• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
To be honest, there are five teams that are very very close to each other, and are equally as good or bad as each other (England, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, South Africa). So I don't think what Beleg said was unreasonable.

Xuhaib

International Coach
To be honest, there are five teams that are very very close to each other, and are equally as good or bad as each other (England, Pakistan, India, Sri Lanka, South Africa). So I don't think what Beleg said was unreasonable.
In odi's Kiwis are also part of that pack.

funnygirl

State Regular
Indians were relaxed and complacent .Rightly paid the price . Could have 4-1 ,but the top order played without sense or with a light hearted way .

haroon510

International 12th Man
Afridi omission surprising
From Rehan Siddiqui

17 November 2007

KARACHI — Pakistan's charismatic all rounder, Shahid Afridi, was surprisingly left out of the 15-member squad to face India in three-Test series starting later this month.

"Shahid Afridi has not been picked in the Test squad due to dip in his form and the selectors have no alternative, but to leave him out of the squad. He should try to regain form by playing in the domestic season," Chief Selector, Salahuddin Ahmed told Khaleej Times yesterday.

But Khaleej Times understands that Afridi did ask Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) not to consider him for Test series, citing neither he was mentally nor physically attuned for the rigours of the longer version of the game.

However, this correspondent had learnt that that the major cause of Afridi's omission has been the cold war that existed between him and skipper, Shoaib Malik, who it is reported had opposed Afridi's inclusion in the Test squad.

Despite persuasion by the PCB to remain with the squad, Afridi was adamant and the board reluctantly accepted the all rounder's request and holder of world record of hitting the fastest ODI hundred.

i think pakistan needs afridi for test matches.. pakistan have Kaneria who can't take a wicket before he bowles 15 or 20 overs... he isn't as good as anil kumble and harbajan singh are.. what pakistan needs another spiner who can bat.. afridi's bating record in india is really good (under 40) and also his bowling average is 25..

i can't say about the conflict of afridi with malik but all i know is that afridi doesn't like to play test cricket and he might have asked selectors to send him back to pakistan..

Last edited:

funnygirl

State Regular
The comming series b/w India and pakistan would be the most one sided series with Pakistan getting hammering. This is because for the first time India has a team that is superior to Pakistan in all 5 department of the games, i.e. leadership, Batting,Fast bowling,Spin, and fielding.

Captaincy: Dhoni is proving to be one of the best young emerging captain, he's confident, aggresive and his field placement are superb, Malik on the other hand seems to be a bad choice as captain, this timid person has negative approach to the game.Most importantly Malik chokes in pressure while Dhoni is someone who maintain his cool in pressure situation.

Batting: India has vastly superior batting side, they have 6 quality batsmen in the team, which will be against a side with only 3 recognize batsmen in Younis/Yousif and Malik.

Fielding: Both side can be dreadful, but what gives India a HUGE advantage over Pakiatsn is that their keeping can keep well, whereas Pakistan has the most awfull keeper playing cricket in International cricket.

Spin:Spinners will play the main role in test series win over Pakistan,Murali,Harb and Kumble will be too hot for Pakistani batsmen to handle.As for Pakisatni spinners,if they cannot do anything against Sa, then they shouldn't even hope of doing anything worthwhile against India.

Pace:In Khan,Sreesanth, RP Singh India has a pace attack that is much better than Pakistan.Ofcourse i'm saying that keeping in mind that Akhtar hasn't played cricket for over a year (can one recall when he actually played his last test match?) and Asif is still carrying an injury.Expecting GUl(a decent bowler) ,wrong footers and other injury prone bowlers to match India pace would be asking for too much.

If 20/20 cup final was a nightmare for Pakistani fans then this test series would be worse then hemorrhoidic pain for them.
Great prediction .But an arrogant one ,i said then and i will repeat the same now.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Great prediction .But an arrogant one ,i said then and i will repeat the same now.
ya agree with u there .. the series was very close.. indian bowling and bating proved to be the same as pakistan's bowling and batting..except i think indian fielding was much better than pakistan and off course their wicket keeping.

let see what happens in test but i have a feeling that pakistan will play much better in test matches..shoaib has come back in his form.. tanvir has bowled well and lets hope he makes his test debut in this series... umar gul will be another bowler that india should look for in test matches.. as far as pakistan bating goes.. both younis and yousuf are in form.. butt is playing good and he needs a good partner up in the top order and if pakistan go with sarfaraz Ahmad then yasir hameed is going to get a chance.. the series is open it can go any where from here.. what i think pakistan is going to miss is a good spiner and the inclution of afridi to test matches would have help pakistan a little bit in thier spin department..but india has an edge in spin as they are going to make pitches for spiners..

jeevan

International 12th Man
ya agree with u there .. the series was very close.. indian bowling and bating proved to be the same as pakistan's bowling and batting..except i think indian fielding was much better than pakistan and off course their wicket keeping.

let see what happens in test but i have a feeling that pakistan will play much better in test matches..shoaib has come back in his form.. tanvir has bowled well and lets hope he makes his test debut in this series... umar gul will be another bowler that india should look for in test matches.. as far as pakistan bating goes.. both younis and yousuf are in form.. butt is playing good and he needs a good partner up in the top order and if pakistan go with sarfaraz Ahmad then yasir hameed is going to get a chance.. the series is open it can go any where from here.. what i think pakistan is going to miss is a good spiner and the inclution of afridi to test matches would have help pakistan a little bit in thier spin department..but india has an edge in spin as they are going to make pitches for spiners..
Afridi was 2-223 at > 6 runs/over in the 4 ODI games he played. Didnt seem to trouble the Indian batsmen, and in tests Dravid. Laxman replace Uthappa, Yuraj.

AKkAz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer

I think that the bowling was about on par with Pakistan but the batting was quite superior, especially in the middle order where Dhoni and Yuvraj have pulled out consecutive hundred partnership stands.. Singh should definitely be playing in test matches as a rebuilder in case of a upper order collapse.. On the subject of test matches, it is unbelievable that Gambhir has been left out of the test squad..Are the selectors crazy?? :huh:

biased indian

International Coach
I think that the bowling was about on par with Pakistan but the batting was quite superior, especially in the middle order where Dhoni and Yuvraj have pulled out consecutive hundred partnership stands.. Singh should definitely be playing in test matches as a rebuilder in case of a upper order collapse.. On the subject of test matches, it is unbelievable that Gambhir has been left out of the test squad..Are the selectors crazy?? :huh:
They would have been crazy...if they took gambir in for his some what decent ODI form in place of 2 openers who performed decently in test aganist ENG

Congratulations to all Indians on a well deserved ODI series victory against Pakistan.Hoping Pakistan to do better & win Test series against India.