• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
I have nothing but derision for Pakistan team management at this point of time. Playing an unfit Shoaib (apparently against the wishes of the stand-in captain as he hinted after the Kolkata test) has not just deprived Pakistan of any chance they had of coming back in the series but really denied the fans of a really good contest.

Fabulous though Yuvraj was yesterday and admirable though Ganguly's approach to his batting has been, it would have been such a better spectacle to have had them display their skills against a full complement of bowlers in the Pakistani attack

Anyone who thinks a Shoaib Tanveer (or whoever else) is a worse option than a dodgy Akhtar needs to have his head examined.

Lawson, if he had anything to do with this decision (to play Shoaib in these two games) should have nothing more to do with Pakistani cricket with immediate effect. Shoaib Akhtar should never be in another Pakistani starting squad unless a squad of experts declares him MORE THAN 100 PERCENT fit.

This is not personal heroics (playing when one is unfit) this is playing with the fortunes of his side. No one comes out of this with credit those who decided to play him and the player who agreed to (or wanted to) play.

Disgusting.

As an Indian supporter I should be thrilled at the prospect of a series win against Pakistan at home after ages but I am extremely disappointed by the contest that we are witnessing here.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I have nothing but derision for Pakistan team management at this point of time. Playing an unfit Shoaib (apparently against the wishes of the stand-in captain as he hinted after the Kolkata test) has not just deprived Pakistan of any chance they had of coming back in the series but really denied the fans of a really good contest.

Fabulous though Yuvraj was yesterday and admirable though Ganguly's approach to his batting has been, it would have been such a better spectacle to have had them display their skills against a full complement of bowlers in the Pakistani attack

Anyone who thinks a Shoaib Tanveer (or whoever else) is a worse option than a dodgy Akhtar needs to have his head examined.

Lawson, if he had anything to do with this decision (to play Shoaib in these two games) should have nothing more to do with Pakistani cricket with immediate effect. Shoaib Akhtar should never be in another Pakistani starting squad unless a squad of experts declares him MORE THAN 100 PERCENT fit.

This is not personal heroics (playing when one is unfit) this is playing with the fortunes of his side. No one comes out of this with credit those who decided to play him and the player who agreed to (or wanted to) play.

Disgusting.

As an Indian supporter I should be thrilled at the prospect of a series win against Pakistan at home after ages but I am extremely disappointed by the contest that we are witnessing here.
Yeah. Last time Pakistan toured India, they didn't include Akhtar as he was not match ready. Pakistan did very well in that series exceeding expectations. Yet, they didn't learn from that lesson. Even in the first test, Akhtar was rubbing his back and in pain. A fast bowler who has lost so many tests for various reasons will always want to play to prove himself and make up for lost time. However, carrying a bowler will always hurt your team and it isn't too tough to understand.

On Lawson, he comes across as a yes man who just goes with the flow who doesn't assert himself at all. He just seems figurative and happy to remain that way not involving himself over things which would mean taking stances. Pakistan cricket is always crazy and it never fails to sadden and anger me.

Last edited:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Completely agree with Pratyush and SJS. That said, Full marks to Gangs and Yuvraj.

And there it is Dada makes his highest test score. Hope he scores a double century. :)

jeevan

International 12th Man
Well done Ganguly - personal milestone as well as pulled India out of an absolutely poor situation. FC high as well!

Man of Series candidate, opportunity to do well with the ball in this match too. (Pathan doing great too with the bat).

TheLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Well done Sourav

There have been some very difficult times in Ganguly's career that he has overcome and credit too him for having done so. This moment is one for you to savor.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
India should look at making 140 runs (if not more) in the next 28 overs and then declaring with a lead of 730. Ideally, we should be looking at batting only once in this game which would mean aiming to bat half of the first session tomorrow. However, given the chance of having 10 jittery overs thrown in today, plus exploiting the wicket in the first hour tomorrow given the cold streak India is going through weather wise, makes much more sense declaring today with around a lead of 730 with about an hour to go.

Last edited:

Beleg

International Regular
At the rate India is going, they should score around 160+ in the next 28 overs. The toothlessness (and Younis's apparant stubborness against introducing Akhtar into the attack) of Pakistani bowling means they can do it without taking undue risks.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
:mad: That's the worst possible avatar you could've picked out for me. Oh well, I made the bet, so will have to honor it. Not putting up it up until the game is officially over though!
Yeah, that is very harsh.

This is your avatar. I hope you don't mind this one. :)