• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
What are the rules surrounding squad changes?
Squads are only board official which means they can be changed at any time if the board decide.

At least...I think that is the case.

PS: The Indian squad for tomorrow has been announced a while back - it is the same squad.

jeevan

International 12th Man
There is no point in not trying to win the series 4-1.

Letting Pakistan win will make them feel so much better going into the test matches. A 4-1 defeat is much worse than 3-2 which looks so very close.

India wont make more than one change in the batting order if at all. Winning the game is important.
AWTA. India need ODI momentum for the Pakistan tests, and that momentum for Australia. (The entire cricketing world needs that to be competitive.)

Think Sreesanth could be that change, to get him into playing rhythm prior to the tests. In place of RP or likely the 7th bat (Sehwag or Uthappa). Very unlikely to be brought in for Pathan.

The rest of the test squad (Laxman, Kumble, Dravid,Jaffer, Karthik) are all playing Ranji FC, Sreesanth,Kartik are the only ones warming the bench.

Last edited:

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Cricinfo says differently.
No it doesn't.

I said, India wont make more than one change in the batting order if at all. and that line up of cricinfo has just one change in the batting order, Rohit Sharma for Ganguly.

Whats different. In fact, when I said one change it was because I thought Rohit Sharma might geta chance either at the cost of Ganguly or Sehwag.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
No it doesn't.

I said, India wont make more than one change in the batting order if at all. and that line up of cricinfo has just one change in the batting order, Rohit Sharma for Ganguly.

Whats different. In fact, when I said one change it was because I thought Rohit Sharma might geta chance either at the cost of Ganguly or Sehwag.
Sorry, misread your post.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Pakistan batted well, put over 300 on the board. India reeling 4 down now for 66 on the board. Struggling.

Tendulkar was looking a million dollars again until he was dismissed. Sehwag, Uthappa and Gambhir were pretty awful, particularly Uthappa. Dropped at first slip and two balls later plays the same shot and is this time caught.

nightprowler10

Global Moderator
Yeah, SS bowled very well after the first three wayward overs. Yuvi and Sharma are playing well at the moment. Evenly poised I would say.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Anyone know why Shoaib's not playing?

If he's not injured, I would've thought that fatso needs all the work he can get before the test series

Xuhaib

International Coach
Anyone know why Shoaib's not playing?

If he's not injured, I would've thought that fatso needs all the work he can get before the test series
Cant afford to risk the Fatso in a dead game before a huge test series.

Last edited:

Xuhaib

International Coach
Good game for Malik he definetley needed it just before the test series now lets hope things just get better for him.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Where are the Indian fans? Turbs... 4-1?

BTW to my Pakistani friends... we still won the series. :p

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Where are the Indian fans? Turbs... 4-1?

BTW to my Pakistani friends... we still won the series. :p
No no no no no! I meant Sehwag should replace Karthik in ODIs, not Tests of course.

My dream come true for this series would be Sreesanth and Sachin (two most regularly bashed Indian players on PakPassion) destroying Pakistan :p.

My prediction:

ODIs: 3-2 India
Tests: 1-0 India
*ahem*

I didn't change my prediction at any point, I just said I'd like to see them win 4-1 (which after the first ODI I thought was very much possible) and was possible had India gone in full strength.

There is no way we're gonna win by resting 3 of our front line bowlers, even then we had a chance had Yuvraj not been a victim of that decision.

Xuhaib

International Coach
*ahem*

I didn't change my prediction at any point, I just said I'd like to see them win 4-1 (which after the first ODI I thought was very much possible) and was possible had India gone in full strength.

There is no way we're gonna win by resting 3 of our front line bowlers, even then we had a chance had Yuvraj not been a victim of that decision.
As if Pakistan was full stength8-)