• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

JustTool

State 12th Man
Good Lord. What a crappy shot.
Crappy is being too kind :laugh: Awful. He should have starred in the movie: MISREY. Knowing Indian cricket stay tuned for some sequels. Here's a prediction: Yuvraj will fail (again and again) in any quality Test cricket.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Ponting would have scored 0.
Going to have to agree with someone else here again. Dravid clearly isn't in form, and yet has scored 54. Any other out of form batsman would've been out for a score of <20 at a strike rate of about 50.

pup11

International Coach
Aaaahh... a wicket goes down finally! We need to get either Tendulkar or Laxman out tonight just imagine both of them going beserk together! :scared:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah agreed. Dravid's innings wasn't exactly as 'fun' to watch as Laxmans but it was an entirely different innings. Dravid added 54 runs to the Indian scoreboard, in a partnership of over a hundred runs after a wicket fell early. it was a valuable contribution.
And he did it all while obviously not seeing the ball as well as he usually does. Amazing innings for mine. Only got out once, too, which is always a plus.

Craig

World Traveller
Crappy is being too kind :laugh: Awful. He should have starred in the movie: MISREY. Knowing Indian cricket stay tuned for some sequels. Here's a prediction: Yuvraj will fail (again and again) in any quality Test cricket.
And you would be critising him if he didn't get those runs and didn't last as long in that partnership with Laxman so STFU.

JustTool

State 12th Man
2 LAZY shots and Aussies back on top.

Told ya - Dravid's batting failed to wrest the initiative -- -- it was there to be had for India. Just like Kumble failed to seize it with his crappy field settings versus Symonds/Hogg.

Aussies gonna win another one here.

pasag

RTDAS
And it comes to an end. But not before he reached his half century. Great innings for mine - showed us all why he averages 55. Runs out of form: the holy grail.
Agree very, very strongly with this, anyone can score centuries when they're at their peak and seeing the ball like it's a watermelon, but the scrappy affairs when you're clearly out of form, worn out and going through a really bad rough patch, for me seperates cricketers and shows why Dravid is one of the best of this generation.

Laurrz

International Debutant
oh my that was close

so impressed with Pontings captaincy.. i would've personally taken Midge off...but now he's bowling very very well and thratening to take an edge every ball

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome knock by Laxman but what a smart bit of bowling to get him. Hoggie saw Laxman was reaching in the previous over and made him reach a little more. Well bowled.

Tendulkar looks very vulnerable to a similar out to Dravid here.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's one example of why Australia are so good, they keep on trying through the whole day and now there are two new batsmen at the crease to face the last 30 minutes of play.

Congratulations on fantastic knocks from both Laxman and Dravid though. Two entirely different affairs, yet both beautiful in their making.