• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

Beleg

International Regular
If he can't bat in a proper test match tempo and tone down his aggression depending on the situation, then he shouldn't be in the test team.
There is no 'proper' test match tempo set in stone. Players create their own tempo. For some, aggression is the best defense.

dansa

Cricket Spectator
He would be better with quick fire 50 rather than sobering for a century

If he can't bat in a proper test match tempo and tone down his aggression depending on the situation, then he shouldn't be in the test team.
He would be better with quick fire 50 rather than sobering down in Test matches as if he will hit a Classical century like Dr. Laxman.
Yuvraj is more like Barn and Agricultural :) kind of fella. He should play the same game for both 1 day and test matches otherwise he won't go too far with Test matches.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I judge based on what I see. If you don't like that yer free to disagree but please don't act like a patronizing ****.
You're acting like he has no right ot be in the team. You're free to say he has bowled like **** if that's what you see, but if you have little knowledge of other factors, you aren't in the greatest position to judge his selection as a whole. If you make comments such as

Why the hell is this Johnson dude in the team?
then expect backlash. He wasn't selected because of what you've seen; he was selected because of what he did when you weren't looking. You've admitted to not watching him bowl before this so you aren't in a position to jump to the conclusion immediately that he's absolutely rubbish and that Australia's pace stocks are low.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
He would be better with quick fire 50 rather than sobering down in Test matches as if he will hit a Classical century like Dr. Laxman.
Yuvraj is more like Barn and Agricultural :) kind of fella. He should play the same game for both 1 day and test matches otherwise he won't go too far with Test matches.
Quick fifties aren't good enough to keep him in the team. There are batsmen around who can do better than that.

dansa

Cricket Spectator
Finishers as they call...

Quick fifties aren't good enough to keep him in the team. There are batsmen around who can do better than that.
That is for Indian selectors to decide.
There is something called 'Finisher' in cricket where tail-enders have to score in hurry or chase a score in hurry. AUZ has done good job with it. That is where Yuvraj fits in and this is what Indian Manager and selectors have not oriented him into. I suppose they won't if they have not done it by now.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There is something called 'Finisher' in cricket where tail-enders have to score in hurry or chase a score in hurry. AUZ has done good job with it. That is where Yuvraj fits in and this is what Indian Manager and selectors have not oriented him into. I suppose they won't if they have not done it by now.
It's not one day cricket - it's not about belting the ball around in the dying overs. That isn't what his role is; his role is to score runs like any other batsman. Like Laxman did at #6.

Last edited:

Beleg

International Regular
You're acting like he has no right ot be in the team. You're free to say he has bowled like **** if that's what you see, but if you have little knowledge of other factors, you aren't in the greatest position to judge his selection as a whole. If you make comments such as

Why the hell is this Johnson dude in the team?
then expect backlash. He wasn't selected because of what you've seen; he was selected because of what he did when you weren't looking. You've admitted to not watching him bowl before this so you aren't in a position to jump to the conclusion immediately that he's absolutely rubbish and that Australia's pace stocks are low.
Umm, I wrote out what I noticed, which in this case was an instinctive reaction. I fully acknowledged its extent and validity and the fact that it'd be stupid to judge him based on one spell. However, the fact that you still felt the need to point out the obvious in a pretty rude manner and completely misinterpret my words speaks volumes.

I do stand by what I have said, for what it's worth. He might be a whizkid with the old ball etc. however his present bowling exhibits none of this elusive potential. And generally, Australian bowlers going back to McDermott have looked far more threatening even when they were down and out.

dansa

Cricket Spectator
Again this for Indian selectors

It's not one day cricket - it's not about belting the ball around in the dying over. That isn't what his role is; his role is to score runs like any other batsman. Like Laxman did at #6.
I know how his role would be useful. Would only tell if he were playing for South-Africa.:) 8-)

ozone

First Class Debutant
No. In test cricket nowadays (or ever for that matter), there is no such thing as a finisher and definately not one who bats at number 6. All of the top 6 need to be able to bat independent of the circumstances.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Ugh...

"Indian tail is like a bicycle stand, one falls and the rest follow."

One of the smartest men in history said that.