• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
agree with u.. i was supprised to see afridi up the order actualy.. in a way kamran akmal and butt they are giving pakistan a good start despite kamran's poor form with gloves ...then why they change the opening pair while chasing a leser target than thier last match..
Its because, the pitch condition is deterioting and 3rd ODI pitch is more bowler friendly than the 2 nd ODI. Pakistan wanted Afridi to give massive start something around 100 in 13 overs...

haroon510

International 12th Man
I would rather recall sami, whus been in a very good form in domestic cricket
oh noo lol out of form shabbir ahmad is much better than sami.. sami was leaking runs in fast and bouncy pitches in SA last year.. can u imagin him in india in spin wickets playing against guys like Sachin, yuvraj and Gambir..it would be a total dissaster... i checked the the match of karachi vs sialkot in which sami took 8 wickets in the second innings.. one thing i notice was that it was played in Karachi where the pitch help fast bowlers.. the number of bowld and lbw on that match proves that the ball kept low as usuall in karachi..

indian pitches won't be the same as karachi..

i think if not shabbir then pakistan should try someone new.. Samiullah Niazi has been in pretty decent form lately.. he has a wonderful first class average (19 in 38 matches) and like sohail tanveer he is left arm... maybe he would make an impect and supprise indian batsmans.

he has been pretty consistant with his performance by picking up two to three wickets in every innings in qaidi Azam trophy so far and his best performance has been this one just recently

http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/pakistan/engine/match/313866.html

shortpitched713

International Captain
If we want to go with a real youngster (younger than me in fact) though, I think we should look at Asad Ali. He has very good first class and one day averages and looks to be in superb form in domestic cricket at the moment.

Last edited:

AKkAz

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
This is clearly the best batting line up for India at the moment...the strength goes all the wayd won to Pathan...We definitely need to work on our bowling and fielding...Harbhajan-- Bring out the DOOSRA!!

mollyfud

Cricket Spectator
Its because, the pitch condition is deterioting and 3rd ODI pitch is more bowler friendly than the 2 nd ODI. Pakistan wanted Afridi to give massive start something around 100 in 13 overs...
The Quick start is just becoming more and more important and of course if Afridi gets going, he is magic to watch. You would have to think that T20 will continue to push the ODI starts up and up. Think about it, some sides are making 160/200 in T20. Thats the same time as the fielding restrictions start at (almost) in ODI, only thing going the other way is that the good bowlers can bowl more overs. I am looking forward to the next game.
Molly

shortpitched713

International Captain

haroon510

International 12th Man
Clearly not as good of a one day record though.

Although I agree that his inclusion to the side wouldn't be a bad idea. Would rather give him his debut in a Test as that is his better form.
i don't think it is gone happen but right now it would be a perfect time for him to be tried.. pakistan have shoaib and gul who they are going to depend on...so he won't be used as a main bowler which would add alot of pressure on someone who plays his first game..

Arajasingh

Cricket Spectator
Hi I am new here. I live in New Zealand.

Could anyone please help me - I am looking for either full recordings or highlights of the following

VVS Laxmans knock at Calcutta against Australia 2001 - full recording
VVS against Aussies - Sydney 2004 - full or highlight recording
India Aussie series 1998 - full or highlights.

I would really appreciate any of these. I have the 2001 series highlights, 2000 England oDI final full match, 2003 worldcup against Pakistan full match etc. I also have 2005 Ashes series 5 CD set. Happy to trade.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
India squad for first two Tests
  • 1 Dinesh Karthik,
  • 2 Wasim Jaffer,
  • 3 Rahul Dravid,
  • 4 Sachin Tendulkar,
  • 5 Sourav Ganguly,
  • 6 VVS Laxman,
  • 7 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk),
  • 8 Anil Kumble (capt),
  • 9 Harbhajan Singh,
  • 10 Zaheer Khan,
  • 11 Sreesanth,
  • 12 Yuvraj Singh,
  • 13 RP Singh,
  • 14 Murali Kartik.

shortpitched713

International Captain
India squad for first two Tests
  • 1 Dinesh Karthik,
  • 2 Wasim Jaffer,
  • 3 Rahul Dravid,
  • 4 Sachin Tendulkar,
  • 5 Sourav Ganguly,
  • 6 VVS Laxman,
  • 7 Mahendra Singh Dhoni (wk),
  • 8 Anil Kumble (capt),
  • 9 Harbhajan Singh,
  • 10 Zaheer Khan,
  • 11 Sreesanth,
  • 12 Yuvraj Singh,
  • 13 RP Singh,
  • 14 Murali Kartik.
As a Pakistan fan, I have to say that that opening combination looks absolutely delectable. :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah I reckon Sachin and Ganguly will have a pretty good series with the ball too.

And we all remember how Younis did when he got given the new ball in the last test series.

:p