• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
If I were the Pakistani captain, I wouldn't be thinking the game is lost. I'be focusing on how to win it because it is still possible.

Score around 150 runs in the first session, declare and try to get India out cheaply. At this stage it doesn't matter if the ploy works on not - a series is at stake. If it works, and India are bundled out for around 200 then Pakistan will have to chase 300 on the last day - which is by no means an easy task - but it's better then nothing. And it it doesn't work, well, we got nothing to lose.

So, please, please, please - ATTACK tommorrow morning.
Declaring from behind would be an awesome move. It would really show their intent.

jeevan

International 12th Man
Originally Posted by Beleg View Post
If I were the Pakistani captain, I wouldn't be thinking the game is lost. I'be focusing on how to win it because it is still possible.

Score around 150 runs in the first session, declare and try to get India out cheaply. At this stage it doesn't matter if the ploy works on not - a series is at stake. If it works, and India are bundled out for around 200 then Pakistan will have to chase 300 on the last day - which is by no means an easy task - but it's better then nothing. And it it doesn't work, well, we got nothing to lose.

Declaring from behind would be an awesome move. It would really show their intent.
Glad that atleast some people realize that in terms of a result there is more at stake for Pakistan than for India. Either team is very well placed to force a draw at this point.
Kumble threw a bit of a bone the last time as India had more at stake in Kolkata (Bangalore has been bad for the Indian team and was the site for test #3). If Younis does this tomorrow, really hope Kumble matches positive intent with positive intent.

If not, would rather see Dravid and Karthik get an extended net session on the 5th day (without the nets) than offer it to Younis and Yousuf (like at Kolkata).

I wish you were the captain of Pakistan Cricket Team.:)

shortpitched713

International Captain

Go for the draw. :p

Actually realistically it might be difficult for the result to be anything other than a draw so I would agree that a little effort to get a result might not go wrong.

Declaring anything more than 130-140 behind though would be a stupid risk and one I'd not be willing to take.

Last edited:

haroon510

International 12th Man
this indian tour has been the worst tour ever for pakistan... i don't want pakistani team to make worst worst by losing the test series 2-0... play safe and draw the match.. losing 1-0 is a little bit respectable than 2-0.. considering that pakistan had crappy bowlers like sami, kaneria and played without their three front line bowlers fully fit..

biased indian

International Coach
ahhhh another 100 run partnership..every third ball according to cricinfo commentry is keeping low..why are they not bowling wicket to wicket??????????????

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
If this is what REAL CRICKET is going to be then please spare us the torture I would rather watch ODIs which is a lot more competitive, entertaining and if at all it got boring and dull, I would not be forced to sit through 5 days.

This(and the last one in Pakistan) series is reminiscent of the India-Pak cricket in late 70s-early 80s which pushed people away from Test cricket and made ODIs so popular in the subcontinent. Another few series like these and I wouldn't be surprised if fans turned their backs on Test cricket once again.

Fiery

Banned
If this is what REAL CRICKET is going to be then please spare us the torture I would rather watch ODIs which is a lot more competitive, entertaining and if at all it got boring and dull, I would not be forced to sit through 5 days.

This(and the last one in Pakistan) series is reminiscent of the India-Pak cricket in late 70s-early 80s which pushed people away from Test cricket and made ODIs so popular in the subcontinent. Another few series like these and I wouldn't be surprised if fans turned their backs on Test cricket once again.
What do you mean? The 1st test was a cracker

Laurrz

International Debutant
What do you mean? The 1st test was a cracker
unfortunately that was the only one.. i was hoping after that first test it would set up a really entertaining series

but gee a contest between BAT and BALL would be good... its just bat vs bat atm...