• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

archie mac

International Coach
Australians are whinging like goody two shoes little school boys, embarrassed to be an Aussie today:@

Play some cricket win the game, and behave like grown men, "sir he called me a name"8-)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Indians not making the Australian batsmen play enough. Ishant and even RP at times have been disappointing bowling it a lot wider than necessary. New ball wasted so far.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Scary dark clouds. :( Had already rained once in the morning (though that didn't effect the play) but it might rain today, particularly in the latter half according to forecasts.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Last delivery - 142. For a 19 year old, that is bloody good. Have been so impressed with Ishant in this game. Can be a useful bowler for India for many years if he can bowl so well at this age.

skipper

School Boy/Girl Captain
Hi Guys,
India have gained a 69-runs lead in the 1st innings of the 2nd test match and the match has reached a crucial stage with 2 days to go, so what do you think, who will win this match?

A. India
B. Australia
C. Draw

I think it would be a DRAW
Cheers
Post day 1, I said it is a draw. Let's see.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
- Sharma bowling a much better line now. However, nothing in this pitch for the pacers as we had seen even yesterday.

- Australia has been fairly cautious too, it must be said. One Hayden stroke went up in the air around 12-15 feet short of Harbhajan Singh and the Australians are not hitting the ball as well as they would like. It is that kind of pitch where you need to grit it out in the middle and get an idea of how the ball is coming before playing attacking.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
- When was the last time Australia batted at 2.05 runs an over after so many overs.

- LOL at Hayden trying to sweep the ball which was way wide of offstump.

Agh rain falling hard now.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
When was the last time Australia batted at 2.05 runs an over after so many overs.

LOL at Hayden trying to sweep the ball wide of offside.
What was the funniest was RP Singh and Sachin just cracking up in laughter at the shot.

Laurrz

International Debutant
- Sharma bowling a much better line now. However, nothing in this pitch for the pacers as we had seen even yesterday.

- Australia has been fairly cautious too, it must be said. One Hayden stroke went up in the air around 12-15 feet short of Harbhajan Singh and the Australians are not hitting the ball as well as they would like. It is that kind of pitch where you need to grit it out in the middle and get an idea of how the ball is coming before playing attacking.
its amazing how easy Tendulkar made it look

Matt79

Hall of Fame Member
Disagree. Australia can still win this test if they score 350 runs today, they have a 280 run lead. Then declare and see what happens, if they are game enough.
I can't see us bowling out India in less than a day on this SCG pitch - Laxman and Tendulkar (and Dravid and Ganguly) will be too hard to shift. Only chance for an Aussie win is that we crack on and score 400 by stumps and then hope we can tear through the Indian line up. It's certainly possible, but at this stage I think its the least likely result.

My prediction was 3-0 Australia, so I'm guessing this will be the predicted draw.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Only chance for an Aussie win is that we crack on and score 400 by stumps and then hope we can tear through the Indian line up. It's certainly possible, but at this stage I think its the least likely result.
400 is fairly impossible and I agree with you that it will either be India or a draw. Plus, India is setting innovative fields for their pacers and the pacers are actually bowling well for this pitch. Most importantly, the spinners will be the most dangerous to face on this pitch and they haven't yet bowled.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Good LBW shout by RP which was not out as it clearly hit outside the off stump. Next ball, Jaques smashes it for a four.

Great test cricket and very nice to watch.