• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yes, it is. Once he gets that up to a respectable standard he'll be a very valuable player for India. Nobody is asking him to be Jonty Rhodes, just so long as he can catch, run and throw to a capable level.
Just improving one's hands is good enough for me. If someone isn't quick or doesn't have a strong arm, I can certainly deal with that, but misfields and more importantly dropped catches are a serious problem.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just improving one's hands is good enough for me. If someone isn't quick or doesn't have a strong arm, I can certainly deal with that, but misfields and more importantly dropped catches are a serious problem.
With Munaf Patel he barely jogs and usually throws underarm, or so I've heard. Now to me, that's just not acceptable. I can handle somebody with a weak throw and somebody who isn't that fast across the ground, but he needs to lift those aspects of his fielding too, not just his catching.

To anybody watching the game, what is Salman Butt looking like? One of my favourite semi-emerging players and I'd really like to see him do well.

AKkAz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Why is dada bowling such a longish spell? It seems like more a defensive ploy by Kumble rather than an attacking one which is what he should be looking to do.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
God Munaf Patel ****s me. FFS why are you trying a sweep shot you frickin idiot?

Its not his lack of batting talent that ****s me, its his lack of even having the ****in respect for the team to try.

He's a **** fielder too and whilst he has plenty of talent with the ball, its not like he's utilising it enough to justify his ****ness in the other areas.

Just ****in try at least Munaf.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Butt - keep it up son, you're batting well.

Quite torn here, want Butt and Shoaib Malik to make big runs, but I want India to win.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yousuf threatening to take the game away from India.

Ganguly to get him again? :p

Last edited: