• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Craig

World Traveller
Would be surprised if Ponting enforces the follow on here. Given that MacGill was getting a fair bit of turn, I don't think they'd fancy batting last on this pitch against Murali, and Ponting hardly has a record of enforcing it.

Edit: Well. consider me surprised.
Yeah they are scarred for life after Kolkata in 2001 when Laxman and Dravid went crazy. However with a 340 run lead it would probably be enough for them anyway. Disgraceful bt Sri Lanka really, the mindset should be, if Australia can get the runs then why can't we?

JBH001

International Regular
Jeez I dont know how Marvan will shape up in this innings. He has barely had a break and must be exhausted lol!

sideshowtim

Banned
Yeah they are scarred for life after Kolkata in 2001 when Laxman and Dravid went crazy. However with a 340 run lead it would probably be enough for them anyway. Disgraceful bt Sri Lanka really, the mindset should be, if Australia can get the runs then why can't we?
Their batsmen aren't anywhere near as good as ours TBH.

You could make the argument that India's were.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be surprised if Ponting enforces the follow on here. Given that MacGill was getting a fair bit of turn, I don't think they'd fancy batting last on this pitch against Murali, and Ponting hardly has a record of enforcing it.

Edit: Well, consider me surprised.
Thing is though, the are still 350 runs behind, that's 150 more than they scored in the 1st innings.

Craig

World Traveller
Their batsmen aren't anywhere near as good as ours TBH.

You could make the argument that India's were.
But they aren't hacks either. If it were me in the Sri Lankan dressing room, I would be trying to make them think that so they don't think about the total and go out and bat. I'm not knocking the Australian bowling line-up but without Warne and McGrath it is/was a bog opportunity to do well and make a name for themselves. This is a positive mindset. Pretty much if it were me I would be encouraging them to keep it simple, that was more in the context of my post :)

Obviously not having Sanga there is massive blow if he is fit for Hobart I would imagine Vandort would be history.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
All I ask is a Jayasuriya special. Even if SL don't make Australia bat again, I'd love a Sanath ton. :)

JBH001

International Regular
I cant bear to follow this test anymore - its too damn stressful.

Gonna go play BF 2 for a couple of hours and then log back on to find out if the worst has happened...

Craig

World Traveller
Sri Lanka 0/34, it would in all honesty be a good thing if Sri Lanka can make Australia again and build a sizeable lead as well.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Geez, Bing Lee is an idiot, raising your finger with the umpire, sorry son, all it does is make you look like the tosser you really are.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Blah blah blah Symonds' batting. Blah blah blah Symonds' bowling.

All of you can shut up really.

Days of Grace

International Captain
Was a rubbish ball that should have gone to the fine leg boundary. Absolute dire from Symonds really and he should be dropped from the second test lineup if he gets another wicket with a ball like that.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Geez, Bing Lee is an idiot, raising your finger with the umpire, sorry son, all it does is make you look like the tosser you really are.
Wake up, son.
Was a rubbish ball that should have gone to the fine leg boundary. Absolute dire from Symonds really and he should be dropped from the second test lineup if he gets another wicket with a ball like that.
Haha geez, aren't you the model of happiness

In other news, Kerry O'Keefe is gun, nearly fell of the mower laughing at him tbh.

Craig

World Traveller
Wake up, son.
Sorry Yoda.

I'm not an Australian fan and if I were I wouldn't be a biased one. I state what I think and I like a good contest.

Not the best last over by MacGill IMO, where three four balls should of been put away.

Brilliant catch by Ponting but a loose shot by Jayasuriya.