• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Dunno, if Australia had been all out for 200, India might have won this Test. Umpiring has been disgraceful and to me, it has ruined the match. It's fun but it's a bit of a farce now.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Even a lead of one rum will go along way boosting the confidence of the indian team as a whole....even though yuvray is a worry.....wht about the prediction about Rain..i dont want them at the moment though with tendulkar in batting
Yes and no. The SCG deck is playing better for batting as the Test goes on and I thought the Aussie score was vulnerable. They should be pleased with the innings' of Laxman and Tendulkar but I think they'd be a bit disappointed if they don't lead by, say, 50.

shankar

International Debutant
Mate I'm not saying it happens all the time but it's plain probability. You'll never see a match where 5 incorrect decisions go in favour of one team.
But it won't even it out though. By letting Aus get over 450 the win had been made very unlikely for India in the beginning itself.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hate to harp on about it, but just imagine the state of this test if Symonds had been given out on 30 odd now. There were a lot of comments about how that decision ruined the test, but could it have just been one of the many twists destined to make this test a classic? India would be well in control now if Australia had been dismissed for 150 odd and the test would be far less interesting for mine.

*Note: I'm in no way suggesting Symonds deserves credit for his innings. :p
If I was a neutral, I still reckon the series would be more interesting if India had a 200 run lead atm.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Dunno, if Australia had been all out for 200, India might have won this Test.
Indeed, and they still might. But assuming the Indian innings went the exact same was as it has and Australia were dismissed for 200, would the game be as interesting as it is now? Probably not, as India would be in completely control, rather than the even contest we have now. We'll probably run out of time though, which is the thing.

Ruined the test from a Indian point of view? Obviously.
Ruined the test from as a spectacle, as was suggested before the Indian batting innings? No, IMO.

Captain Cricket

State Vice-Captain
Yeah, you will. We've seen it in this test!
1. Symonds should have been out when edged on 30. so it's AUS 1, IND 0

2. Ponting should have been out early on an edge down leg but then got dismissed for a bad LBW call. AUS 2, IND 1

3. Lee overstepped for a no-ball and dismissed Jaffer, but no-ball wasn't given. AUS 4, IND 1

4. Ganguly was clearly out LBW on 29 yesterday but Benson didn't give him out. AUS 4, IND 2

4 - 2 is not an utter domination and Ponting didn't contribute much after 30 anyway.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
India need to bat as long as possible IMO with these 3 remaining wickets .....
that will reduce the time for Australia to try and set a target and it may induce mistakes from them.

Scoring quickly is a big part of the AUssie game and if you can reduce the time available for them in which to set a target, you have a good chance of inducing mistakes from them
ala Adelaide 2003.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Indeed, and they still might. But assuming the Indian innings went the exact same was as it has and Australia were dismissed for 200, would the game be as interesting as it is now? Probably not, as India would be in completely control, rather than the even contest we have now. We'll probably run out of time though, which is the thing.

Ruined the test from a Indian point of view? Obviously.
Ruined the test from as a spectacle, as was suggested before the Indian batting innings? No, IMO.
When is the last time Australia have given a 200 run lead in the first innings?

Would be more interesting as a spectacle seeing how Australia would react to that in their second innings.

Edit: Just saw your above post. Anyway, still a good test match.

Agent TBY

International Captain

2. Ponting should have been out early on an edge down leg but then got dismissed for a bad LBW call. AUS 2, IND 1

3. Lee overstepped for a no-ball and dismissed Jaffer, but no-ball wasn't given. AUS 4, IND 1

4. Ganguly was clearly out LBW on 29 yesterday but Benson didn't give him out. AUS 4, IND 2

4 - 2 is not an utter domination and Ponting didn't contribute much after 30 anyway.
That's 157 + a hypothetical number that Jaffer could've scored as against Ganguly's 38.

If that isn't utter domination, I don't know what is.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator

Symonds was plumb lbw as well, and stumped twice. You said we wouldn't see five decisions go against one team, and we've just established 7. How many go against the other team is irrelevant to what you said - you didn't say a margin of 5.

Anyway, this actually has nothing to do with what I was saying at all, and I have no clue with why you replied with "it all evens out anyway" as I wasn't actually bagging the umpires in my post. I'll still be awaiting the five bad decisions to give Symonds out for low scores, though. I can't wait.

Last edited:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah as I said before, just because of a few umpiring mistakes, I could lose my avatar. But whatever, happens.

EDIT: I still think we can draw/win this series, however. So ya not worried yet :p.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Probably not, as India would be in completely control, rather than the even contest we have now. We'll probably run out of time though, which is the thing.
It probably would have been more interesting since Australia would be on the backfoot for the first time in a while.

Fair enough if others don't agree. It's obviously just personal opinion. To me though, I just don't care what happens.