• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

James

Cricket Web Owner
wow these indians on this forum are sure being racist
Only a couple who have been banned by the moderators.

Most of the Indian members have exactly the same concerns as the Australian members and are putting their views across properly without resorting to abuse and thumbs up to them.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Hogg 9-1-36-0. As I said earlier, I don't see him playing in Perth.
I think he'll play anyway. I'm not entirely convinced he should play, but he's bowled better than I thought he would and added something with the bat as well. Symonds looking more dangerous than him in this innings won't have done him any favours but I think the selectors will like what he offers.

I actually think Johnson is bowling for his place in this spell, though. Unless he does something special here, I think Tait has leapfrogged him.

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh, please. Its not St Ponting now, is it?

He did not call him back, he merely did not claim a catch which replays showed he did not catch. That is all. Good on him for doing so, although the cynic in me thinks that he was just simply clever enough not to take a catch which was conclusively not a catch.

(however, that said, I do think Ponting is a cheat. At least not moreso than usually found by top players at this level of the game. But he certainly is not some sort of sportsman not by a long shot)
Exactly, I think he was looking out for himself rather than being sporting in that instance.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Oh, please. Its not St Ponting now, is it?

He did not call him back, he merely did not claim a catch which replays showed he did not catch. That is all. Good on him for doing so, although the cynic in me thinks that he was just simply clever enough not to take a catch which was conclusively not a catch.

(however, that said, I do think Ponting is a cheat. At least not moreso than usually found by top players at this level of the game. But he certainly is not some sort of sportsman not by a long shot)
AWTA.

Ponting did not call Dravid back. Was seeing the match just as much as the guy who claimed he had. Just didnt jump up in appeal (unlike today).

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I think he'll play anyway. I'm not entirely convinced he should play, but he's bowled better than I thought he would and added something with the bat as well. Symonds looking more dangerous than him in this innings won't have done him any favours but I think the selectors will like what he offers.

I actually think Johnson is bowling for his place in this spell, though. Unless he does something special here, I think Tait has leapfrogged him.
Thought Hogg would bowl well, but apart from that, completely AWTA.

JBH001

International Regular
By the way, at the end of my post above, I had made a typo. I had mistakenly said Ponting was a cheat which was wrong, I dont think he is - that post has now been amended to reflect that. So no need to jump down my throat. Thanks.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

The key reason they wont select Hogg according to me is that the Indians have targetted Hogg in both these tests and fairly well as well. India fancy themselves against Clarke.

Trossa

Cricket Spectator
Hey, if you've left a superfluous letter in your username when you've signed up, I'm sure if you contact the site owner, James, he'll be happy to take it out for you.
Aww poor baby is getting upset over the cricket. Go have a sleep OK?

Evermind

International Debutant
the shocker with Clarke (Benson should not be accepting the word of the opposing captain on the final day, especially when there is no current consensus as to what occurs in this sort of scenario)

The ball was clearly grounded. Only the most extreme sort of bias would prevent a person from agreeing, and looking at this forum, it's apparently in abundant supply. :blink:

I thought only the Indian fans can't be objective, but apparently the Australian fans are about the same (though a lot less emotional and abusive). No way in hell can you not see Clarke putting the ball straight on the grass when he's trying to get up.

I've lost all respect for Clarke, after he stood around after getting out and then this matter. This is the future captain of Australia?

I vote for Hussey.

pasag

RTDAS

Depends if we win or draw I reckon. If we win they'd probably want to go in unchanged but if we draw someone will have to pay and Tait will certainly come in for Johnson. Hogg wont be dropped, simply because there's no one hot on his heels.

Btw love that shot of the batsmen in the metal asylum in the VB Warnie ad. Lol every time.