• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
RP Singh is batting ahead of Ishant Sharma, that means Sharma is a bunny.
Haha yeah I said that to my dad about half an hour ago.

Dad: What's the nineteen year old's batting like?
Me: Well I don't know much about it at all, but he comes out behind RP Singh, we'll know he's awful.

And here's RP Singh.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Draw - 1.40
Australia - 4.00
India - 6.00
Pretty close between India and Australia then and rightly so. I was happy that Harbhajan was out too btw (re your post in the last page). India should get quick runs and try to get 8-10 overs in today aiming to take 2-3 quick wickets.

pup11

International Coach
Harbhajan may bat silly on occasion, but he's won or helped India win games before with his batting too. I'm thinking more with regards to ODIs though.

Good knock. Don't like that RP Singh is batting ahead of Ishant Sharma, that means Sharma is a bunny.
Hell we were possibly looking at a 100 run lead but now we are trailing just because we couldn't get rid of Harbhajan:pissed: , i hope we clean this tail quickly and start batting aggressively, i hope we can somehow replicate "Amazing Adelaide" in this test too. :renske:

Evermind

International Debutant
India have come down quite a bit haven't they from about an hour or so ago ?
I still can't see a Indian win here though.....
Yep. Only thing between a draw and Australian victory is gonna be Indian batting in the second innings. If they manage to hold off the bowlers - and I don't see why they shouldn't manage to - it's headed for a definite draw.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Draw - 1.40
Australia - 4.00
India - 6.00
Interesting. I'd actually back an Indian win ahead of an Australian one at the moment, given how much turn the pitch seems to be taking. Harbhajan and Kumble will be a real handful after lunch tomorrow.

I'd still be backing a draw above anything though.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pretty close between India and Australia then and rightly so. I was happy that Harbhajan was out too btw (re your post in the last page). India should get quick runs and try to get 8-10 overs in today aiming to take 2-3 quick wickets.
No way IMO. The pitch is still too flat. Let the cracks open up - bat as much as you can right now.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hell we were possibly looking at a 100 run lead but now we are trailing just because we couldn't get rid of Harbhajan:pissed: , i hope we clean this tail quickly and start batting aggressively, i hope we can somehow replicate "Amazing Adelaide" in this test too. :renske:
India vs Australia in Adelaide 2003/04 > Australia vs England in Adelaide 2006/07 ;)

Salamuddin

International Debutant

Be interesting to see how Australia play this IM0 - how many they would want to set as a target ?
They would have Adelaide 2003 in the back of their minds IMO.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
No way IMO. The pitch is still too flat. Let the cracks open up - bat as much as you can right now.
You do know that rain can be a big factor and we are 1-0 down in this series? Onus is on India to try and win and getting in 8-10 overs today is a fair go in my opinion. I can see your logic of batting as long as possible for the moment but don't agree with it. Try and get a lead of 50 and then declare imo.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
You do know that rain can be a big factor and we are 1-0 down in this series? Onus is on India to try and win and getting in 8-10 overs today is a fair go in my opinion. I can see your logic of batting as long as possible for the moment but don't agree with it. Try and get a lead of 50 and then declare imo.
I just want the pitch to get more difficult for batting first.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Be interesting to see how Australia play this IM0 - how many they would want to set as a target ?
They would have Adelaide 2003 in the back of their minds IMO.
Australia are 1-0 up in the series. They will not declare easily (if it comes to a position for Australia to declare) IMO. Australia will give India a target of 340-375 imo.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I just want the pitch to get more difficult for batting first.
The pitch wont change drastically 5-10 overs here or there. However, getting bowlers having a go pumped up today and then again tomorrow is always good. The other approach would be to bat as long as possible and if 4 wickets or so were left, I could see the logic of trying to bat as long as possible, even through half-2/3 of tomorrow's first session. With 2 wickets left, it is not likely that they will last that much. So 50 is a fair lead imo given the added advantage of getting your bowlers a go today.

pup11

International Coach
Haha yeah I said that to my dad about half an hour ago.

Dad: What's the nineteen year old's batting like?
Me: Well I don't know much about it at all, but he comes out behind RP Singh, we'll know he's awful.

And here's RP Singh.
**** the Indian lead is 27 now, FFS bowl them out guys.This way i guess we won't even see Sharma battting because India might not even reqiure him to bat.RP is not too dire with the bat i remember him scoring a 40 odd against Sussex during the English tour.