• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia

pasag

RTDAS
Just have to say it's really great having you back around the forums.
Thanks mate, live cricket is just not the same anymore without CW's in match threads. Love them to bits.

Anyways, the cynical side of me doesn't want to prasie Ponting that much, as any cricketer with half a brain would know that every angle is replayed a hundred times on TV and if they cheat they'll get caught. I was still impressed, but it does take a bit away. It's like you find some money on the street with all your mates there and you turn it in, but would you have done the same if you were there by yourself? (reaching here :p) Would Ponting have done that in a non televised, less high profile match? Probably, but who knows?

dansa

Cricket Spectator
Spin is good for some other team

dunno, Tait i can see getting hit everywhere
These old eyes need controlled pace and bounce. They are used to Clark and Johnson. Indians are generally good at spin. Shove in the Spin as surprise.

Looks like we won't see those "Sing"apore 8-) guys today.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks mate, cricket's just not the same anymore without CW in match threads. Love them to bits.

Anyways, the cynical side of me doesn't want to prasie Ponting that much, as any cricketer with half a brain would know that every angle is replayed a hundred times on TV and if they cheat they'll get caught. I was still impressed, but it does take a bit away. It's like you find some money on the street with all your mates there and you turn it in, but would you done the same if you were there by yourself? (reaching here :p) Would Ponting have done that in a non televised or high profile match? Probably, but who knows?
Hasn't ever stopped Ganguly when the ball bounces half a foot in front of him. :p

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Bill Lawry officially has no idea.

"Excellent knock by Laxman but he's been hampered by Dravid."

WTF? Lawry seriously must have thought of himself as the worst player ever back in the day given the pace he scored at mostly. The fact that it's so hypocritical just makes it worse.

Am I the only one who thinks that Laxman would have loved the assurance of his team-mate digging in and not throwing it away, and allowing him to play his natural game, despite being dreadfully out of form?

Actually, I don't care what anyone says - this is what makes Dravid such a great player, for mine. All players have dips in form - only great batsmen can score runs anyway, build massive partnerships and contribute massively to their team in the middle of it while slowly working their form back up at the same time. What do you think Laxman would have done in this form, Bill? I'll tell you now, he wouldn't have been anywhere close to 47* - he'd be back in the pavillion having exposed the middle order long, long ago. The same goes for even the best strokemakers of our generation like Ponting and Lara - they're great when they're in form and they're in form more often than not, but I wouldn't be expecting 50 from them when they were out of touch.
And it comes to an end. But not before he reached his half century. Great innings for mine - showed us all why he averages 55. Runs out of form: the holy grail.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Thanks mate, cricket's just not the same anymore without CW in match threads. Love them to bits.

Anyways, the cynical side of me doesn't want to prasie Ponting that much, as any cricketer with half a brain would know that every angle is replayed a hundred times on TV and if they cheat they'll get caught. I was still impressed, but it does take a bit away. It's like you find some money on the street with all your mates there and you turn it in, but would you done the same if you were there by yourself? (reaching here :p) Would Ponting have done that in a non televised or high profile match? Probably, but who knows?
AWTA. I don't see anything great about Ponting not claiming the catch. Don't think he's a cheat on the either hand, either.

Craig

World Traveller
For some of the people critising Dravid for his innings, I guess how much T20 has changed them.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
For some of the people critising Dravid for his innings, I guess how much T20 has changed them.
Yeah agreed. Dravid's innings wasn't exactly as 'fun' to watch as Laxmans but it was an entirely different innings. Dravid added 54 runs to the Indian scoreboard, in a partnership of over a hundred runs after a wicket fell early. it was a valuable contribution.