• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fantastic bowling from Lee, deserved 5-fer really imo. Hoping Ponting enforces the following on tbh.

sideshowtim

Banned
Fantastic bowling from Lee, deserved 5-fer really imo. Hoping Ponting enforces the following on tbh.
Agree. And with the unpredictable Brisbane weather, it'd probably be the smartest thing to do. Even if Lanka do pass 350, we should be able to manage a chase of 100 comfortably. Murali or no Murali.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Would be surprised if Ponting enforces the follow on here. Given that MacGill was getting a fair bit of turn, I don't think they'd fancy batting last on this pitch against Murali, and Ponting hardly has a record of enforcing it.

Edit: Well, consider me surprised.

Last edited:

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
I think its about time we got over the fear of enforcing the follow on after that Indian game - that said, I want to see the Aussies bat again because the Sri Lankans won't make them.

sideshowtim

Banned
Would be surprised if Ponting enforces the follow on here. Given that MacGill was getting a fair bit of turn, I don't think they'd fancy batting last on this pitch against Murali, and Ponting hardly has a record of enforcing it.

Edit: Well. consider me surprised.
Follow on enforced. lol.

JBH001

International Regular
Cricinfo says that Ponting will enforce the follow on.

Good decision I think. I think SL will be out for under 300 and MacGill will probably take a 5 bag if the wicket is starting to turn and grip. I dont see SL getting past 350, but if they do and set Australia a target I dont think they will be too bothered by Murali - if chasing a small total.

Edit/ Beaten.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sanga-less SL batting line-up is so :(

Pretty pathetic from SL on that batting track. Hopefully they put in a better performance this innings.