• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

JBH001

International Regular
Bayliss has no vote when it comes to selections.

Although he is allowed to voice his opinion and preferences.

I dont know what Mahela's stand on the issue was.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
But when you've got a bloke who strikes at a wicket about every 48 balls for less than 31 apiece it's madness not to have him in your XI.
Especially since he's bowling more economically than that these days and his stats are on the way down.

Yup, picking Malinga might not having won them the first Test but it's hardly putting their best foot forward either.

JBH001

International Regular
Nah no way. Bellerive is a spinner's graveyard. It's a road for the whole Test even if it went for 8 days.
Is it? Hmmm, I just have a feeling that Murali will go alright in this game - that he will bowl well and take wickets (unlike in Brisbane). Though to do so I think he will have to abandon his half of the time stock bowler role and attack the Australian batsmen throughout their innings' - even if he does go for a few in the process.

pup11

International Coach
I think he may have attended the 'Steve and Mark Waugh School Of Running Between Wickets' from 1998-2001.
Well that might be true :laugh:, but truth be told Jaques is not a very good athlete and his running between the wickets and his fielding standard clearly confirms that.