• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hi everyone I am new here. I am from New Zealand (originally from India).:)

What happened to Simon Katich? He is good batsman with great ability against spin (he did well against India in 2004). Macgill was cannon fodder against the Indians & will be the same again.

Can anyone please help - does anyone have a full recording of VVS Laxman's innings in Calcutta in 2001 & at Sydney in 2004 (even highlights of this one would be great). I am also looking for highlights & full recording of the India Australia series of 1998 (the famous one between Warne & Tendulkar).
Not sure they've invented 20 hour tapes yet.

Laurrz

International Debutant
Hi everyone I am new here. I am from New Zealand (originally from India).:)

What happened to Simon Katich? He is good batsman with great ability against spin (he did well against India in 2004). Macgill was cannon fodder against the Indians & will be the same again.

Can anyone please help - does anyone have a full recording of VVS Laxman's innings in Calcutta in 2001 & at Sydney in 2004 (even highlights of this one would be great). I am also looking for highlights & full recording of the India Australia series of 1998 (the famous one between Warne & Tendulkar).
i miss katman :( carving up in domestic atm

he would be handy for tours to Pak and India next year!

burr

State Vice-Captain
Can anyone please help - does anyone have a full recording of VVS Laxman's innings in Calcutta in 2001 & at Sydney in 2004
Ahh, now they would be good to own. The great VVS, is he currently in the test side and will he be touring Aus this summer??? :unsure: Please say yes :)

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Ahh, now they would be good to own. The great VVS, is he currently in the test side and will he be touring Aus this summer??? :unsure: Please say yes :)
He's in the Test squad at the moment for the upcoming series against Pakistan, so hopefully this means we'll get to see him in Australia next month. :)

iamdavid

International Debutant
Yes...But I fear he's not hanging on by much, one poor series will be all it takes sadly, with Yuvraj breathing down his neck.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Laxman will be alright because Asif is likely not going to play in the upcoming Pakistan tour, so unless he absolutely bombs he should do enough to hold his position, at least for the Australian test series.

If Asif had played, we would have seen a lot of:
Laxman b Asif 2 (18)

...and Yuvraj would be coming in at number 6 for India at the Gabba.

pup11

International Coach
As i said before judging MacGilla just on the basis of the Brisbane test wouldn't be fair i think since the Australian selectors have shown faith in him he should play in all the test matches this summer and after that we can come to decision whether we should presist with him or not.

chalky

International Debutant
Really looking forward to tonights play - managed to get Friday & Monday off work so hopefully should be able to stay up all night (will try to study whilst watching) for the 1st 4 days. For me watching test cricket in Australia is the highlight of the cricket calender - the quality of pitches & the opposition generally means that only quality players succeed.

Hopefully for this match Sri lanka's big guns fire - Murali, Malinga, Jayawardena etc & Sri Lanka can be competative.

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
I might tune in tonight but of course with my TV on mute... Last time I had the 9 team on, Mark Nicholas said Jehan Mubarak was an exceptional talent who was getting held back. :laugh:

Woodster

International Captain
For the sake of this Test match, I hope Jayawardene wins the toss and has a bat. If the Aussies bat first, the all too predictable scenario of them piling on hundreds of runs for limited wickets lost resulting in only two possible results after day one - draw or Aussie win.

Here's hoping SL get first batting use of the track and pile some pressure on Ponting and his men with a substantial 1st innings total, which will mainly be thanks to Kumar Sangakkara.