• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Ospi

School Boy/Girl Captain
yep, if they want to win this they really need to make a big score and declare by the end of the day and bowl well tomorrow. If they continue as is they can only lose or draw imo.

eglezdzdiyd

School Boy/Girl Captain
yep, if they want to win this they really need to make a big score and declare by the end of the day and bowl well tomorrow. If they continue as is they can only lose or draw imo.
yeah. i reckon they need a heap of overs tomorrow.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Yeah you are right but by the looks of it i am pretty sure Ponting wants his team to make as many as possible tonight, so they aren't going to hold anything back and then Ponting might declare overnight, because we surely need atleast 90 overs to harbour any hopes of bowling India out.
Wont happen

Oz wont be far enough ahead tonight and there's no need to give India a chance anyway

As it stands, we're only 190 ahead with approx 100 overs left

Oz simply need to bat normally for the rest of the day and the first hour tomorrow before assessing the situation

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
tbh i fail to see how anyone can care. who gives a toss?
I found it a mockery of the "Spirit of Cricket" in which your lads seem so eager to tell us they uphold so wholeheartedly. Not exactly fussed he did it though.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
oh give me strength 8-)
You're right, its not that big a deal, but it was still seriously embarassing on his part. He'd smashed the cover off it. Its like hanging around when you've edged one to third slip.

pup11

International Coach
Can't believe bloody Clarke. India have played well, but this must also be the worst performance I've seen in many respects from Australia since the 05 Ashes - what the hell was Clarke thinking?

I thought Symonds was a bit lucky not to be the hattrick for Kumble, but the Hawkeye backed up Bucknor's judgement, so I guess that's a quite marginal one, as opposed to definitely being wrong.
Clarke's brain isn't working properly atm i guess, in the 1st innings he shouldered arms to straight ball and now he stood his ground for a straight forward catch, the guy just needs a break and the break between 2nd and 3rd test should be good enough for him to sort himself out.
Anyways i don't think Aussies are playing as badly as they did during the Ashes 05, but yeah they are nowhere near their best but the situations at Sydney suit Indian very well and they are just making most of it.

JustTool

State 12th Man
From the archives of www.smh.com -- sterling example of how Aussies can give it but CRY like BABIES when they get it back:

The fourth day proved most eventful. The West Indian vice-captain, 21-year-old Ramnaresh Sarwan, was steering his side towards a second-innings total of 417; one that would save them from the indignity of a 4-0 Test series whitewash.

At the other end, fast bowler Glenn McGrath was desperately trying to turn the game Australia's way. But having been belted for 21 runs in two overs, McGrath could contain himself no longer, and resorted to an unoriginal, homophobic-themed sledge, with Sarwan replying with an equally cliched retort relating to his rival's wife.

McGrath to Sarwan: "What does Brian Lara's ---- taste like?"

Sarwan replied: "I don't know, ask your wife."

McGrath began to walk away before turning back and heading to within a foot of Sarwan, screaming: "If you ever f------ mention my wife again, I'll f------ rip your f------ throat out."

McGrath complained to umpire David Shepherd that Sarwan had referred to his wife Jane

Agent TBY

International Captain
From the archives of www.smh.com -- sterling example of how Aussies can give it but CRY like BABIES when they get it back:

The fourth day proved most eventful. The West Indian vice-captain, 21-year-old Ramnaresh Sarwan, was steering his side towards a second-innings total of 417; one that would save them from the indignity of a 4-0 Test series whitewash.

At the other end, fast bowler Glenn McGrath was desperately trying to turn the game Australia's way. But having been belted for 21 runs in two overs, McGrath could contain himself no longer, and resorted to an unoriginal, homophobic-themed sledge, with Sarwan replying with an equally cliched retort relating to his rival's wife.

McGrath to Sarwan: "What does Brian Lara's ---- taste like?"

Sarwan replied: "I don't know, ask your wife."

McGrath began to walk away before turning back and heading to within a foot of Sarwan, screaming: "If you ever f------ mention my wife again, I'll f------ rip your f------ throat out."

McGrath complained to umpire David Shepherd that Sarwan had referred to his wife Jane
I don't see McGrath referring to Sarwan's family there.

You're an idiot. Go away.