• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*** Official *** Pakistan in India

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I know about the hyper extension - this is not it.
that's upto you, really. I can't seem to find that channel 4 video I am talking about but I am pretty sure his is a clean action.....

Good to see India not slip up when in a comfortable position, for once. Pakistan lost the game in the 30-40th over of the first innings, when Dhoni and Yuvi kinda went berserk. They were playing catch up all along after that and also while batting in the 20-30 over period, because of Harbhajan and some other reasons, they allowed the asking rate to climb...

Anyways, India still have glaring holes in their bowling line up.. I understand Perm and Prince saying how 3 left armers should not be a problem since 3 right armers generally isn't but the real problem is there are more right hand batters than left hand batters and left arm over the wicket to right handers just becomes a tad more predictable for the batsmen. If there were more left hand batsmen, then yes, 3 right armers would also be a problem because the angle and the variations seem to be minimized in that line. Just look at how easy it was for Afridi and Misbah to be able to predetermine their shots at Mohali against these guys... May not be a problem during the initial overs but definitely in the slog overs, it is a HUGE problem. And no sir, RP, Zak and Irfan are NOT THAT better than Sree....

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
It's funny how Akhtar never wears short sleeves though. He's always spotted wearing sleeves that cover his elbow. Not suggesting anything, just seems interesting to me, that's all.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
It's funny how Akhtar never wears short sleeves though. He's always spotted wearing sleeves that cover his elbow. Not suggesting anything, just seems interesting to me, that's all.
yeah, so does Harbhajan, for that matter.....
Haha, I wouldn't read too much into that. You're just searching for things now IMO. My guess would be that they just prefer long sleeves. Much like how I always wear an undershirt when I play cricket, even in 45 degree heat.

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, I wouldn't read too much into that. You're just searching for things now IMO. My guess would be that they just prefer long sleeves. Much like how I always wear an undershirt when I play cricket, even in 45 degree heat.
Haha yeah same, I need either my under armour or an undershirt with me at all times, no matter what.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
that's upto you, really. I can't seem to find that channel 4 video I am talking about but I am pretty sure his is a clean action.....
It might have been a long time ago - but it has certainly changed. I'll try to find videos of him in 2003 and now and I'll bet there will be a noticeable difference.

biased indian

International Coach
Ramiz Raja while doing hindi commentry in DD said that

every thing in the world changes nothing is constant..except..the way afridi bats thats not going to change ever :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hasn't been mentioned here I believe, but apprently Asif is out of the whole Indian tour.

Massive blow, in particular with the tests. I'm very confident India will get up now.

haroon510

International 12th Man
Opening with Afridi is a crime especially at a time when we don't have the insurance of Razzaq down the order.
agree with u.. i was supprised to see afridi up the order actualy.. in a way kamran akmal and butt they are giving pakistan a good start despite kamran's poor form with gloves ...then why they change the opening pair while chasing a leser target than thier last match..

CrazY GirL

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
the very good thing is Kami ruled out of the whole series (not sure abt tests bt onedayers for sure) yasir gonna keep in the 4th oneday and then sarfaraz will b there !!! I think he really got injurd otherwise there was no chance oh dropping him our captain is his biggest fan!!!

CrazY GirL

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
agree with u.. i was supprised to see afridi up the order actualy.. in a way kamran akmal and butt they are giving pakistan a good start despite kamran's poor form with gloves ...then why they change the opening pair while chasing a leser target than thier last match..
exactly the difference between the 2nd n 3rd match was afridi!!! if afridi wud have come down the order we wud have won!! I think we did so many mistakes that we didnt deserve to win , kami was poor , afridi shudnt have come up the order, playing rehman was a mistake , pak's fielding (yuvraj's catch cost us the match those 40 runs), yusuf's running between the wktz , younis' bad shot selection and etc!!! Pak has to learn

Xuhaib

International Coach
Hasn't been mentioned here I believe, but apprently Asif is out of the whole Indian tour.

Massive blow, in particular with the tests. I'm very confident India will get up now.
Yea saw an interview where he said that doctors are recommending him a surgery for his elbow. The injury has been troubling him for past 6 months and since the 20/20 cup he's been on pain killers.

Manee

Cricketer Of The Year
yeah, so does Harbhajan, for that matter.....
They wear 3/4s most of the times. It is clearly since both chuck the ball at various points during most of their spells.

Blunt but true, Harbhajan's doosra is always chucked (it is why he does not bowl it anymore) and Shoaib Akhtar chucks the ball whenever he does not get sufficient chest drive through his action. There is a case that the latter is perhaps a side effect of his hyperextention and the effort in which he puts in at delivery though.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Series nicely poised with Indian winning the third. I would really like Kamran being replaced by another wickie who is coming over for the 4th ODI. Please.. no more Akmal