• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Judging by Kumble's field placings, I'd say India are waiting for Australia to declare. They don't believe they can take all of Australia's wickets so are just trying to minimise runs before a possible declaration.
Well, we've seen what happens most times they do get an edge. Can't blame him.

sideshowtim

Banned
There's no real reason to believe wickets are gonna go down either with an attacking field. This pitch is still a batting beauty and while India has bowled fairly well today, they've had no luck. Now these 2 batsmen are set and are looking to pick it up. Might as well start thinking abt containment. Right decision by Kumble to spread the field.
I agree, I'm not so sure it's a bad idea. This way it puts the pressure on Ponting to really think about a declaration.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
It's gonna be tough to pick the right time to declare...If you declare with a lead of only 250-275 with 90 overs to go...India have plenty of time to chase that down without a whole load of pressure.
Depends on the weather and if Australia can bowl India out in less than 90 overs.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
I would say declare with a lead of 400 with about 75 overs to go. Put pressure on the Indians and make them rush their batting, make them vulnerable.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Give them a target they think they chase. They're 1-0 down, and with an Aussie win here then there's no chance of India winning the series.

HAYDEN DISMISSED!!

duffer

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Give them a target they think they chase. They're 1-0 down, and with an Aussie win here then there's no chance of India winning the series.

HAYDEN DISMISSED!!
They won't think they can get 400 in 75 overs. All you'd be doing is setting up a draw. Not enough demons in that pitch to bowl a good lineup out in 75 overs.

Yes, Anil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!