• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

TheEpic

School Boy/Girl Captain
I feel sorry for Maharoof. He had Jaques in all sorts of bother at the start of the day. Definitely very unlucky to get absolutely nothing, cos he didn't bowl badly at all.

Fernando on the other hand...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Hmm seems the pitch was giving assistance in the morning session but SL bowlers unable to take a wicket. Perhaps Vaas would have struck with his skill and intelligence?

Another silly ploy in this attempt to mould Fernando into the leader of the attack.
This pitch was a batting Paradise compared to the Gabba ...where had Malinga played I am certain SL would have definitely done better ...Although all the bowlers bowled very well thru first session Luck was with the Aussies as they survived through some good spells at the start of the day....

Unfortunately..the lucky country rides the Luck ....SL better pray for Rain and try strategies to slow the scoring rate of the Aussies...that's the only way they will save this one... Murali definitely not going to get another bowl at the Aussies after this innings...and possibly never again in a Test Down Under....Will have to wait for Vaughan and Collingwood and co for his wicket 708 and 709...

Losing by a few wickets or runs as far as the Lankans are concerned will be an improvement....and something they will surely be proud of...:laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I feel sorry for Maharoof. He had Jaques in all sorts of bother at the start of the day. Definitely very unlucky to get absolutely nothing, cos he didn't bowl badly at all.

Fernando on the other hand...
Fernando on the other hand...gave away runs but still got the breakthru ...and he does pick wickets....regardless...

Athlai

Not Terrible
you reckon his record of 24 wickets in 20 tests is all due to poor catching...?

Perhaps Murali would be at 900 by now...then...:)
Well he would've picked up quite a few wickets from this series so far, wouldn't you agree?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Loving how 'Ponting is the best player of Murali' has just faded away. Clarke or Hussey could be in with a shout though, he's never dismissed either.

Craig

World Traveller
He hasn't quite cashed the way some of his team mates have but I'd back him to get runs if we're in trouble at any point this summer.

And I think it says something for Punter's performances over the past few years that two innings of 56 and 31 are considered relative failures.
I wasn't entirely being serious :p

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lol at Mark Nicholas- "Fancy casting doubt on some of the ICC's decisions"

Clarke brings up 50 as I type, he's played very well today.

pup11

International Coach
Good partnership this between Clarke and Hussey but once again this annoying rain interrupts the game! :furious:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Loving how 'Ponting is the best player of Murali' has just faded away. Clarke or Hussey could be in with a shout though, he's never dismissed either.
Did anyone actually say he was the best player of Murali? People said he was had the best statistical record, which was a factual statement (in a manner of speaking) that is no longer true. I don't think Ponting was ever "the best" at playing Murali, but he generally plays him very well, and I don't think the last two innings changes that.

Craig

World Traveller
Good partnership this between Clarke and Hussey but once again this annoying rain interrupts the game! :furious:
Fair go, it has been a national draught for the last five years so we need the rain we can get. I know I don't like it as the rest of us, but it isn't as though it is a torrential downpour.

Matteh

For me, the Sri Lankan bowling attack are about as effective as tearing down the old walls of Jerusalem with a blunt pencil.

Athlai

Not Terrible
actually Ponting is pretty good vs Kumble and i think stats wise is the best batsman against Murali in tests :laugh:
Ponting generally owns him though. Probably plays him better than almost anyone else.
etc.

Yet I still raise the point that despite the stats having looked as though Ponting was statistically the best player of Murali, Ponting had still been dismissed by him, while the likes of Clarke and Hussey for example have not, so would statistically be the best players of him. Just hard stats to get.

It's been a great battle between the two of them thus far.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
Did anyone actually say he was the best player of Murali? People said he was had the best statistical record, which was a factual statement (in a manner of speaking) that is no longer true. I don't think Ponting was ever "the best" at playing Murali, but he generally plays him very well, and I don't think the last two innings changes that.
Lehmann always was, to my untrained eye, the best player of Murali I'd ever clapped eyes on. I've never really held faith in Ponting to absolutely whale on spin, only to negate it while he maximised his genius against pace. Especially away from home.

I'm going to look silly come the Pakistan tour. :ph34r:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Lehman during Australia's last tour to SL was regarded as the best Australian player against Murali...given this was in conditions Murali would be expected to be on top...

Murali always regarded Lara as the best player of his bowling and had frequently said so...Since Lara made 2 double centuries against SL in SL against Murali...which no one else has managed...

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Aleem Dar arrives albeit late while Bucknor fails to appear for the series they were initially scheduled to officiate together....something for other Test playing nations to consider...if they do not like the Officials appointed for a series...just plainly refuse visas or delay their visas under the guise of bureacratic red tape....Other Cricket Boards take note...:)

Johnners

Aleem Dar arrives albeit late while Bucknor fails to appear for the series they were initially scheduled to officiate together....something for other Test playing nations to consider...if they do not like the Officials appointed for a series...just plainly refuse visas or delay their visas under the guise of bureacratic red tape....Other Cricket Boards take note...:)
Oh ffs you really are ridiculous 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-) 8-)

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
The rain is a conspiracy by Sri Lanka btw. They have bribed god.