• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

irfan

State Captain
Think they might do that, do they really trust Sharma or VRV as part of a two man + Ganguly seam attack?
I would... Especially with the Australian series so close, it would be interesting to see what the back up talent would be like in a live pressure cooker match scenario. Both of them are quality prospects that should be tried out but I no way advocate for them to be a permanent member of the lineup. Unless the pitch is an absolute dustbowl it's probably not worth going in with 3 spinners.
It should be

Chopra
Jaffer
Dravid
Laxman
Ganguly
Yuvraj
Karthik (k)
Pathan
Kumble (c)
Harbhajan
VRV/Sharma

jeevan

International 12th Man
Possible for India to take the RHB/LHB all the way:

Jaffer RHB
Gambhir LHB
Dravid RHB
Ganguly LHB
Laxman RHB
Yuvraj LHB
Karthik RHB
Pathan LHB
Kumble RHB
Kartik LHB
Harbhajan RHB (Harbhajan at 11 just for the pattern, but Kartik has almost the
same FC average of 18.something)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
India bat. 4 changes. The two pacers, Dhoni, Tendulkar are out. Ishant, Irfan, Gambhir and Yuvraj come in. Gambhir is going to open.

- Kumble at the toss.

biased indian

International Coach
hmmmm......i thnk have to score above 400..to be on the safe side here..hope clouds dont come up make it ideal for fast bowlers

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I really hope Yuvraj makes a good score, just to show that he does have the potential to be a Test class batsmen. Also, if Gambhir makes any runs and Karthik doesn't then I think we can safely say that Gambhir and Jaffer will be opening against Australia.

Disgraceful that Mohammad Sami retains his place. Absolutely disgraceful. No wonder Pakistan can barely win games, when they have that kind of rabble amongst their ranks.

haroon510

International 12th Man
wow sami is bowling median overs...

pakistan should have replaced faisal iqbal with someone else.. i dont'know who but he certainly doesn't deserve to be in the team

Last edited:

jeevan

International 12th Man
wow sami is bowling median overs...

pakistan should have replaced faisal iqbal with someone else.. i dont'know who but he certainly doesn't deserve to be in the team
And picks up a wicket. Gambhir blowing it for himself and for India,

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Told you this guy was a walking wicket. He is so far from being Test class, its not even funny.
Agree. Gambhir isn't good enough to play a test level, regradless of what he does in twenty20 games.

I honetsly think that even Sehwag would be a much better option than him.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
India in real trouble now, 51-3, with Arafat taking two so far.

Laxman and Yuvraj to save India.

haroon510

International 12th Man
the legen for a day is gone.. Mr. Jaffer u had ur share of luck when u played against two and half bowlers in flat bating pitching.. time for u to go now

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Would have put my house on Laxman being bowled. I said it to myself the minute I saw the way the pitch was playing.

He never gets forward enough in his last 2-3 years of his career. Annoying.