• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

pasag

RTDAS
Not sure about the Vaas decsion, he may not be as good as before but I still think he's better that Mahroof and Fernado, even past his peak. And if we go by Goughy's 'Do what the opposition don't want you to do' rule, I'd certainly have him in the side.

Anyways, good news on Sangas, we were robbed of watching a magnifcent batsmen play in the first Test so at least we get an opporunity before the end of the tour now. Malinga back in and Murali fired up will hopefully make this a top contest.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sooooo.......

Bring in Malinga and Sangakkara but drop Vaas and retain Maharoof? Interesting move. Can only think it's because of his batting but Vaas isn't a bunny.

pasag

RTDAS
Well, unless Malinga picks up 3 early wickets, call me on Sunday when Australia start bowling.
I reckon he'll trouble Jaques and Hayden early. Hayden will survive it, Jaques won't.

Mahroof comes on and instantly releases the pressure.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Greig's just said on the comm that Vaas has a niggle in his shoulder, so I guess if it was a tight call that would've tipped the balance against him.

Malinga bowling v well first up, beat Hayden's outside edge with one that went away from the left-hander. Staggering he wasn't picked for the first.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Jaques not looking too comfy out there just now. Maharoof beats him past the outside edge there. Shot looked a bit expansive for so early on in an innings.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Jaques not looking too comfy out there just now. Maharoof beats him past the outside edge there. Shot looked a bit expansive for so early on in an innings.
Hayden not looking good too. That was out as well as hot spot shows. Jason to respond.

iamdavid

International Debutant
I reckon he'll trouble Jaques and Hayden early. Hayden will survive it, Jaques won't.

Mahroof comes on and instantly releases the pressure.
Don't know why everones on Maharoof's back, he was always going to play, bowled aswell as anyone could've expected in Brisbane really and he did anything but "instantly release the pressure".
Playing Fernando over Vaas however...that was a mistake....the openers are bowling superbly...now imagine if they had Vaas and Murali to come on after and keep it up....however instead Fernando will come on and like at Brisbane Australia will take charge.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Seriously, why in the world do they keep not picking Malinga? They did this before too.
Can only imagine it's an inherent conservatism on the selectors' parts. They obviously prefer the nominal security of the extra runs Maharoof would supposedly bring to the table and might quail because of his high RR against.

But when you've got a bloke who strikes at a wicket about every 48 balls for less than 31 apiece it's madness not to have him in your XI.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
SL can't afford drops and decisions not going their way. Though Aus should put up a big total, I hope they do have to at least bat twice.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Can only imagine it's an inherent conservatism on the selectors' parts. They obviously prefer the nominal security of the extra runs Maharoof would supposedly bring to the table and might quail because of his high RR against.

But when you've got a bloke who strikes at a wicket about every 48 balls for less than 31 apiece it's madness not to have him in your XI.
Agreed. I can understand if they were facing someone in SL. But they are facing Australia in Australia! I'd find every expensive bloke who could run through lineups and put him on the team IMO. May not be good for the team in the long run, but you gotta do it for a series where you pretty much don't have any shot unless you play completely out of your skins.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also, I think Murali will take a number of wickets (6 - 10) in this test.
Nah no way. Bellerive is a spinner's graveyard. It's a road for the whole Test even if it went for 8 days.