• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

Flem274*

123/5
I'm a better quick fire batsman than Jamie How.
Had a good SR today. Also, unlike yourself, Jamie How is good enough to play international cricket.:p

As for the game, wow, just wow. McCullum and Vettori made the Bangladeshis look like school children.

Pup_23

School Boy/Girl Captain
that was awesome hitting by McCullum and great bowling by Vettori.
Unfortunately I'm going to have to actually do something this afternoon then instead of lying on the couch.
Any bets on how long the test matches will go for?
No longer than three or so days if weather permits.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Had a good SR today. Also, unlike yourself, Jamie How is good enough to play international cricket.:p

As for the game, wow, just wow. McCullum and Vettori made the Bangladeshis look like school children].
Not suprising, most are teenagers or in their early Twenties. :P

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Daniel Vettori - took the most ODI wickets in 2007. And people say he doesn't take wickets...

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Scott Styris has been dropped from the test team, did our Aus radio people get that right?

Days of Grace

International Captain
Team for the Tests

Cumming, Bell, Fulton, Fleming, Sinclair, Oram, McCullum, Vettori, Mills, Mason, O'Brien, Martin.

O'Brien doesn't deserve to be there. Mason I am not sure.

But well done to Bell and Sinclair, thank god he got in the team again, if he didn't he may of just quit.

No Styris is perhaps surprising.

Flem274*

123/5
Team for the Tests

Cumming, Bell, Fulton, Fleming, Sinclair, Oram, McCullum, Vettori, Mills, Mason, O'Brien, Martin.

But well done to Bell and Sinclair, thank god he got in the team again, if he didn't he may of just quit.

I've always thought of Styris as an excellent one day player but only a decent player in tests.

I read in Astle's book of the "put senior players under pressure tactic" I am now very suspicious of this dropping....

In saying that, Styris, How or Adams should be there ahead of O'Brien. I have no idea why we persist with such an awful international cricketer. First James Marshall now O'Brien.

Good to see Matt Bell has been rewarded but I have a question that I'd like someone who's seen him play to answer: On the TV last night in all the shots I saw him play his footwork was fairly limited, does this small sample of shots speak for the rest?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Team for the Tests

Wow. That's the exact team I would have picked other than O'Brien who will probably be 12th man anyway. Good stuff selectors.

sportychic33

State 12th Man
Team for the Tests

Argh fricking O'Brien does not at all deserve to be there. Playing against Bangladesh will make him look close to decent, however when he plays against top quality sides he looks pathetic and Gillespie would have been a better option in my opinion.
No styris is probably to give him time with his family and shows the attitude/confidence of NZ. Styris still isn't in the best of form and he also has knee and back problems that can probably do with a few weeks rest.
Bell - hmm I guess they must be trying to install a sense of confidence and respect for the domestic scene and pick a player based on form.
Agree with your sentiments on Sinclair, he deserves to be there and I wouldn't be suprised to see him add to his tally of double test centuries.
Mason definitely deserves a run even though CD desperately need his experience more than anything.
Thankfully they have let Patel go back to domestic cricket where he will get some quality game time instead of being another one of those expert drinks carriers.