• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
As if Pakistan was full stength8-)
Yeah but the only front line bowler you guys rested was Akhtar. We rested RP, Zaheer, and Harbhajan. Had both sides been full strength, I am pretty sure we would've won.

Anyways, congrats on the win, 3-2 does look respectable. But I am just happy we won the series :), now to win the Tests as well :happy:.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah but the only front line bowler you guys rested was Akhtar. We rested RP, Zaheer, and Harbhajan. Had both sides been full strength, I am pretty sure we would've won.

Anyways, congrats on the win, 3-2 does look respectable. But I am just happy we won the series :), now to win the Tests as well :happy:.
We were without Younis and Afridi aswell.

So many 'VIP's during match presentation - its a subcontinental disease!

haroon510

International 12th Man
*ahem*

I didn't change my prediction at any point, I just said I'd like to see them win 4-1 (which after the first ODI I thought was very much possible) and was possible had India gone in full strength.

There is no way we're gonna win by resting 3 of our front line bowlers, even then we had a chance had Yuvraj not been a victim of that decision.
i thought apka sapna 5-0 ta... india kabi pakistan ku 5-0 hara nay sakta.. sapna de ka karo.. acha hai lol

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
*ahem*

I didn't change my prediction at any point, I just said I'd like to see them win 4-1 (which after the first ODI I thought was very much possible) and was possible
I hadn't seen your series prediction post earlier but your recent post did seem a fairly confident prediction to me which I am sure you would have bragged about had India won 4-1.

Turbo said:
As I said after the second one dayer, I was expecting 5-0, but am gonna' have to settle for 4-1.
So, basically, you would have bragged had India won 5-0, 4-1 or 3-2. :ph34r:

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
i thought apka sapna 5-0 ta... india kabi pakistan ku 5-0 hara nay sakta.. sapna de ka karo.. acha hai lol
8-)

Just to let you know we won the series 3-2, yet you still have the guts to come and "brag" about how India can't beat Pakistan 5-0, which has no relevance what so ever.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
I hadn't seen your series prediction post earlier but your recent post did seem a fairly confident prediction to me which I am sure you would have bragged about had India won 4-1.

So, basically, you would have bragged had India won 5-0, 4-1 or 3-2. :ph34r:
Once again wasn't a prediction, was a wish :p. Prediction was when I said 3-2. I don't change predictions :cool:.

EDIT: Plus as I said, I am more than confident we would've won 4-1 had both teams been full strength for this last ODI.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Yeah, should be a good series. Quitely confident that we will it. :)
Yup expecting 2-0 for India though I feel if Shoaib bowls outstandingly well in the first test then things could change dramatically and other guys might be able to feed off on Shoaib's confidence.

haroon510

International 12th Man
8-)

Just to let you know we won the series 3-2, yet you still have the guts to come and "brag" about how India can't beat Pakistan 5-0, which has no relevance what so ever.
i am not braging anything here.. i just said it is funny how u predict big things from india but the indian team gets it half done.. i can't forget ur predection of india vs Bang in world cup when i see ur predections.. it is funny seriously

as far as this series go well u said it in the other post..

there is alot of stuff going on with pakistani team right now.. not to forget the outside off field country situation of pakistan... it was a shame if indian didn't win this series.. first home advantage, pakistan cricket and team selection problems, and political situation of pakistan..not to forget the in form sachin who is just amazing...
one has to feel for pakistan players... if something like that was happening in my country and i was playing cricket outside the country.. i would never be able to concentrate in my game.. they did and the win two games.. and they need the credit instead of saying that india rested their main players.. like younis, shoaib and afridi doesn't count pakistan's main players..

haroon510

International 12th Man
So many 'VIP's during match presentation - its a subcontinental disease!
that is what happens if indian win a series lol... not to forget cricinfo.com will be full of topics and articles.. one thing is certain i won't go to that website for a couple of days untill the (phony) heat is off..

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
i am not braging anything here.. i just said it is funny how u predict big things from india but the indian team gets it half done.. i can't forget ur predection of india vs Bang in world cup when i see ur predections.. it is funny seriously

as far as this series go well u said it in the other post..

there is alot of stuff going on with pakistani team right now.. not to forget the outside off field country situation of pakistan... it was a shame if indian didn't win this series.. first home advantage, pakistan cricket and team selection problems, and political situation of pakistan..not to forget the in form sachin who is just amazing...
one has to feel for pakistan players... if something like that was happening in my country and i was playing cricket outside the country.. i would never be able to concentrate in my game.. they did and the win two games.. and they need the credit instead of saying that india rested their main players.. like younis, shoaib and afridi doesn't count pakistan's main players..
Umm once again my prediction was 3-2, and that's what happened, my WISH was for them to win 5-0, 4-1 which IMO they should have seeing how weak a team Pakistan is.

And secondly, you're still commenting on that WC prediction of mine, news flash for you buddy, that happened long time ago get over it, since then a lot of my predictions have come true INCLUDING this one right here.

I am pretty darn "gun", admit it :cool:.

Xuhaib

International Coach
that is what happens if indian win a series lol... not to forget cricinfo.com will be full of topics and articles.. one thing is certain i won't go to that website for a couple of days untill the (phony) heat is off..
Forget it bro they played better throughonut so they deserved the series win more then us. More then the win the thing that pleased me the most today was the intent and positive energy shown by the team, I am sure the non presence of Akmal had something to do with it.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Afridi omission surprising
From Rehan Siddiqui

17 November 2007

KARACHI — Pakistan's charismatic all rounder, Shahid Afridi, was surprisingly left out of the 15-member squad to face India in three-Test series starting later this month.

"Shahid Afridi has not been picked in the Test squad due to dip in his form and the selectors have no alternative, but to leave him out of the squad. He should try to regain form by playing in the domestic season," Chief Selector, Salahuddin Ahmed told Khaleej Times yesterday.

But Khaleej Times understands that Afridi did ask Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) not to consider him for Test series, citing neither he was mentally nor physically attuned for the rigours of the longer version of the game.

However, this correspondent had learnt that that the major cause of Afridi's omission has been the cold war that existed between him and skipper, Shoaib Malik, who it is reported had opposed Afridi's inclusion in the Test squad.

Despite persuasion by the PCB to remain with the squad, Afridi was adamant and the board reluctantly accepted the all rounder's request and holder of world record of hitting the fastest ODI hundred.