• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
surprised Afridi is not in the test squad TBH, in Indian condtions batting @ 6 coming against the old ball & attacking the Indian spinners plus his leg-spin (even though was taken apart during the ODI series) could really come in handy for Pakistan i would think.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Fielding: Both side can be dreadful, but what gives India a HUGE advantage over Pakiatsn is that their keeping can keep well, whereas Pakistan has the most awfull keeper playing cricket in International cricket.
Funniest sentence ever. Dhoni's keeping isn't a huge advantage over anyone.

haroon510

International 12th Man
surprised Afridi is not in the test squad TBH, in Indian condtions batting @ 6 coming against the old ball & attacking the Indian spinners plus his leg-spin (even though was taken apart during the ODI series) could really come in handy for Pakistan i would think.
agree with u

AKkAz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
RP singh and Sreesanth out..massive blow for the Indian bowling line up.....I dont think munfa will be able to perform as our frontline bowler

AKkAz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
They would have been crazy...if they took gambir in for his some what decent ODI form in place of 2 openers who performed decently in test aganist ENG
Well the opening partnerships between Sehwag and Gambhir against Pakistan in the past have definitely been effective. Either way an effective opening partnership is crucial to the success of the Indian team. As seen in the England series, when the openers performed, the rest of the team followed and when the openers collpased, the rest of the team followed suit. This is exactly why I am stressing the inclusion of Yuvraj into the starting line up.. Him and Dhoni have been able to re build the Indian innings at any stage of the game.. It definitely is his time.

biased indian

International Coach
Well the opening partnerships between Sehwag and Gambhir against Pakistan in the past have definitely been effective. Either way an effective opening partnership is crucial to the success of the Indian team. As seen in the England series, when the openers performed, the rest of the team followed and when the openers collpased, the rest of the team followed suit. This is exactly why I am stressing the inclusion of Yuvraj into the starting line up.. Him and Dhoni have been able to re build the Indian innings at any stage of the game.. It definitely is his time.
that clearly means u need good start ..so dont change ur openers atleast for the first 2 games

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
WTF? They should be toting guns at each other. :ph34r:

Sohail Tanveer likely to make his Test debut. Not sure about that. I expect him to fail miserably.

biased indian

International Coach
if india wins first test i think pakistan will be in big trouble.....

first 2 days will be of great importance to both the teams...

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Too bad that RPS, Sree and Gul are all injured, esp. with Asif already out. We are gonna see some dire attacks now, I think. :(

Esp. I think India are in big trouble, if Delhi and Kolkata produce natural pitches, given the time of the year.

biased indian

International Coach
Too bad that RPS, Sree and Gul are all injured, esp. with Asif already out. We are gonna see some dire attacks now, I think. :(

Esp. I think India are in big trouble, if Delhi and Kolkata produce natural pitches, given the time of the year.
i dont think we are going to miss that much..we have the best swing bowler of the 2 teams...

Sourav Ganguly

GUL also OUT !!!!!!!:)

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Nah, McGrath retired. I've decided to put the the most overrated, chucking, crap excuse for a fast bowler I could find in my avatar for a week.