• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Bichel looking gun in his pink shirt and very fresh. Love how he has been making the runs now and has become an all rounder of sorts.

***Y shot by Tendulkar btw. So ****ing gun.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Funny to see pup11 losing his rag, cussing and whatnot.

Tendulkar is just sublime to watch, he really is. Yet another outstanding piece of batsmanship against the best side in the world.

pup11

International Coach
Doing it against the Aussies is always more remarkable than the Aussies doing it.

Plus England were so woefully **** on day 5, it was embarassing to watch.
As a Aussie fan i cherish Australia's victory more but at the same time i give a lot of credit to India for their win at Adelaide.

Evermind

International Debutant
The pitch wont change drastically 5-10 overs here or there. However, getting bowlers having a go pumped up today and then again tomorrow is always good. The other approach would be to bat as long as possible and if 4 wickets or so were left, I could see the logic of trying to bat as long as possible, even through half-2/3 of tomorrow's first session. With 2 wickets left, it is not likely that they will last that much. So 50 is a fair lead imo given the added advantage of getting your bowlers a go today.

And what if Hayden and Jacques blast them to all parts of the ground? It'd be real silly to take such risks against Australia. Bat as much as possible now - you're gonna have to make these runs sooner and later, and later is obviously worse with the pitch behind badly.

LJMJ

U19 12th Man
What's up with Ponting's love affair with Mitchell Johnson? The guy has been very ordinary this entire series and hasn't looked close to taking a wicket in this innings. He should've been removed a good 1 hour ago.

pup11

International Coach
Funny to see pup11 losing his rag, cussing and whatnot.

Tendulkar is just sublime to watch, he really is. Yet another outstanding piece of batsmanship against the best side in the world.
Yeah mate i am starting to lose it now.... 16 in a row looks so improbable now, i am sure Steve Waugh is doing some sort of black-magic! :dry:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
And what if Hayden and Jacques blast them to all parts of the ground? It'd be real silly to take such risks against Australia. Bat as much as possible now - you're gonna have to make these runs sooner and later, and later is obviously worse with the pitch behind badly.
Yeah I think I agree with this.

These extra possible 20-30 runs will need to be made at some point. May as well make them now on day 3 with Sachin well set.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
later is obviously worse with the pitch behind badly.
Surely you want to declare early and not bat as much as you can if that is the logic.

And what if Hayden and Jacques blast them to all parts of the ground?
Would happen 5 overs early or later. Not much difference. Two gos at the batsmen, one today and one tomorrow is better imo.

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant

I agree with that....bat as long as possible. The onus will then be on Australia to try and set a target ( Aus don't do draws). That gives India the best chance of getting wickets IMO.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Haha I love Tony Greig.

Regarding the RP dismissal

"Very similar to the Andrew Symonds one, a big nick, straight to the keeper"

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Wicket gone. Fair lead of 38. 1 wicket to go. I am happy that we will get a bowl tonight and the bowlers get the chance to come in again tomorrow, all fresh again for another go.