• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
50 to marvellous Marvan, well played (y)

Oh, and how awesome are Brett Lee's figures, 2-17 from just 16 overs. Deserves a few more wickets imo.

Bracken

U19 Debutant
You create more chances you increase the chances of getting poor decision going your way. You create no chances, you limit your chances for getting poor decisions your way.

Umpires are just useless where ever they umpire. Its just that when Australia play they create more chances so they get more poor decision there way. But the percentage is the same for all countries really.
He speaks the truth.

JBH001

International Regular
Bugger.

Commendable innings by Marvan, no tests for 2 years, hardly any first class play recently and he comes in and grinds it out. Kudos to him.

I watched him all day today until the drinks break in the afternoon session (he was 51 unbeaten at the time) and like jono and prince really enjoyed it. Its good seeing good technique allied to great application and determination - too many flashy players around these days! :p

SL out for under 250 and Australia to enforce the follow on (because of the weather).

JBH001

International Regular
Malinga is a wicket taker ...on Day 1 he would have made inroads ie a couple of early wickets which would have made a real difference... At least Sri Lanka would have had a chance to stay even instead of the current position..

I have to disagree with you Malinga may get tonked a little but he does invariably induce the mistakes or breaks thru with his fast toe crunchers...and Vaas and Dilhara look different when he is around...
Fair enough I guess. The attack would certainly have been more varied if he had been in the side (in place of Dilhara) and he might have made an all important breakthrough with the Australian top 3 on the first day. I guess my point was that from a second day perspective he would have been smashed around because he has little variety in his bowling in terms of seam or swing (due to his action). Any fancy stuff he does usually comes about as a result of the surface or conditions or his pace allied to his action (the latter especially would not trouble top quality batsmen of the kind Australia consistently possessed once they get their eye in). But I do agree with you that he would have made a difference to the attack and would have been potent on the first day (just another traditional 'might have been' for SL supporters I guess).

ok , I may have been a bit harsh on Murali ...but the wicket tally still is only 2 .
Yep. 2/170 in case you forgot. Like I said earlier, I dont see Murali passing Warne in this series - he may get close in Hobart, but his cause is not helped when it seems likely he will bowl only once at the Australians in a test. But its one of the things about cricket that you can bowl well and not get wickets - especially if the batsmen you bowl to are of the highest quality and the surface gives you little assistance. Its not so much that Murali bowled badly for 2 wickets (he didn't except towards the end of his spell when Clarke and Symonds took to him) but that the Australians played him very well indeed.

And Macgill will show him up today , IMO, as he will end up with more than just 2 -possibly 4 or 5.
MacGill might have taken a 10 for but he still lacks half the class and talent of Murali.

And at the time of writing he has conceded 61 runs in just under 20 overs for no reward despite having almost everything possible going his way (barring those dropped chances). He may yet clean up the tail and take those 3 - 4 wickets but Murali has outbowled him (so far) in this test match, though the figures may not reflect that fact. I dont get your negativity sometimes jason, towards everything and everybody else and worse, your own team.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
Sri Lanka look set to be all out under 250 - That should mean Australia likely to enforce follow on........If Sri Lanka get past 300 (which seems unlikely at the present time...Ponting might be a bit edgy ....as they may have to face Murali on a day 5 pitch ...even if it was for a very small target...(although the way SL batsman are batting it may be not needed..):)

JBH001

International Regular
And MacGill finally gets a wicket. Should probably clean up now with the end of the tail left. Some good bowling on his part too I guess, should have had one or two earlier.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Incidentally, if MacGill gets his 200th wicket this test match, he will become the 4th fastest bowler ever to reach 200 wickets, 41 Tests, 1 test quicker than Murali & Warne.

Lee!!! Fantastic delivery