• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

JBH001

International Regular
Didnt get to watch the test cause I was at work, although I followed it at work online.

Managed to make it back in time for the little Master's 150.

Some of the comments against him are a little perplexing (its like he is expected to score hundreds and institute world peace and end global poverty while he is at it).

But there have been some interesting and accurate rebuttals so there is no need to go over all that again. Except that the very presence at the other end and confidence that SRT was showing in them would have encouraged the tail-enders to give everything they had (especially the youngsters Singh and Sharma) and that he is obviously not the batsman he was, but is now perhaps something almost as good.

The pitch still looks very good for batting though, and obviously Kumble and Harbhajan need to get the Aussies out for sub 300, ideally before the close of play tomorrow (otherwise IMO a draw still looks the most likely outcome).

Glad tomorrows Saturday though.

Get to settle on the couch and watch the highlights of 3rd days play and then the 4th day! :D

Last edited:

shankar

International Debutant
I hope Kumble thinks carefully about the field placements and doesn't make the same mistakes as he did in the first innings. This sort of area is where not having a proper coach hurts.

Majin

International Debutant
Pretty sick of the Indian "fans" constant bashing of Sachin, tbh. All through 2007 moaning he was past it and moaning because he wasn't converting, now against Aus he scores 154* and bats superbly with the tail to give us a total I wasn't even dreaming of when we were about 380/7 or whatever it was, and yet still there are a bunch of epic failures at life moaning because he didn't start trying to smash everything. ****s sake, disgrace to fans of Indian cricket, none of you deserve to be a part of anything Sachin achieves.

rant over, personally over the moon with the position we're in now and very interested to see how we get on bowling in the Aus 2nd dig. Going to be a great contest if Kumble and Harbhajan can bowl well.

funnygirl

State Regular
Pretty sick of the Indian "fans" constant bashing of Sachin, tbh. All through 2007 moaning he was past it and moaning because he wasn't converting, now against Aus he scores 154* and bats superbly with the tail to give us a total I wasn't even dreaming of when we were about 380/7 or whatever it was, and yet still there are a bunch of epic failures at life moaning because he didn't start trying to smash everything. ****s sake, disgrace to fans of Indian cricket, none of you deserve to be a part of anything Sachin achieves.

rant over, personally over the moon with the position we're in now and very interested to see how we get on bowling in the Aus 2nd dig. Going to be a great contest if Kumble and Harbhajan can bowl well.
I am one of his biggest fans probably in the whole world (i don't need to prove that to any one ) .However in this match when he tried to take a single in the very first ball of each over and exposing number 11 to Brett Lee ,i found very odd and angry .And he continued to do that . Thats all .

May be my comments were over the top .Apologies for that .

Laurrz

International Debutant
rain predicted next two days (for entire day for both days).. although weather reports not always right (said showers today.. tho mayb thats tonight)

Evermind

International Debutant
rain predicted next two days (for entire day for both days).. although weather reports not always right (said showers today.. tho mayb thats tonight)
That'd be dreadful, the worst outcome for this game. Any idea what're the chances looking at the weather now?

pup11

International Coach
Well Tendulkar bashing is one the favourite pass-times of so many cricket fans around the world, but TBH he is a legend criticising him now and again if he performs badly is ok but to constantly find some silly reason to bash such a great man is dire, i know every cricket fan need to be a Tendulkar fan but seriously if you are a genuine cricket lover you can't help but respect a legend like Tendulkar for what he has achieved.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Well Tendulkar bashing is one the favourite pass-times of so many cricket fans around the world, but TBH he is a legend criticising him now and again if he performs badly is ok but to constantly find some silly reason to bash such a great man is dire, i know every cricket fan need to be a Tendulkar fan but seriously if you are a genuine cricket lover you can't help but respect a legend like Tendulkar for what he has achieved.
he was almost unbowlable... fair enough the pitch was slow and quick outfield.. but he used the tail very very well i thought... he must've told them to play there shots with the field up..and it worked a treat..

pup11

International Coach
They had every right, if Australia's bowling was good enough they would of ended the partnerships of SRT-Harbhajan, as well as RP Singh's and Sharma's contributions.

It will test Australia and India and make the Test even more exciting. The tatics of Ponting and Kumble should be interesting. Will India rub through Australia or will Australia set up an interesting total like 250-280 (given it took something well over 100 years for Australia to see the record total for chasing in the 4th innings of 2/277)? Australia may well win easy, but at least is a lot better then Australia winning 380 runs or something from a neutral POV.

