• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Craig

World Traveller
Yeah. India have been too defensive. Very poor. There was no chirp or encouragement from the fielders or keeper either on a day when they needed it so much. It has been so quiet. Dire stuff.
Well admittly I'm not a fast bowler, and somebody like Goughy or Corey know more then on the subject, but I hate seeing 7-2 or 8-1 off side fields, 6-3 FTW. At least the bowler can attack the stumps a bit more. Otherwise just letting batsmen take singles is criminal IMO. Give them nothing.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Well admittly I'm not a fast bowler, and somebody like Goughy or Corey know more then on the subject, but I hate seeing 7-2 or 8-1 off side fields, 6-3 FTW. At least the bowler can attack the stumps a bit more. Otherwise just letting batsmen take singles is criminal IMO. Give them nothing.
Yep, you are right. As Ian Chappell said right now, RP Singh should tell Anil Kumble "mate, if you want to set such fields, you go and ball".

pup11

International Coach
This doesn't make any sense what so ever, there is noway India can chase this target now and if they do, then well done to them!!

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
This doesn't make any sense what so ever, there is noway India can chase this target now and if they do, then well done to them!!
It's impossible. Ponting can go negative with bowling fielding and over rates if India get remotely close and come out with a draw anyway. I don't understand this at all.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah you'd walk when you're 300+ runs ahead won't you Symonds :p

Note, not criticising Symonds for not walking in the first innings, just having some fun.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Makes sure India can not possibily win. I hope it is a draw, would be fair.
It is nonsense according to me:

- It is hugely unlikely that India will win.

- If they give India too impossible a target, there is little chance India will even think of trying to chase it and lose a few wickets in the process.

- Given the chance of rain, a few overs might be lost as well and it is all the more impossible for India to win the game.

- Australia are 1-0 up and have all the chance of having an unbeatable lead in the series.

Last edited:

Craig

World Traveller
I being paranoid is something that is ingrained into the Australian captaincy since Kolkata in 2001.

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
The weather is not crash hot too, so its a good possibility that we will have alot of rain intervals, so Punter should just declare, no point delaying it.

pup11

International Coach
Ponting has seriously lost the plot someone go and tell him that this is last day, now i am sure Steve Waugh is doing voodo on Ponting! :dry: