• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I hope those that criticised India for their actions and defensive tactics in the third test vs. England and vs. Pakistan last year, will also criticise Australia here.

The exact same thing, protecting a series lead. In fact, Australia can be seen to be even more defensive considering that they have the opportunity to equal a record.

Craig

World Traveller
Perm must be heart broken :p

Deadset both teams should some big fines for all of this time wasting. Same for the umpires for being so spineless.

Brad Hogg out and still batting it seems.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Well whats the record for most matches w/o a loss?
Looks like thats all we can go for now.

EDIT: its 27 by the West Indies, so thats fairly far away,

2nd EDIT: were on 21* wins w/o defeat so its a possibility this year.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Haha, fairly it has been a farcical end to a farcical test. There has been a lot of good cricket played but if both teams so much love their draws, they should just shake hands, agree for a draw and go home.

Sideshowtim... will you criticise Ponting for this or do you think he is right about this? Interested to know your views on the topic.

sideshowtim

Banned
Haha, fairly it has been a farcical end to a farcical test. There has been a lot of good cricket played but if both teams so much love their draws, they should just shake hands, agree for a draw and go home.

Sideshowtim... will you criticise Ponting for this or do you think he is right about this? Interested to know your views on the topic.
I dunno...I think he shoulda declared an over or two again now...but I can understand him wanting to rule out the possibility of an Indian win when we're 1-0 up in a 4 game series. I think we've now done that, and the two results possible are Australian win and draw...We bowled the Indians out twice in around 70 overs in Melbourne so...it can be done.

Ah, we've declared. Good stuff.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jono said:
1438820The exact same thing, protecting a series lead. In fact, Australia can be seen to be even more defensive considering that they have the opportunity to equal a record.
Yeah. India had no onus to win the third test v Pakistan and every thing to lose if Pakistan made the runs, little as the chance was. I supported India ensuring a draw there as it meant we won the series but it makes no sense according to me here.

sideshowtim

Banned
Yeah. India had no onus to win the third test v Pakistan and every thing to lose if Pakistan made the runs, little as the chance was. I supported India ensuring a draw there as it meant we won the series but it makes no sense according to me here.
We're 1-0 up. Why would we risk going 1-1 into the third Test? We've still given ourselves a decent opportunity to win. If the Indians play defensively we know what can happen (see England at Adelaide).

pup11

International Coach
They are all playing wild shots and they are giving an impression they are going for quick runs, but the ****ing declaration is nowhere to be seen.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
We're 1-0 up. Why would we risk going 1-1 into the third Test? We've still given ourselves a decent opportunity to win. If the Indians play defensively we know what can happen (see England at Adelaide).
There is onus to be 2-0 up, if it is 1-1, you can always come back later. There is almost no chance of India winning it after Australia made 300. Read the points I mentioned earlier as well.

Speersy

U19 Cricketer
Anybody think that Yuvraj is going to be playing for his spot in this innings.

I saw a sign in the crowd calling for Dhoni and Yuvraj to open, that wouldn't be too bad as in the worst case scenario they would both get out early which they have been doing thus far down the order anyway.:)

sideshowtim

Banned
There is onus to be 2-0 up, if it is 1-1, you can always come back later. There is almost no chance of India winning it after Australia made 300. Read the points I mentioned earlier as well.
There is still a chance we can win it though. Now. So...I don't see much wrong with this declaration. He has assured we can't lose (barring a miracle) and yet still have a chance of victory if we bowl extremely well and the Indians choke a bit under the pressure. Don't see a whole lot wrong with it at this point in the series IMO.