• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's times like this that bowlers must really fancy Ponting for the LBWs; his head's falling right over to the off side and his bat's way out in front of him. Trouble is, if you bowl too many at his pads he'll murder you.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Sri Lanka have been unlucky not to pick up more wickets this morning...although luck often = preparation, and I think there's a reason the Aussies hit the stumps more than most in run out situations.

I was just going to criticise them for not bowling Murali, and then turned around and realised they were! :happy:

pup11

International Coach
It would be interesting to see how Jaques handles Murali this time around because he was all at sea against him at the Gabba.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Is Jaques renowned as a dodgy runner/caller? Twice he's been gone in 3 overs.
Nah he's just slow between the sticks. Haydos out-paces him despite being probably 20 kg heavier and almost 10 years older.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Murali looked to be bowling a little short for me. Jaques playing him with too much aggro, aside from the one that turned past the edge.

Looking ominous for SL, I'd say. Bowled well, but Oz still 86/1 at lunch. You'd have to say on the figures Oz have shaded it, although it didn't feel like it early on.

pasag

RTDAS
Don't know why everones on Maharoof's back, he was always going to play, bowled aswell as anyone could've expected in Brisbane really and he did anything but "instantly release the pressure".
Playing Fernando over Vaas however...that was a mistake....the openers are bowling superbly...now imagine if they had Vaas and Murali to come on after and keep it up....however instead Fernando will come on and like at Brisbane Australia will take charge.
Context. Was written after the second over, Malinga started off brilliantly and Mahroof came on and did release the pressure with bowling that didn't compare.

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
pasag said:
Context. Was written after the second over, Malinga started off brilliantly and Mahroof came on and did release the pressure with bowling that didn't compare.
Asking a bit much to expect Malinga's partner to mirror him, though. Anything less than Vaas on song would be a pressure valve by comparison.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Different Venue - Same old story....few wickets...Australia well set...planning One Innings only(batting wise) strategy against Sri Lanka....:laugh:

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Worried about Maharoofs Strike rate ....please keep an eye on it everyone...I am expecting it to touch 150 before the end of this Test...:laugh:

He should go into the record books as the only bowler with a strike rate > 150 (soon) after 20 tests still to continue playing Test Cricket and open the bowling attack for a Test playing Nation.....:laugh:

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Worried about Maharoofs Strike rate ....please keep an eye on it everyone...I am expecting it to touch 150 before the end of this Test...:laugh:

He should go into the record books as the only bowler with a strike rate > 150 (soon) after 20 tests still to continue playing Test Cricket and open the bowling attack for a Test playing Nation.....:laugh:
He's bowled pretty well this morning though...been a little bit unlucky.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Maharoof to get Ponting.

EDIT: Well I hope so anyway. Is bowling well and firing up. Gun Roofers!

chalky

International Debutant
You wonder were the next wicket is coming from Australia looking really strong.

Looks like Malinga has a difficult bouncer to pick up none of the batsmen has really timed the pull shot well against him.