Another 7 deliveries and Kumble would have fended off more deliveries in this one innings than Yuvi has done in all four so far. This was a fabulous time for Yuvraj to show his mettle in a tight scrap for survival which is what top test players do well besides winning when the chance comes. Sad that he didn't.
But with Jaffer struggling too who's coming in? Do we throw both Sehwag and Karthick into the deep end?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I thought it was inconclusive but considering the very generous benefit of the doubt Roy got in the first innings he should've been not out. Ah well....
Oh yes. It was clearly inconclusive.

But the problem was going for the fielders word for it rather than making the decision himself - giving out or giving the benefit of the doubt- thats wht he is there for. If he thinks he needs any help he has the square leg umpire. If he cant help he can refer. If not and still inconclusive give the benefit of the doubt. There is a provision in the laws for the umpire to do that.

sideshowtim

Banned
In regards to the Ponting catch, Paul Harris did the same thing yesterday and got away with it...I thought the catch was perfectly fine. Never seen a problem with those catches. He clearly had control over it all the way down...what is he meant to do...twist his wrist all the way around or something?

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah, thats a fair comment I suppose.

Not that I have ever though much of Clarke (although he is a fine bat) as future captain of Australia. I dont blame him for taking the catch though - you take what you can get away with at this level, which is where good umpiring comes in. However, that said, there is no need to go on and on about fair play, its the hypocrisy that is really galling (and yes, Clarke's theatrics on his dismissal yesterday do indeed leave a sour taste in the mouth when coupled with this dodgy catch).

As to the posters, yes. IMO a certain number of Australian posters here are just as biased as a number of Indian posters, they merely do not get as worked up about the whole issue which is then reflected in their posts. This permits a veneer of moderation and reasonableness on the part of many of them. But if you look hard enough, you see it for the lie that it is.
I put that down to the rub of the green going largely in their favour. If it was the other way around this thread would be a sight.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
But with Jaffer struggling too who's coming in? Do we throw both Sehwag and Karthick into the deep end?
Only if both do well in the opening slot in the FC game otherwise one of them opens with Dravid.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah I'd keep Yuvraj, cuz there is no gaurantee Karthik will perform. Plus, I'm crossing my fingers, Yuvraj is getting familiar with the conditions and knows where he is going wrong, so he can hopefully pull things together for next match. But yes, I'd replace Sehwag for Jaffer.

EDIT: NVM forgot there's a tour match coming up, so depends on that really. But I'd like to see Sehwag in, no matter what.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Dhoni's kept his place in the side then, good to see a bit of a reargurard knock from him.
He would have kept his place even with poor batting imo. He done his job as a keeper very well. Would be too risky to try Karthik as a keeper in the middle of the series.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
Nah I'd keep Yuvraj, cuz there is no gaurantee Karthik will perform. Plus, I'm crossing my fingers, Yuvraj is getting familiar with the conditions and knows where he is going wrong, so he can hopefully pull things together for next match. But yes, I'd replace Sehwag for Jaffer.

EDIT: NVM forgot there's a tour match coming up, so depends on that really. But I'd like to see Sehwag in, no matter what.
Simple choice here Jaffer and Yuvraj will make way for Karthik and Sehwag and both will play for the opening slots in the future so that might be the turning point.

archie mac

International Coach
The one that Ponting was dragging along the ground, in the replays? No, even if it came off the gloves it was not taken.
You may have the wrong one, he turned an ran backwards and dived full lenght, I thought that a clean catch, not sure if he hit it mine

And on the Clarke one, it is very hard to tell on 2d, the reason they got rid of it

Evermind

International Debutant
I'm sure Sehwag could just go out there blindfolded, throw his bat at the ball for 3 overs going purely by sound, and still manage to overcome Jaffer's grand 4-innings haul of 22 runs.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Nah I'd keep Yuvraj, cuz there is no gaurantee Karthik will perform.
There's no guarantee anyone will perform - much less Sehwag. I'd be more confident if Karthik than Sehwag actually. Then again, I'd be more confident in Jaffer than both of them, regardless of his dire form, so I probably wouldn't change the team at all.

As you said re: Yuvraj, it takes a while to adjust to the conditions here. Jaffer and Yuvraj have at least had *some* sort of chance to do that in their limited time at the wicket, so they'll be more equipped than Sehwag and Karthik, not to mention the fact that I think they're better batsmen anyway.

No changes to the batting for mine, pending something out of the ordinary happening in the tour match.

jeevan

International 12th Man
In regards to the Ponting catch, Paul Harris did the same thing yesterday and got away with it...I thought the catch was perfectly fine. Never seen a problem with those catches. He clearly had control over it all the way down...what is he meant to do...twist his wrist all the way around or something?
If he wanted to claim the catch as out, yes.