• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

i hate this... i don't want kaneria to take wickets... the more he takes wickets and get ride of tail enders right now (now that india is settle to win this much).. the more chancess of him being in the next test much .... i think that both Kaneria and sami should be out of the team ..they are both crappy..
Not only Mohammad Sami & Danish Kaneria but other crap players like Salman Butt,Kamran Akmal,Shahid Afridi,Yasir Hameed,Imran Nazir etc should also be thrown out of the team.:)

neutralguy

U19 Debutant
Imran,instead of wasting your time with this talentless guy who is the worst pace bowler ever, please go & teach those skills to other talented youngsters like Anwar Ali,Asad Ali,Jamshed Ahmed,Samiullah Khan Niazi,Mohammad Irshad etc.
But a dad is teaching his son what to do. There is nothing wrong in that.8-)

JBH001

International Regular
Hmmmm........ the main purpose this series seems to serve is to fatten up the averages of Indian players. I just hope there isn't a significant dump back to Earth when they hit these shores because I'd hazard that the attacks will be far less friendly and the pitches not quite as good to bat on (aside from pudding pie Melbourne).
Dunno about that. The pitches in Brisbane and Hobart were both roads - however, as you say, the Australian attack is another matter entirely. IMO if Australia prepare some decent tracks (with pace and bounce) they will roll over the Indian batting line-up. Easy.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Dunno about that. The pitches in Brisbane and Hobart were both roads - however, as you say, the Australian attack is another matter entirely. IMO if Australia prepare some decent tracks (with pace and bounce) they will roll over the Indian batting line-up. Easy.
yep, the euphoria of 600+ scores on low and slow indian wickets against a very limited attack will dissipate very quickly if that happens...

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
What is a road here and what is a road in India are different I reckon. The 'Gabba is always a road after the first session but it still has good carry so it's a road for batsmen who like the ball coming on to the bat. Definitely not slow and low. Bellerive is about as close as it gets to places like Bangalore and India aren't playing there, as you said. I'd imagine Perth and Sydney would offer good bounce, Adelaide to be good for batting and the MCG to be a pudding pie in the fashion of the Indian pitches we've seen thus far.

Anyway, I reckon the toss will be crucial. You have two batting line ups with big guns who have hit form. You'd want them in on a first-day deck, scoring 400+ and putting the opposition bowling attack under pressure as both are either unsettled or new to Test cricket.

biased indian

International Coach
What is a road here and what is a road in India are different I reckon. The 'Gabba is always a road after the first session but it still has good carry so it's a road for batsmen who like the ball coming on to the bat. Definitely not slow and low. Bellerive is about as close as it gets to places like Bangalore and India aren't playing there, as you said. I'd imagine Perth and Sydney would offer good bounce, Adelaide to be good for batting and the MCG to be a pudding pie in the fashion of the Indian pitches we've seen thus far.

Anyway, I reckon the toss will be crucial. You have two batting line ups with big guns who have hit form. You'd want them in on a first-day deck, scoring 400+ and putting the opposition bowling attack under pressure as both are either unsettled or new to Test cricket.
i wont comment anything on the series untill the first inngs of both the teams are over..three thing are for certain 95% True...

Austrlai will bat really well...Indian bowlers will be crap...and Aussie bowlers will try their best out...only thing not sure and on which the series result depends is how the indian batsmen play..i am 100 % tendulkar laxman and dravid will like the bowling coming on to the bat and all three will have atleast 2 decent inngs ...the most important thing is how the other 4 batsmen will play..if any one of them can produce a big inngs along with the three in each match..we could go along way in drawing the matches or atleast be competetive..

biased indian

International Coach
Rudi is making too many mistakes these days i think....

there was one karthick decision yesterday...and by the looks of it i think that last one was also OUT

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Austrlai will bat really well...Indian bowlers will be crap...and Aussie bowlers will try their best out...only thing not sure and on which the series result depends is how the indian batsmen play..i am 100 % tendulkar laxman and dravid will like the bowling coming on to the bat and all three will have atleast 2 decent inngs ...the most important thing is how the other 4 batsmen will play..if any one of them can produce a big inngs along with the three in each match..we could go along way in drawing the matches or atleast be competetive..
I'm sure you're right but I'm a bit iffy about Dravid. Seems to be in a bit of a slump right now and I don't think an Australian tour is the one to pull him out of it. The Aussies will be targeting him because I don't think they took him seriously before he spanked them to all parts of Adelaide and beyond. The subsequent tour they hit him hard and I'm sure this one will be no different. Laxman, again, will be put under pressure and I think with his hundreds in the current series, he's peaked a bit early. Tendulkar seems to be pacing himself a bit and is gearing himself for a big series so I would reckon he'll do well. Woudl be rather surprised if Yuvraj doesn't do well and not just because of his ton in the current Test; him being back in the side is the culmination of years of work and I'd reckon he'll be pretty unwilling to let his place go without a serious fight. Ganguly will obviously come here full of confidence and it's hard to ever bet against him because he's a determined bugger too.

biased indian

International Coach
I'm sure you're right but I'm a bit iffy about Dravid. Seems to be in a bit of a slump right now and I don't think an Australian tour is the one to pull him out of it. The Aussies will be targeting him because I don't think they took him seriously before he spanked them to all parts of Adelaide and beyond. The subsequent tour they hit him hard and I'm sure this one will be no different. Laxman, again, will be put under pressure and I think with his hundreds in the current series, he's peaked a bit early. Tendulkar seems to be pacing himself a bit and is gearing himself for a big series so I would reckon he'll do well. Woudl be rather surprised if Yuvraj doesn't do well and not just because of his ton in the current Test; him being back in the side is the culmination of years of work and I'd reckon he'll be pretty unwilling to let his place go without a serious fight. Ganguly will obviously come here full of confidence and it's hard to ever bet against him because he's a determined bugger too.
i see it this way any result better or equal to 2-0 i am :)....and for this to happem i think we need our batsmne to score 6+ century in the series...i am sure i will get one from dravid,tendulkar and laxman..hopefull than cam make it 2 by them selves or any one else can come to the party..if this dont happen its 4-0 all the way ..:(

FRAZ

International Captain
Imran,instead of wasting your time with this talentless guy who is the worst pace bowler ever, please go & teach those skills to other talented youngsters like Anwar Ali,Asad Ali,Jamshed Ahmed,Samiullah Khan Niazi,Mohammad Irshad etc.
Irshad is the only youngster that I liked in your mentioned names.

Evermind

International Debutant
Woah, no one seems to have any interest left in the match proceedings anymore?

Not that I blame them, considering how it's fizzled out. Not the best preparation for Australia, of course.

As for that series, I'm looking forward to a thrashing. 3-0 or 4-0.

biased indian

International Coach
54 Extras !!!!!! :@

Ishant would have given 90% of them when he willleran to bowl well if he had bowled line and legth th eun even bounce would have given him more than the one wicket that he has now