• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Bangladesh in New Zealand

bdcricmad

Cricket Spectator
Bangladesh tour of New Zealand, 2007/08

December 2007
Sun 16
12:00 local, 23:00 GMT Northern Districts v Bangladeshis
Seddon Park, Hamilton

Tue 18
12:00 local, 23:00 GMT Northern Districts v Bangladeshis
Seddon Park, Hamilton

Fri 21
12:00 local, 23:00 GMT Auckland v Bangladeshis
Eden Park Outer Oval, Auckland

Sun 23
18:30 local, 05:30 GMT New Zealand XI v Bangladeshis
Seddon Park, Hamilton

Wed 26
12:00 local, 23:00 GMT 1st ODI - New Zealand v Bangladesh
Eden Park, Auckland

Fri 28
11:00 local, 22:00 GMT 2nd ODI - New Zealand v Bangladesh
McLean Park, Napier

Mon 31
11:00 local, 22:00 GMT 3rd ODI - New Zealand v Bangladesh
Queenstown Events Centre

January 2008
Fri 4 - Tue 8
11:00 local, 22:00 GMT 1st Test - New Zealand v Bangladesh
University Oval, Dunedin

Sat 12 - Wed 16
11:00 local, 22:00 GMT 2nd Test - New Zealand v Bangladesh
Basin Reserve, Wellington

bdcricmad

Cricket Spectator
Net practice at Seddon Park

The Tigers practiced in two groups today. The first group of players left their hotel by the Waikato River for the Seddon Park at 9:20am local time (2:20am Bangladesh Standard Time) while the second followed an hour and a half later and most of them spoke of some degree of difficulty getting a decent sleep the night before. But training can’t wait and there were three separate nets, one with the new Bola bowling machine the Tigers have carried to New Zealand, at Seddon Park’s practice area ready for the batsmen. Also there were local net bowlers some of whom may feature in the Northern Districts team that will play two practice games on the 16th and 18th against the tourists.
more

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
I think Bangladesh will be a lot more competitive than most New Zealand people think. As long as their batsmen make runs - no certainty, but more likely than last time with Ashraful, Aftab, Shabib, etc - they have enough bowling to trouble New Zealand IMO. Am almost expecting them to pinch an ODI victory.

Fiery

Banned
I think Bangladesh will be a lot more competitive than most New Zealand people think. As long as their batsmen make runs - no certainty, but more likely than last time with Ashraful, Aftab, Shabib, etc - they have enough bowling to trouble New Zealand IMO. Am almost expecting them to pinch an ODI victory.
Nah the Bangas are still pretty awful in tests. I think we'll smash them in both the tests and ODIs. The team should be pretty well oiled from having played in the CH series

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Nah the Bangas are still pretty awful in tests. I think we'll smash them in both the tests and ODIs. The team should be pretty well oiled from having played in the CH series
If Gilchrist gets going for a bit longer and Ponting continues in this form I'm not so sure the bowling attack will be quite so well-oiled. :p

Thats kind of what I mean by New Zealanders not expecting much of the Bangladeshis, I think they'll push the side in a few ODIs, maybe not so the test matches.

Fiery

Banned
If Gilchrist gets going for a bit longer and Ponting continues in this form I'm not so sure the bowling attack will be quite so well-oiled. :p

Thats kind of what I mean by New Zealanders not expecting much of the Bangladeshis, I think they'll push the side in a few ODIs, maybe not so the test matches.
Bowling to Gilchrist is often a pretty thankless task. Bond seems to have his measure a bit but he can be unstoppable

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Bowling to Gilchrist is often a pretty thankless task. Bond seems to have his measure a bit but he can be unstoppable
Yeh true...Sri Lanka will certainly agree! (149)

If only Bond could be back. Wasn't convinced on everything the commentators were saying throughout the Australian innings yesterday but the comments about Cairns and Bond and New Zealand's chances hugely boosted with them were on the mark.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Is Matt Bell good enough for a recall, given how many runs he has scored this season?
From what I've heard from the radio commentary, he looks good and has a better or remodelled technique or something along those lines. There is no live tv coverage of domestic cricket so its hard to tell exactly how hes going. He scored 267 the other day so at least hes scoring big runs.

I doubt they will turn for him again. He last played in 2001 or 02? Peter Fulton, Sinclair, How, Cumming, even Papps will all be ahead of him in the pecking order to open the batting IMO.

cricman

International 12th Man
Listening to the practce match on streaming radio ... Bangladesh not doing so well atm 147/5 37.2

Last edited:

cricman

International 12th Man
222/8 after 50, Mortaza with the fireworks .. seemed like good death bowling for the last 2 overs could easily been 240. I expect Mortaza and Rasel to blow them away but oh well not a good start to the tour

EDIT: can't find the official thread as cricket chat only goes back to 10 pages now

Last edited: