• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

pup11

International Coach
Yuvraj is most certainly wearing a brace - he is definitely injured. You could see it when he dived. Wow, the Indian team management is just idiotic. Dravid moved around for an injured batsman....
Mate in case you didn't knew Yuvraj always wears that knee-brace since the day he had that knee injury, so i wouldn't read too much into that.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Thing is with Sreesanth is that he has that spark which means he could perform brilliantly and take 6 wickets. Playing him would be a gamble, but thats for the Indian Selectors to decide.
Yes, obviously it is for the Indian management to decide. However, can you remember what happened to Sri Lanka earlier this season? They were bowling well with Maharoof bowling economically. Once Fernando came and started bowling the lose deliveries, all the pressure was off. Sreesanth is not as bad as Fernando but has the poor ball syndrome as well. Against a side not as good as Australia, you can carry such a bowler who can give you some possible wicket taking balls. Against Australia you can't. They will then wait for the poorer bowlers to come on and milk their runs against then and wont be forced to play more attacking than they like against the more disciplined bowlers and it will be harmful more than useful according to me.

pup11

International Coach
Aussies need to pick-up the tempo of innings, they can't waste time by picking these 1's and 2's, its surely time for some big shots.

Goughy

Hall of Fame Member
Filthy bowling by Singh, but given no option with the field.

Ball pitched up wide outside off to allow Symonds to free his arms. Poor cricket

pup11

International Coach
If i were Ponting i would declare now, i think there are enough runs on the board now to have a crack at the Indians.

Craig

World Traveller
Honestly Anil Kumble is bit of a second rate captain and how quickly he is prepared to go on the defensive so quickly. IMO he is pretty much said to the Australians "I don't think I can get you out".

But what is Bill Lawry talking about? He mentions Australia's medium pacers, well last time I checked Brett Lee is fast, Johnson is fast medium and Stuart Clark is between medium fast and fast medium (more medium fast). The only person who is medium pace is Andrew Symonds. Yeah ok :blink:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
how quickly he is prepared to go on the defensive so quickly. IMO he is pretty much said to the Australians "I don't think I can get you out".
Yeah. India have been too defensive. Very poor. There was no chirp or encouragement from the fielders or keeper either on a day when they needed it so much. It has been so quiet. Dire stuff.

Last edited:

pup11

International Coach
He will probably get 300 and then declare.
Well i hope he just gets on with the damn thing ASAP, its not like the weather at Sydney is going to be great either, so i doubt we will see all the overs being bowled so Punter should have given himself the best possible chance i guess.

pup11

International Coach
But what is Bill Lawry talking about? He mentions Australia's medium pacers, well last time I checked Brett Lee is fast, Johnson is fast medium and Stuart Clark is between medium fast and fast medium (more medium fast). The only person who is medium pace is Andrew Symonds. Yeah ok :blink:
Lawry is just an old man who constantly has this urge of wanting to say something, no matter whether it makes sense or not! :p