• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

haroon510

International 12th Man
so the big talk of shoaib akhter making a big impect and will play for pakistan for another two years lasted only two tests and four ODIs.... I am sure he will be out for another year or so again..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
so the big talk of shoaib akhter making a big impect and will play for pakistan for another two years lasted only two tests and four ODIs.... I am sure he will be out for another year or so again..
Congrats on 1000 posts Haroon. I hope you last more than Shoaib does. :)

haroon510

International 12th Man
Not sure if that would be a good thing for India ITBT. Obviously it would help Yuvraj's case immensely, but if he did ton up here then he'll probably replace Laxman for the Australian series which would be a big mistake.
Say whaaaaaaaaat ?????? :laugh: lol

i was refering to drop catch of yuvraj by younis in the slip... i could care less about indian selection for Aus tour.. one thing is for sure that i would enjoy seeing them bashed by Aussies..

haroon510

International 12th Man
Congrats on 1000 posts Haroon. I hope you last more than Shoaib does. :)
i think i will last... i still have to seee my own country's (afghanistan) team playing test matches... boy that will be a dream come true for me...

i forgot to say thanx lol... where are my manners?

Last edited:

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
I have seen him bowl a few times over the years.
Ok, care to elabourate about his progress, he is a bowler who fascinates me quite a bit.

India are in a good position here and what they must look to do is push on to over 250 before losing another wicket. I believe Karthik and the tail can add 100 between them and I feel that 350 will be above par on this wicket.

Gambhir's chances seem to be running out for the Indian team, he had a fantastic opportunity today but he blew it once again. Talented or not, how much longer can we perservere with him until making him re-establish himself for India A and Delhi? He is not doing well to keep Chopra out of the India side.

Code:
                     Mat    I  NO  Runs HS1  HS2  HS3     Ave 100  50   0
v Australia            1    2   0     4   3    1    -    2.00   0   0   0
v Bangladesh           2    2   0   174 139   35    -   87.00   1   0   0
v Pakistan             3    6   1   179  52   41   32*  35.80   0   1   0
v South Africa         2    3   0   129  96   26    7   43.00   0   1   0
v Sri Lanka            3    5   0    54  30   19    3   10.80   0   0   1
v Zimbabwe             2    3   1   144  97   46    1*  72.00   0   1   0
Obviously it is quite early to tell, but he seems like a bit of a minnow basher with his one century coming against Bangladesh and one of his three fifties against Zimbabwe.

I have to say that Yuvraj has shut me up in terms of me thinking that he would not be able to cut it in Test cricket. He is a different player to the nervy one who played in the Test team before, he is more confident, beautiful in strokeplay and more importantly, has converted a start into a fifty (and hopefully more).

Ishant Sharma in the team cannot pull any half measures today, he is in the side for his raw talent and consequently should look to try and bowl fast and short rather than sacrifice pace for accuracy. If he can look to get it chest high of short of a length at 140kph, he could cause problems in this two paced pitch. I cannot comment too much on Pathan because I have not seen him bowl in a 4 or 5 day game since his comeback.

What a wristy hook from Yuvraj, shot of the day for me!

haroon510

International 12th Man
yuvi is dominating sami... he deserve it .. i will be happy if he uses the same bat on pakistan selectors also at the end of the day for selecting this guy again and again..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Ok, care to elabourate about his progress, he is a bowler who fascinates me quite a bit.
He bowls straight and is good at pitching the ball on a spot from a fairly good height. He can ball long spells for you. The problem is that he lacks the variations you need at the moment. He is more of a Kuruvilla type bowler right now. However, he can improve on the variations and with more effort, can become some one like Venkatesh Prasad. He has the basic frame work and the age to improve. The added advantage is that Prasad is the bowling coach of the Indian team right now and perfect for some one like VRV to better himself.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
This is irritating now. You question is speed? WTF? Read what a great Imran Jr. devotee has written on wikipedia:

I tell you what, how about an avatar challenge? If Sami doesn't take more wickets than AA in this test series, you can change my avatar for 2 weeks. If he takes more wickets than AA, I change your avatar for 2 weeks. Howzatt? Don't say it is unfair as their is a huge chance that Sami might take zero wickets and you might win the bet.
:laugh: Done.

I have full confidence in Sami's (lack of) ability he will not let me down and help me win this bet.
:laugh: Awesome you accepted the bet. Will be hilarious and gun if I lose this bet.
Always had faith in Sami.

Xuhaib, your avatar for 2 weeks:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
i wonder why people only pick on sami.. kaneria has been crapy like him through out the series..
Because Sami is always crap. Kaneria has just been crap lately.

Adding to that, Kaneria has taken 8 wickets @ 52.23 in this series. Poor, yes, but it's great in comparison to Sami's 1 wicket @ 351.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Because no bowler has been as bad as Sami (statistically at least) in the entire history of test cricket.
i know but kaneria is in his way to there as well...

averages almost 34 in 51 test matches.. i perfere afridi over him any day considering that his bating will come as a pluss.. he averages 34 as well.