Lighten up pup, these things are good for cricket and Australia can't and won't get their own way.
Yeah i mentioned that i my post that had Ponting showed a bit of common-sense in his captaincy and if Johnson won't have been as pathetic as he was with the ball, then Australia could have dismissed Indians a lot earlier than they did.
Anyways at the end of the day you could say poetic justice was done, hadn't it been for the diabolical decision making from the umpires there was no way Australia could have made 463 runs in their first innings.
Btw the 16th consecutive test win now looks a bit improbable.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Incredible innings by Sachin today. Beautiful drives and timing and extremely good partnerships with the tail. Wouldn't have minded going again today if it wasn't for the money and sun. Hope it doesn't rain early on, only bit I'll be able to catch before work.

Has been an extremely enjoyable match so far and as much as it hurts to say, a lot better when I don't read through the thread.

pup11

International Coach
two years ago Smith set Australia 277 to win.... on day 5
Aussies chased it very easily ..only losing 2 wickets... in like two sessions lol!

the year before (Ashes) i believe the pitch was still good for batting on day 5

i dont think things are going to change.. nowadays pitches are so batting friendly even on day 5 in Aus..

have to be very wary... i still think Aussies need a 350 lead at the least to be safe here.... which means 420 in the 2nd innings..not easy!! *bites nails

that 60 run lead really hurts..imagine if Aussies got the 60 run lead.. i would say they are in the box seat in this match..
but a lot of what if's altogether... esp. after Aussies first innings too
This pitch is a lot different than the pitch you are talking about, this pitch is already showing signs of breaking up and i won't be suprised if inconsistent bounce starts to take place from tomorrow.
Tomorrow is going to be a very interesting day in terms of the tactics both teams use and if any team decides to go on the defensive then they could be in for some real trouble.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Tendulkar's innings was greeted with such a tremendous response that it often appeared he was the home batsman. "I am very happy with the way the crowd have supported us. Australians are known for that, they enjoy good cricket, they enjoy competitive cricket and it makes the players feel it's worthwhile to have the spectators to enjoy the game in the right spirit. They know and understand the game very well. It was truly a pleasure to be out there in the middle and get runs in front of the Australian crowd."

Was the SCG, where he now averages 326, his favourite ground? "It is one of my favourite grounds," he said. "I've enjoyed batting here and it has truly been a memorable one. Sometimes you walk on the field and it gives you good feelings. It is one of those grounds."
how can we not love you Sachin :)

Laurrz

International Debutant
This pitch is a lot different than the pitch you are talking about, this pitch is already showing signs of breaking up and i won't be suprised if inconsistent bounce starts to take place from tomorrow.
Tomorrow is going to be a very interesting day in terms of the tactics both teams use and if any team decides to go on the defensive then they could be in for some real trouble.
yea now that u mention it, you are probably right... ball was coming on really well in those previous SCG games ...here its a tad slow

pup11

International Coach
Incredible innings by Sachin today. Beautiful drives and timing and extremely good partnerships with the tail. Wouldn't have minded going again today if it wasn't for the money and sun. Hope it doesn't rain early on, only bit I'll be able to catch before work.

Has been an extremely enjoyable match so far and as much as it hurts to say, a lot better when I don't read through the thread.
AWTA. Anyways mate wanted to tell you saw the picture of your beach-ball today's newspaper Clarkey was carrying it, just thought you would like to know. :)

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely awesome from Tendulkar to carry India to a strong position with the help of the Tail...Now can Indian spinners come into play and secure India a win and end Australia's run in a fitting manner ?:)

alternative

Cricket Web Content Updater
It was an awesome day today at the Sachin's Cricket Ground, loved every bit of the game. Was disappointed earlier when my love got out, but then Sachin stepped up and upped the game which was equally brilliant. Loved the fact that Harbajan not just stuck around but gave it a good shot to gain some lead.

Very pleased that i got to watch Sachin's 38th Test century, it was my first century that i've ever seen by any Indian batsmen, so loved that.

Ganguly will gun it tomorrow imo, a wicket in the first session easily.

pup11

International Coach
Haha, which paper?
Its in today's Times of India sports page, some sort of a number is written over your ball 13 72 (rest is not visible) its blue and white.
I was reading through the sports page and suddenly say Clarkey's picture with the ball then i recalled you mentioning how Clarkey returned your ball yesterday.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Its in today's Times of India sports page, some sort of a number is written over your ball 13 72 (rest is not visible) its blue and white.
I was reading through the sports page and suddenly say Clarkey's picture with the ball then i recalled you mentioning how Clarkey returned your ball yesterday.
Pics??